“If knowledge is power - these guys are mighty powerful!”
Review of Ecochile Travel

$120.00*
Small-Group Andes Mountains Snowshoeing Hiking Tour from Santiago
Ranked #10 of 190 Outdoor Activities in Santiago
More attraction details
Owner description: We are Ecochile an inbound Eco - tour operator located in Santiago Chile focused mainly in ecotourism and responsible tourism. We offer activities such as trekking & hiking, wine routes, horseback riding, cultural and adventure all throughout Chile. Our mission is to provide a service of sustainable and responsible tourism by taking care of the environment and the addition of local communities through a friendly dynamic between participants and hosts, focusing on a welcoming and real experience.
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We had a chance to use EcoChile Travel recently while shooting a television show in Chile. We had limited time and lots to accomplish for the episode and EcoChile really delivered.

They arrived at our hotel on time and had encyclopedic knowledge of the area and the creatures that inhabit it. Originally we had a longer, more adventurous trek scheduled, but due to time, we had to change our activity. No problem for Joaquin and {what’s His NAME?}; they rolled with the punches and brought our crew to an entirely different location with great attitude and lots of fun.

They are full of knowledge and lore and were great to trek with. No matter what my question, something about a plant, or a bird, or how some rock formation was formed, they knew the answer. They are smart and experienced and I would love to go on a larger, longer outing with these guys. Coming form North America, you would be a fool not to check out some of the natural wonder around Santiago [or beyond] and these guys are a good bet for guiding you.

There are newer reviews for Ecochile Travel

Reviewed April 3, 2014

This isn't tour is experience! My tour guide name cristobal really brought me into this beautiful Andes mountain trekking. He punctual speak well English and passionate what's his doing. How do I know ecochile? Answer is just same everyone simple, check on tripadvisor and come up ecochile is the best and lots of good comments in Chile. After stuck in Santiago for few day and really didn't has any good impression for me so I'd desire give it ago! I am glad I've make a good decision. This glacier plus hot spring trip it really changed my thought of Santiago.hot spring was feel like in heaven! Thank you ecochile and of cause you...cristobal.

1  Thank cherryluvtravel
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I only had four days in Santiago. I nearly did not do this tour (glacier walk and hot spring), after I was told that it would take >6 hours of travel time, but I am glad that I signed up!

The hiking activity was great - stunning view all the way up to El Morado glacier, although I have to say it was moderately challenging physically (it took us 4.5 hours to go and down). At the end of the tour, you get a very nice hot spring bath, that will take away all your tiredness.

What made the trip even greater was our tour guide, Daniel Bononato, who was very helpful, easy-going and fun to be around with. He offered me a homemade Mate the first thing I went into the car and he made great effort to make sure everyone was comfortable and having fun throughout the journey.

Apart from this day trip, I also went to Valparaiso, did a walking tour in Santiago and a bike-and-wine tour at Santa Rita. While the other parts of my trip were good, this tour was at a different league altogether! So, do not miss this if you can.

1  Thank ZC_SydneyStreet
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Daniel took us on the walk to the glaciers and the hot springs. He was punctual very polite with excellent English, happy to talk about our natural surroundings.We were just knocked out by the views of the mountains and the glacier which changed not just as we walked but also the subtle colour changes in the different light as the day wore on. We didn't make it all the way to the glacier, but that wasn't a problem. Lying in the hot spring pools afterwards surrounded by mountains was an added bonus, as was our little tasting picnic supplied by Daniel. I think it is quite a heavy workload for one guy to drive out to the mountains and back, plus guide us and support us through the day, thanks again Daniel for a great day.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Back in February I took two different tours."Los Andes Waterfall tour" and "Glacier and Hot Springs" both were different and outstanding. I book both tours in half day in advance, Christian were able to accomodate us immediately and even give us a personal cell # for any changes. For both tours we had a guide Danny. He was professional,caring and fan.
Ecochile Travel Day Tours were the highlight of my trip to Chile.

1  Thank SLOMAKINA