“A very special day” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Cajon del Maipo Day Trip from Santiago
Ranked #12 of 172 Outdoor Activities in Santiago
More attraction details
Owner description: We are Ecochile an inbound Eco - tour operator located in Santiago Chile focused mainly in ecotourism and responsible tourism. We offer activities such as trekking & hiking, wine routes, horseback riding, cultural and adventure all throughout Chile. Our mission is to provide a service of sustainable and responsible tourism by taking care of the environment and the addition of local communities through a friendly dynamic between participants and hosts, focusing on a welcoming and real experience.
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A very special day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

I went on the "Glaciars & Hot Springs" tour and absolutely loved it! The guys gave us a lot of interesting information about the region, and they were pretty nice. It felt like hanging out with a group of good friends. I actually had a hard time with the altitude at first, but the views totally worth any malaise. Besides, the guide Cristobal was very helpful, his tips not only made me recover quickly but also made me feel looked after. The most important part for me was that, being born and raised at the brasilian coast, of course I had never seen the snow before. So it was a very special moment in my life...and I couldn't have thought of better people to share iy with! :)

London, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Beautiful scenery and friendly guides”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I had a fantastic day out in the Andes. We were picked up promptly and driven into the mountains, stopping to buy lunch on the way. We then spent a fantastic day walking into the valley and up to the lagoon. Our guide was very helpful and friendly, with a great sense of humour. We spent a super day, enjoying lunch by the lagoon, before walking back, enjoying the views and the natural beauty. I would really recommend this trip.

1 Thank KittyKat66
Chicago, Illinois
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Fun, Organized and Eco Friendly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

We hiked with EcoChile on their Los Andes Waterfall tour and had a really great day. Everything was well organized and Cristobal and Joaquin were excellent guides.

It was almost 8 hours of hiking, but they did a great job of pacing the hike and giving us time to get some water and snacks along the way. The hike was unbelievable - the sights of the Andes were unlike any mountains I have hiked prior. I wish I had more than one day to explore and get out on other trails.

They both did a great job of telling us about the animals and plants as we passed them. You could tell they loved their jobs and were having fun throughout the hike, which I think helped our group have more fun together. It helped having two guides come along, one could help lead the way while the other one stayed in the back with people who were moving at a slower pace.

One thing I really appreciated was they spent 15 minutes at the beginning of the hike and 15 minutes after dedicated to only stretching. The next day I could tell I wasn't as sore from the long hike because we spent time warming up and cooling down!

Overall it was a great day and I would recommend EcoChile to anyone considering a tour from Santiago!

Visited September 2012
Trois-Rivières, Quebec, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Customized trips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I did 2 others trip with Ecochile adventure, and it was much better than expected. After my first short bike trip, it was easier to plan something different and to plan something that would better fill my dream.
So they took me to El Morado, but in the next valley where lanscape is better and where there is less walking. This has been the option choosen because of the time I had left in Santiago (flight at 19h). I got pick up at 7h in the morning and they have used a car that can go very high in the mountain. The trip was amazing, we saw also some ice falling from the glacier.

When I finished my job in Chile, I contacted them again since I had some free time before my flight back to Canada. We stayed close to Santiago and did a 800m elevation gain to a nice summit.
They choose again something not usual that was perfect for me. This time more hicking and a summit where we could see the Andes and the Santiago smog. We were lucky because it was very claudy in Santiago and we hicked high enough to get above the clouds. Amazing!

Thanks to Cristian for the planning and good communication and also to Joaquin the guide that choose the perfect trip for me and to be so friendly and so easy to deal with. After 3 trips, its like a friend that I will sure contact again if I come back.

Visited April 2012
Houston, Texas
“Trekking in the Andes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I went trekking with classmates to the Andes mountains, it was a lot of fun and a 100% authentic experience. I would definitely do it again and would recommend it to others. Our Ecochile guides provided all of our supplies and were very friendly and fun to hang out with. The guides also spoke fluent English, which is a plus if you are only a beginner at Spanish like I was. I would definitely recommend them if you want to go trekking and would definitely do business with them again.

Visited June 2012