“Excellent service and superb indian food”
Review of Jewel of India

Jewel of India
Ranked #8 of 4,706 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Transport each one to north India with great energies, customs , culture , Music , Bollywood dances to enjoy authentic Indian cusine keeping Indian traditions in mind. A dignified, cultured and mystical place to enjoy with business groups to families to friends to the most loving person for a perfect romantic place where one can drink quietly in Kamasutra room to a private room for 8 heads to a open kitchen to a dance room to a room of god to room of Krishna for babies. A true Indian home where respect, service, humane values are the top priority for each cliente visiting mi casa. Namaste.
“Excellent service and superb indian food”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We arrived in Santiago craving some spicy food and decided to try out this restuarant - great decision! The owner greeted us pesonally and showed us to a table in a lovely, well decorated restaurant. The food we had was superb - portions were not large, but were very good quality and more than enough. We also got sent back to our table after paying the bill becuase we had not had our complimentary tea or coffee following the meal - the service is very good (but not over the top) nd the quality of the food matches. Definitely worth a visit.

Santiago, Chile
“Unusual Dining Experiences for Chile”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Definitely the best welcoming and best Indian food in Chile.
I would go again and again and again , with friends , family and even Business meetings.
Love it.
The Owner is nice and treat the place like Home which give you a nice experience especially in my life that I eat outside a lot.
Expensive , Yes but worth every penny.

• Visited April 2014
“Excellent service and excellent meal”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I ate in Jewel of India with a friend from work. When we arrived we were received with a very warm welcome by the owner. We ordered 4 starters, 2 main course of lamb and two desserts and a tea. Th food was fresh, home made and flavors were fantastic. I like spicy food and the lamb was tender and very spicy. This restaurant is well worth a visit if you like Indian food. The atmosphere is very friendly and calm. Yes, the price is not cheap but good food never is.

1 Thank Dave K
dublin
“Most overly-priced rice ever!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I love Indian food and I had heard great things about this restaurant. It scores highly in my view for atmosphere and service (and in my view service is not high priority in Chile so this was a nice treat).

We were a group of four and we shared some decent dishes, very good lamb etc but when we were ordering, the waitress asked if we wanted 4 portions of rice with out main courses and we said no, 2 would be fine with naans etc. Was I glad? She recommended the safron rice and a plain bastmati rice. Rice is rice, right? Cheap and you don't expect it to be $9,000CLP ($16USD) for the smallest portion of rice for one person. I don't mind paying for something if its exceptional but this was just rice! Of course when the bill came we checked why the rice was so expensive but were not given a reasonable excuse other than it was "safron rice and the price is on the menu"... I cook with safron all the time and it is not diamond dust! This was ridiculous!

I felt that the sneaky way this over-priced rice was sneakily added to the bill was very rude. Overall I enjoyed this restaurant but I won't be going back or recommending it because of that reason.

1 Thank MJ D
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food is decent, but too expensive”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

My wife and I have been living in Santiago for 5 months and we were craving some Indian food. This place seemed to have pretty good reviews, so we gave it a shot. The owner was there and he was very friendly. He helped us order an appetizer, which had 6 small pieces of vegetarian snacks. They were OK, but nothing special. He helped us order our main dishes, as well. We had a lamb curry and chicken tikka masala, 2 orders of naan, and 1 order of rice.

The lamb was dry and had a virtually identical sauce to the chicken, which I was annoyed by, since we were told the 2 dishes would be a nice pairing. The flavor of the curry was decent, but a bit too salty for our taste, and they seemed a bit "old" -- not fresh. The basmati rice was nothing special, and a rather small quantity. The naan was the best part of the meal. The first one we ordered was overcooked, but still pretty good, but the second one was great. Our non-alcoholic drinks were also quite good. One was a lemonade with ginger, the other was a mango lassi.

However, the cost is too high for what you get, in my opinion. Our appetizer was $17USD. $10 would have been more appropriate. The main dishes were around $18 each, which is reasonable, but the quality should have been better for that price. The non-alcoholic drinks were around $6 each, but were pretty good, so that is OK. However, the rice was around $6.50, which is CRAZY for such a small portion of rice. Our total bill was around $85, which is too much for a basic Indian food meal, with no alcohol, in my opinion.

1 Thank Patrick F