“Best coffee shop in Santiago”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wonderful - CLOSED

Wonderful
Cuisines: Cafe, American
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Wonderful coffee shop is located in the historical neighborhood Lastarria. Specializing in freshly roasted organic coffee, we also offer bagels, sandwiches, salads, ice creams, macaroons and a variety of pastries & cakes.
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best coffee shop in Santiago”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

If you are looking for good coffee and food in Santiago, this is the place for you. The staff is bi-lingual in English and Spanish so don't worry if you can't speak Spanish. The bagels remind me of getting a New York City bagel. And for those looking for dairy free milk, they have a soy milk option which is really hard to come by in Santiago. I'll be stopping here again on my yearly trips to Santiago.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank phillyvern

Lisbon, Portugal
“Good ambience, great coffee and even better sweets”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have been to Wondeful for lunch and coffee/cake. For lunch you have some sandwiches, bagels and salads: all ingredients super fresh, healthy and tasty. Coffee is good (fair trade coffee!) and they have different brews depending on the day. The selection of cakes is quite yummy but repetitive if you go too often. I recommend the flourless chocolate cake.
Overall is very nice, if anything, the cakes are a tad overpriced. (aprox. USD5 for a slice)
Still quite worth it!

• Visited June 2012
Santiago, Chile
“Wonderful Cafe (truly is wonderful)!”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Wonderful cafe was one of my daily stops while visiting Santiago. The staff was so friendly and very patient (with the little spanish that I spoke) and the food and coffee...AMAZING! Try the hot chocolate (aka a solid piece of chocolate melted in milk) or any of their salads and sandwiches. It's on beautiful Lastarria and the perfect spot if you are near the museums or centro. It's also great if you need to check your e-mail on your i-phone/pad/touch (any i-device) on their free wifi. I highly recommend a stop at Wonderful Cafe while in Santiago!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank maryjack821
“I stop in everyday or so.”
Reviewed April 19, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful is exactly as it sounds. The staff care about the quality of the coffee and the experience you have while there. Even if I'm not buying I stop by to say hi to the baristas. Their patrons are a great mix of people. I've heard more languages in Wonderful than many places I have been. I'll be going back in the morning.

2 Thank Cody P
“They have it all”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

During my stay in Santiago It became a big part of my trip. Weather it was for an early or a late breakfast, I would always end up there. Really good quality coffee, pastries, sandwiches. Excellent environment. Great service!! They're really on poin
I'd be in the top of my list next time I visit Santiago again for sure !

3 Thank daraujosk87
ian o, Owner at Wonderful, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Thanks! Look foward to seeing you again!