“Not that great food, but kind people”
Review of El Jardin de Epicuro - CLOSED

El Jardin de Epicuro
Cuisines: French, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We had dinner on their nice terrace opposite the hotel where we were staying. Uncomfortable seats but nice streetview. Nice wine, kind staff, extensive menu but not everything was available.
We ordered lamb and foie gras ravioli. Presentation was so/so. Ravioli was tough. Waiter did not seem to know much about Chilean wines either, which is a pity. We had a nice evening, but will not return for dinner.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We tried this restaurant on our last evening at Le Reve, it is right across the street and convenient. Each night it was busy, and now we know why, delicious tapas and Entrees. We had the Chistorra huevos de Codorniz, beautiful presentation and delicious. We followed with a vegetarian dish of Risotto de Monte, again delicious, my husband was still wanting to try the hamburguesa catalana, third dish was just as delicious. Service was great, they spoke great English and had a menu in English. If you are staying in the area, a must on your list for dinner!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

This restaurant came very recommend, so I was surprised when the food was of such poor quality. I ordered the aged beef fillet and it was very fatty and not as tasty as I have come to expect in Chile. Couldn't pay up and leave fast enough.

1  Thank aclaughan
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Oh dear I read such good reviews on trip advisor and was expecting a delicious meal,it was opposite our fantastic hotel Le Reve , it was also recommended by the Hotel,the staff where very friendly and it had a nice atmosphere. My husband had the steak and I had the lamb chops,both cuts of meat where very poor!! We have been eating Argentinian meat for a week and that has been amazing I hope this is not standard of meat in Chile because we are here for 4 weeks.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We have just got into our hotel from El Jardin de Epicuro, which is just over the road. We have had an absolutely delicious meal, served with no fuss and for a very reasonable price. I had the fabulous pâté de fois ravioli and my husband had the hake. Both dishes were absolutely wonderful, hence writing this straight away. And even though we had a Spanish speaking waiter, we all understood whatever was said. An interesting state of affairs.
If you are in the area, do go. It's really worth it.

2  Thank camphillian