“Mixed Review”

Madam Tusan
Ranked #161 of 4,573 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Chinese, Peruvian, Asian
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Santiago, Chile
“Mixed Review”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have been to Madame Tusan´s three times, twice at Parque Arauco, once at Costanera Center. The two times at Parque Arauco, food was excellent, so was service and I was a very satisfied overall, it is not cheap, but was well worth it.

On the other hand, the visit to the Costanera Center Madam Tusan was extremely disappointing, food was bland, service was not and but not good, all in all, not worth the money. I have not gone back since, so I don´t know if this is generalized or simply a one off. But my last experience was not good.

Visited September 2013

São Paulo, SP
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I loved to eat there, very exotic food and excellent service and decoration.

Try the food that look like more different because you will be surprised... enjoy

Visited March 2013
New Westminster, Canada
“Almost Always Excellent”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Every time I travel to Lima or Santiago I look forward to dining at Madam Tusan. On this trip we went twice and everything was excellent.............. except for their special Wonton Soup!!!!!

I was like to try different things of their menu and always I'm delighted and leave with a smile on my face, unfortunately not the case with the soup. I swear it was nothing more than a bag of Lipton Chicken soup with some wonton, pork and a few green onions for color.

Typically great wonton soup broth is clear and flavorful, load with pork filled wonton, shrimp and veggies.

The rest of the meals were fantastic, so if they can up their game in the soup department I could rate them as excellent.

• Visited October 2013
Florida
“Garbage - Greazy, bland and just awful”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I tried 4 dishes at lunch and every single dish was truly awful. The noodles were oily and grease covered while lacking in pictured ingredients. The steak tenderloin dish had a mystery brown sauce like airplane food and was goo. It was nasty. The other dishes were flavorless and of low quality. Everything was nausea inducing in terms of texture, taste and appearance.

I travel the world for work and must say this has been my worst restaurant meal in 2013.

FYI lunch for 2 with 2 soft drinks was $80 USD and you can eat better quality Chinese food in a cheap takeout Chinese place anywhere in the USA or Canada (and to anyone who knows how average takeout Chinese can be knows that is not saying much but it will cost $15 not $80)

Stay away from this place.

• Visited October 2013
“Generous portions of OK food”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stopped by to look at the menu & were intrigued by the concept of Peruvian/Chinese fusion... We ordered lettuce wraps (not their name for it) and pollo Bruce Lee (kung pao chicken with red & green bell peppers). Both portions were substantial, but the lethettuce wrap size was 2-2.5 times bigger than PF Changs in the US. Served with slightly wilted lettuce and no accompanying sauces or chili oil. Some of the lettuce leaves were nice & crunchy, but no special attention had been paid to the overall lettuce quality.

It was mid day so we had soft drinks, and my wife says it was the best limeade she'd ever tasted - I agree it was excellent & should have asked for a glass with ice to chill with. Espresso was mediocre.

Outstanding service complete with a digital IPad interactive menu in English made ordering easy and accurate, but somehow took the adventure out of the experience as I'm only half-fluent in Spanish.

The excellent service began outside & continued throughout the meal, ending with 6-7 different staff members thanking us on the way out.

It's an interesting change, but I'd opt for straight Peruvian or Chinese in the future...

• Visited July 2013