“The show is OK, but the food is average and limited choice.”
Review of Bali Hai

Bali Hai
Ranked #129 of 4,566 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Polynesian, Chilean, South American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Las Condes
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
“The show is OK, but the food is average and limited choice.”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

It was recommended by our tourist guide. The restaurant has a Polynesian motif , the table were we the seated was a bit far from the stage were the show was being shown. The food was average and the choice is limited, but at least the show was OK, The first part of the show is interesting. You can hear and learn about the folkloric dances of Chile and their different regions. Then comes the second part of the show were the music and dances are Polynesian. If your taken there, just have good time and have a laugh of some poor tourist who they pick from the public to dance with the dancers.

• Visited October 2012

London
“If you are invited to go, best to read the reviews first”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Part of a large group, invited here by the hosts of our meeting. Read up on the location on TA in advance which helped 'prepare' me for what was coming, meaning it wasn't as bad as if I'd arrived 'cold'

Food not as bad as some reviews suggest (perfectly palatable, limited menu dealing to large 'tourist parties') and the entertainment was competent, but there are far better places to go if you have a choice

• Visited November 2012
Santiago
“Disgusting food and bad taste!”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Bali-Hai (dinner and show)

I was invited to this restaurant with some British friends that were visiting Santiago (Chile).
The exterior of the restaurant is nice, they have Easter Island heads (Moais) but once you get to the interior of this place... it is like being in Las Vegas, I was very embarrased with my friends...the details of decoration and ambientation of the place were very awful. Indeed, I have to say that the owner has a very bad taste.

They serve food but also offer a show of national dances, a pascuense show and an orchestra play too.

We order some food before the show and the food was really disgusting and bad, it made us feel a little nauseated. I returned my dish 3 times and it didn´t get better. This restaurant is very expensive and I don´t understand why since the food is very bad and the show it is not that good at all. During the intervals the presenter does his own show, he would sing Frank Sinatra...New York New York...It was surreal!

• Visited April 2012
4 Thank Filosopame
Mexico City, Mexico
“it´s a fake version of polinesian dance and music”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We took this attraction hoping for the best. The restaurant is ok in its ornamentation. The food was of good quality, but the menu has only of two choices. This we didn´t know. We cannot complain on that. We decided one different for my wife and the other for me. The wine also is included and the same on choosing; red or white according to the menu. They said it was half a bottle, but I was quite sure it was 300 ml.

The show is a fake. Polynesia only by name. Every body was very Chilean, except from the lady who sang, but I am not sure from where she was. The best thing was the showman, who sang old songs from 70´s and imitated Tom Jones very well. For a 110 US per pax I would not recommend going to this place. The waiters where asking for their tip, even before we were about to leave, which I consider it very unpolite. The guys from Turistour where very friendly and they provide us with a good table. They pick up us at (:30 p.m. and arrived at 9.00 p.m. and left before midnight on a Saturday night.???!!!! Not what I expected from what I read in the brochure.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank mango34
Rome
“At half the price you could chalk it up as a learning experience”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Bali Hai is a combination restaurant/show highlighting the Polynesian aspect of Chile's culture. Although the entertainment is somewhat entertaining, as the performers seem to be sincerely enjoying themselves, the food is borderline terrible and the cost of the dinner/show is outrageous. The restaurant caters to groups of tourists, so avoid it unless you are constricted to attend as part of a group activity. In such a case, at least you can take heart in the fact that misery loves company.

• Visited December 2011