“Spicy Chile takes you on an authentic and complete tour of Santiago”

Spicy Chile - Free Walking Tours
Ranked #27 of 297 Tours in Santiago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Spicy chile !! Free walking tour the taste of the city. In Santiago 2 different routes. Tour 1 "hola Santiago in 360 °" from Monday to Sunday 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. meeting point metro Bellas artes (Monjitas/Mosqueto) Tour 2 "the fruit Market" from Monday to Friday at 10:00 am. Meeting point Metro bellas artes (monjitas/mosqueto)
Reviewed December 4, 2012

If you are looking for an easy and great way to discover all that Santiago has to offer, going on a tour with Spicy Chile is a must. They offer three different group tours and it s also possible to arrange for a private tour. Before taking the tour, I had no idea what to do in Santiago and I was ready to leave as soon as possible. While I only took the tour called Good Morning Santiago (you can either take it at 10 am or 2 pm everyday and it starts in front of the statue of Salvador Allende) which starts at la Moneda and takes you all the way to Cerro San Cristobal, it allowed me to see that I wasn´t even close to conquering Santiago. What made the tour especially special and refreshing was the fact that our tour guide who´s name was Claudia really shared her passion and knowledge of Santiago. I could tell that she hadn t memorized a script and it felt almost as if it was a friend giving us a tour and not a guide. She was extremely nice and willing to answer any questions we had.She was also patient and didn´t rush things. The greatest part though, was that the cost for the tour was by donation. I think that´s really great because it shows that she isn´t doing it for the money but because she loves doing it.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

We took the 2pm tour and met our guide Antonio at Allande's statue. He was on time - a little man but full of energy and passion for his city and country. Be prepared for a lot of walking - our tour lasted about 4 hours packed with information about the history of chile. Take a hat and put on sunscreen. It is a great city and for my mind this "free" tour is a perfect way to be introduced. We tipped 10,000 pesos each which is about $20 and worth every cent.

2  Thank geebob1
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We took the "Good Morning Santiago" tour with Antonio. We thought that a 4 hour walking tour might be too long, but the time flew by as Antonio's stories combining historic and contemporary information, and his animated presentation were fascinating. The walking pace was very reasonable, with frequent stops, and a coffee/refreshment break in the middle of the tour. The tour covered a very urban area during the first half, and quieter neighborhoods toward the end. This is a great way to get an introduction to Santiago.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Took tour #2 today with Blake and it was an excellent overview of not only the markets in Santiago but also many interesting facts of the City. It included a stop for local food as well and a chance for local bar beverages at the end. The duration was perfect and very informative.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I emailed ahead for a private tour with SpicyTours and am pleased with my whole experience. Pre-trip emails with Javier were prompt and clear. Final planning and their flexibility to meet my wife and I to begin the tour were welcoming. Our tour guide, Antonio was a delightfully energetic person and provided a nice tour. By the end of a four hour tour we had both a nice introduction to Santiago and the sense of a true friend in Antonio. I recommend this group for their regular or private tours.

2  Thank RWhiteDen