“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #43 of 197 Hotels in Santiago
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

We stayed at this hotel at the expense of LAN airlines who put us up here for an unexpected layover due to the late arrival of the flight.

This hotel was very modern and comfortable and the room was spacious, neat, clean and quiet. Check in staff were efficient and polite, as were the dining room staff. Breakfast was great and plentisome. Unfortunately, we were not here long enough to enjoy the full facilities but would not hesitate in staying here again if we came back if.

Only negative was wifi access was US$13, a bit pricey.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Alejandra S, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Santiago, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you to convey your experience on TripAdvisor, and qualify us as "Great Hotel"
We are delighted to know that you had a good time at Crowne Plaza Santiago, and you overall really liked our facilities and most importantly, our staff and service. I will share your nice comments with the Operational Team.
It will be a pleasure to receive you again at our hotel.
Sincerely.,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza Santiago this month for business. Checked in and received a room with faulty AC unit. Maintenance came to "fix" it and nothing changed. Had to got to the fornt desk to get moved and it seemed like my request was at the bottom of their priority list. Eventually had to wait in the lobby (the room was too hot.. at least 90F) for an hour for them to have a room ready for me. The front desk was definitely less than attentive to what problems I was presenting to them. Other than that the new room was fine (with a working AC unit). Again, a bit dated as the others have stated here...very 90s theme. Pool area was nice, but the pool is small. The bartender at the pool was amazing though and very kind and available to taking care of me while I relaxed. The area is central as well. Lots of things to go see around the hotel. I recommend the Funicular. Look it up! Overall, A fairly average stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ThurmanMurman
Alejandra S, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Santiago, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your comments, we much appreciate it.

It’s regrettable the problem that you had with the air conditioning at our hotel.
We have taken corrective actions on this to avoid these situations in the future.

Please accept our sincere apologies for all this inconvenience. We are committed to provide all our guest high quality service and we were not able to meet your expectations.

We hope you come back to our property in the future, so you can give us another opportunity to see our real service.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed in the hotel for 2 nights. The service was excellent. Most sights are at walking distance: Barrio Bella Vista, Casa de la Moneda, Cerro San Cristobal, etc. We arrived from Auckland and spent our first couple of hours relaxing at the pool to get rid of the jetlag, it was perfect (great view of the city and the Andes from the pool). We also had friends from Santiago visiting us, we spent a great time in the Club Lounge with them (a lounge in the top floor).
Our only complaint is that the window of our room wasn't clean, there were some marks on it. A hotel of this category should be more careful with this.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest room you can. The hotel has a great view of Santiago's CBD and (in a good da...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alejandra S, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Santiago, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thanks for reviewing our property and tell about your good experience with us. It is always great to have such a good feedback from our clients and hear that they enjoyed our facilities and our services.
Your comments about Your comments about the window cleaning have been received and I can assure you that we will take action on it. I sincerely thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I look forward to welcoming back in the near future.

Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stayed there for four nights. Had wanted to stay closer to the business center, but events in the town had us staying a bit further away than we planned. The hotel itself was fine, but the immediate neighborhood is not as nice. There were several good places to eat a few blocks away, and we felt quite comfortable walking there. Some parts of the hotel are dated and could use some upgrading, but my room was clean and modern. Frustrating that they had so many cable channels, but only two in English (CNN and BBC), so limited options on that front.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alejandra S, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Santiago, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and for sparing your very valuable time to submit a
feedback of your experience during your stay with us.

It will be a big pleasure to have you back in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

We checked in to the Crown Plaza Santiago on New Years Day. As a platinum member, I was upgraded to a room on the executive floor.

The room was of a good size, was very clean and although a little 80's dated - was very well maintained.

Being the holiday period, the lounge was being renovated and was closed for the duration of our stay - as compensation, a bottle of wine + canapés were delivered to our room each day of our stay. We were happy enough with this alternative.

The hotel is in a perfect location for discovering Santiago with many sights within walking distance. The bohemian neighbourhood of Bella Vista is a small 10 minute walk away.

The hotel pool area is a perfect sun trap and a great spot to spend a summer afternoon. Breakfast was extensive and of a very high quality.

I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

And now the apology: Upon check out, a member of my party (we had several rooms) came to me and complained she had been overcharged from the booked rate so I went to reception to sort it. Unbeknown to me, the bill was in fact correct - the error was with my friend mistaking US dollars for Australian Dollars BUT I mistakenly took things at her word and went "all guns blazing" at the reception. As the situation got even more muddled with refunds of local taxes (where there was an actual small mistake on the bill) - I assumed these takes were the overcharge my friend spoke of and got even angrier and out of line.. It was not until 10 minutes into my ranting at the reception staff that I realised the currency error of my friend. By then I was too embarrassed about my tantrum to apologise to the staff member (and also to get outside to not slap my friend for assuming a charge in Chile would be made in Australian Dollars) . So I would like to apologise here. I was wrong - I was out of line - and apologise profusely. The professionalism and aplomb shown by the reception staff in this circumstance was indeed world class. I only hope to visit Santiago again so I can apologise in person.

Room Tip: Spend the extra for an Exec floor room.... They are on the high floors and have amazing views.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alejandra S, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Santiago, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your valuable comment. We feel very satisfied when we are capable to exceed our guest’s expectations and provide a personalized and quality service.

It will be a big pleasure for our team to have you back with us in the near future.

We look forward to welcome you again!
sarasota, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza as part of a tour group to Chile and Argentina.
This was one of the better places we stayed.
The staff was wonderful from the front desk to the terrific people working in the bar area.
One young man in particular made my husband and I feel very special the first night in the hotel.
Our plane had been delayed and we arrived at the hotel later than expected. We had great Pisco Sours and appetizers in the bar as well as a fun evening.
The hotel breakfast was the best we had on our 2 week trip.
The rooms were well appointed and my only disappointment was the charges for wifi. I ended up using the computers in the lobby, which were free.
Great location to dining options etc.
I would recommend the Crowne Plaza to anyone staying in Santiago.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Alejandra S, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Santiago, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Guest;

We want to thank you for taking your time to write your feedback concerning our hotel.

We are thrilled to know that you really had a good time with us at Crowne Plaza Santiago.

Thank you for recommending our Hotel and in your next trip to Santiago, I hope you visit us again.

Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

We had three nights at this hotel, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We were offered an upgrade as an IHG preferred guest, but could not move as the suite was not suitable for me as a wheelchair user. The hotel still gave us, free wi-fi and club access, which was fantastic! I could not access the club as it was upstairs but they allowed us to be served downstairs - which was fine. The hotel is in a good location, and is walking distance to some great restaurants.
Breakfast was lovely, however it did take a substantial amount of time to get an omelette, in the end our waiter cooked ours! It was delicious though!

Room Tip: Room 404 is the disabled access room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience about Crowne Plaza Santiago.

We are delighted to know that you had a good time at our hotel, and you really liked our facilities, the location and our service.

It will be a pleasure to receive you again.

Sincerely;