“excellent and informative tour”

Spicy Chile - Free Walking Tours
Ranked #25 of 310 Tours in Santiago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Spicy chile !! Free walking tour the taste of Chile. In Santiago 2 different routes in English-Portugues-Espanol. Tour 1 "hola Santiago in 360 °" from Monday to Sunday 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. meeting point metro Bellas artes (Monjitas/Mosqueto) Tour 2 "the fruit Market" from Monday to Friday at 10:00 am. Meeting point Metro bellas artes (monjitas/mosqueto) Private Walking Tours English-Portugues-Espanol. Others Tours - Pub Crawl (friday and saturday) - Vina del Mar and Valparaiso - Vineyard Concha y Toro/ Undurraga/ Santa Rita - Embalse El Yeso (Cajon del Maipo) - Aconcagua Park Tour (treeking) - Shop Tour (Tour de compras) - Tranfer Check or web page WWW.SPICYCHILE.CL
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I went for the 10am morning tour which started near La Moneda metro station. No one else turned up so Santiago did a private one-on-one tour for me! The whole tour was completed within 3hours and it was very informative and offered a great insight into Chile! Santiago was very professional and prompt to answer any queries. I would highly recommend anyone to do the tour with Santiago!

1  Thank hobopoh
"small group"
in 16 reviews
"santiago tour"
in 11 reviews
"great introduction to the city"
"chilean culture"
"santa lucia hill"
"la moneda"
"excellent guide"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"tips"
in 28 reviews
"history"
in 101 reviews

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I booked the Spicy Chile Tour 3 ‘The Patrimonial Route’ as a private tour as the tip-based tour wasn’t running on days we were available in Santiago. Our guide Sofia was fantastic; she is mature beyond her years whilst being a lot of fun. We enjoyed a lot of laughs together. The tour took us through areas of Santiago we would have never of thought to go on our own. We particularly liked Boulevard Lavaud (aka peluqueria francesa). We had already eaten lunch however the sandwich shop Sofia took us into had really interesting antiques etc. displayed on the walls. We really enjoyed this tour – you feel like you’re seeing a non-tourist part of Santiago as tourists seem to take tours 1 and 2 and don’t have enough time for tour 3.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I were passing through Santiago on our way to Ski Portillo. We only had one day in the city, but really wanted to make the most of it. We couldn't have done it without the Spicy Chile tour! Our guide, Blake, was great! He walked us past the important sights, through some of the city's most interesting neighborhoods, and gave us a great history and cultural lesson along the way.

The tour was paced well and easy to follow. Blake is originally from Texas, but had a thorough understanding of Santiago and Chile, having lived there for several years. He was very good about answering all of our questions. He even took us to a nice sidewalk cafe, and gave a great restaurant recommendation for our 10-year anniversary dinner later that night. Thanks, Blake!

ps. Don't get on one of those cheesy bus tours. This is the only way to really see and experience the city.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I did the "Good Morning Santiago" tour. This tour is great for people who have just arrived in the city, or who want to know a bit more about the history and culture of the city and country. I had Sandy to myself as a guide, she was really good - very engaging, fun and had lots of interesting info about the history of Santiago and Chile. Would definitely recommend this.