“location location”

Santiago Marriott Hotel
Ranked #27 of 202 Hotels in Santiago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 11, 2011

PROs:
- great location with a view
wakeup every morning with mountains overlooking my window..
im lovin it..
near shopping mall (fallabella and one more mall that i forgot the name)
walking distance 5 minutes
-affordable price
-comfortable bed and spacious room
- good and responsive staff

Room Tip: early booking
Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,445)

Reviewed April 5, 2011

Very Nice hotel. Clean, spacious, great location. Service is efficient although not friendly.
I would definetly come back.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Spent a week at a business meeting. Everyone was super friendly. The waitstaff in the lobby lounge got to know us & our drink orders (which may have not been a good thing :-D)

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed March 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night before catching a cruise ship. The gal at the registration desk asked if we were celebrating anything special, so we told her that my husband had retired two weeks before and that it was also his birthday the day before. The associate said she had a surprise for us and that we would be able to see it when we got to our room. To our amazement, she had upgraded us to the Presidential Suite! Just this small gesture made us a fan of this hotel for life. Obviously the management empowers their personnel to make accommodations for their guests to ensure a memorable stay.

The Concierge also recommended and arranged for us to dine at an amazing restaurant Astrid & Gaston. The food was simply fabulous and we are serious foodies and aren't impressed easily.

This was truly a memorable stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dunhams
Reviewed February 7, 2011

We stayed at this hotel before in 2005, it was wonderful then and more wonderful this time around. Since then it has been remodeled and updated. The staff is excellent and by far one of the best we have ever encounted on a trip. The hotel is beautiful and very well located with a beautiful view of the Andes. The view from the room was spectacular with the city view on one side and the mountains on the other. That is a priceless moment. So if you visit Santiago no matter if it is a cruise layover or a couple of days this is the best place in town, the Marriott Way.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2011

I stayed at the hotel for three weeks while on business. The hotel worked very well for that purpose. While not near tourist sights, it was easily accessible. The room included a complimentary breakfast that was comprehensive and was quite tasty. I had a corner room that gave a wonderful view of the mountains. There is a grocery store on the corner and a mall with restaurants down the road. While the restaurants were generally chains, the hotel is a coule minutes drive from more local restaurants. The front desk staff was very helpful with recommendations. The room was clean and well maintained and the bed was very comfortable. Whlle I was able to get free wi-fi it required signing up for a 'package'. It was a little inconvenient and it would have been better to just have free wi-fi for all.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2011

Marriott is like home, worth every penny. I love Marriott hotels in general because they always make me feel like I am at home. The executive lounge at this hotel is great. The location, however, is a bit far from the city but we managed quite well. My wife and I like to walk everywhere and we love to mingle with the locals. So the location was not a problem for us at all as we walked to a subway station and took subway all over the city. The view at this hotel is just tremendous. You see the mountains all around. The hotel staff is great. Very helpful especially the concierge who has been helping us with tracking of our lost luggage pretty much for the entire stay at the hotel. This hotel is situated a block away from a large mall so if you like to shop this would be a perfect place to stay. A word of caution however, most stores sell American brands at twice US prices. Also if you are a tall person you should give up before you even start. Since the airline lost our luggage I was forced to go to that mall to shop. I am 6’2” and I don’t think Chileans understand what it takes to cloth a person of my height, which is not that tall mind you. 2XL quite large width wise but barely managed to cover my belly. Anyway, right behind the hotel (you have to make a bit of a circle around the hotel) is a huge park with a large rose garden. The park is a very nice place to spend a few hours in the evening resting and watching the sunset. Definitely would recommend this hotel to anyone. If you are thinking of staying at the Ritz not too far away from this hotel I will say, save the money and stay at the Marriott. Better rooms, same quality of service and much cheaper.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple