“Fantastic tour!”

Ranked #67 of 285 Tours in Santiago
Sao Paulo, SP
“Fantastic tour!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Hiking in the mountains with Pedro and Leo was fantastic. They were great guides, had the equipment necessary for comfortable hiking, knew the best routes in El Morado valley, and managed to respect the pace of everybody in the tour - which is quite remarkable since we were in a group of people with very diverse hiking experience. Unforgettable tour in a stunning place. Thank you Pedro and Leo!

Visited September 2013

Houston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Nicest guys in the country”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Our tour was perfect and Pedro and Leo were really the nicest guys. Overly accommodating on our day tour in the Andes and planned the perfect day. Would recommend the tour to everyone.

Visited September 2013
San Francisco
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic day trip out of Santiago”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I read about Chilean palms shortly before my trip. There are even 2 specimens in San Francisco, but when I saw there was a nature reserve near Santiago with a Chilean palm 'forest' (really groves) I wanted to go. I booked at short notice as a solo traveler, and luckily could join another couple. Pedro arrived slightly early, just as I emerged from my small B&B in the center of town. We drove North, with a spectacular sunrise over the Andes. The day was long enough to enjoy an equally impressive sunset on the return drive. We arrived after 90 minutes to a welcome thermos of coffee and sandwiches. The hike was not at all strenuous, with plenty of stops, and explanations of the plants. Apart from the splendid trees, there are cacti and extensive views. We lunched in a gazebo overlooking a waterfall, and were offered some novel fruits as dessert. Pedro spoke excellent English (and French), and his Spanish was clear enough to understand (which can be impossible in Chile!). After the hike we stopped at a rural restaurant for the best empanadas I had in my whole stay. Pedro and his colleague Luego were excellent company, and I can highly recommend this trip. As an unusual bonus Pedro also took photographs of us, and promptly posted them to the Web for us!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Mike415x
Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great day trips out of Santiago”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

What a great two days! We took two different day trips with Pedro and Leo - one to El Morado and the other to La Campana. It was a great opportunity to walk in two completely contrasting landscapes close to Santiago. Pedro was very knowledgeable and paced both of the walks that we did according to our ability and level of interest. Pedro wasn't the least bit phased when we arrived to El Morado and we were unable to do the walk that he had planned - due to the recent snow the walk had been closed for safety reasons - he just changed direction and we went off exploring across the snowy hills for an interesting adventure instead. Pedro and Leo were both able to speak good English, but they were also very patient with our terrible Spanish. So if you are looking for a great day trip (or two) then make contact with Fueguinos - we think that you are guaranteed to have a great time with a wonderful tour guide who knows the walks, the history etc.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Kerrie E
Dungog nsw
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastico !”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Pedro is amazing ! Very long days but fantastic value for money, some great scenery , knowledge, companionship and experiences with the local culture as well. I had a day up to El Morado and the second day with my wife around the coast , San Antonio etc. We thoroughly enjoyed the amazing bird life around the mouth of the Maipo River. Pedro was happy to go at what ever pace that was needed, which as a birder, is mostly slow. When we arrived home , Pedro also followed up with a link to photos he had taken of our trip. We would definitely use him again and would confidently recommend him to anyone traveling to Santiago and wanting an amazing outdoor experience.

Visited May 2013