“Great Customer Service”

Hilton Garden Inn Santiago Airport
Ranked #38 of 202 Hotels in Santiago
Reviewed June 29, 2014

On our journey to Brazil we stopped here for an overnight stay. Due to the significant delay of the flight, our trip was cut short so I am not able to comment on any of the other facilities (e.g gym), as I could not use them.

The service of the Hilton hotel is top. We received an email the week before to confirm what time we will be arriving. In this email it was also explained how the free shuttle service from the airport works. Even though our flight was delayed by 18 hrs, the room was kept for and was ready as soon as we arrived (incl baby cot).

The room was quite large. Due to the cold temperatures in Santiago it was cold in there so. As a consequence, we turned on the aircon to heat up the room. The aircon is my only complain about the hotel. It was relatively tricky to use, plus once it started worked the air became very dusty. I think the filter has not been cleaned in a while.
Breakfast buffet was served in the morning until 11am. The food was good, especially the freshly made sandwiches.

Apart from the aircon, the hotel is highly recommendable for a short day near the airport.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Boerny1983
Natalia U, Assistant at Hilton Garden Inn Santiago Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Santiago Airport Staff we thank you for choosing this hotel and for sharing your experience in Trip Advisor.
Our main purpose is to exceed each of our clients’ expectations and we are very pleased to learn when we achieve it.
. We do hope to welcome you again as a guest at Hilton Garden Inn Santiago Airport during your next visit at Santiago City

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Santiago Airport

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed over night to make a connecting flight to Rapa Nui the next day. They have a late check out fee of $49.00 so you can stay in room from 2pm to 6pm on your departure day. Which is better than waiting at airport. hint: when arriving at international air port once you get through customs you will go through a glass door into a lobby crowded with people and taxi cab signs. turn immediately to your right and walk down to section 4. there there will be a transportation desk in which you have to check in and get a piece of paper BEFORE you go out to get the shuttle to hotel. Diner at hotel was good but pricing is what you would expect at a Hilton...lunch is a buffet... but well worth it. Staff at desk usually could speak English but restaurant staff spoke limited English, but were very friendly and tried hard to communicate. You must notify desk at least two hours in advance about airport shuttle needs. Shuttle can only be scheduled on hour and half hour.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank MiamiAlan

Thank you very much for choosing Hilton Garden Inn Santiago Airport. We enjoyed serving you.Team Members are grateful to take your time to answer this survey and evaluate our services, to us is very important comments and suggestions.
Our goal is to satisfy each of the individual expectations of our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you soon to our hotel Hilton Garden Inn Santiago Airport.
We will do everything possible to ensure you have the most satisfying experience in our hotel.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Awesome hotel, great location next to the airport, and best thing is the Restaurant. Very good selection of international dishes. I stayed there for one night, but really enjoyed the service, and the pool and room service facilities, I would definitely go back there in my next trip to Chile

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you very much for choosing Hilton Garden Inn Santiago Airport.

We appreciate your time to answer this survey and evaluate our services, for us is very important comments and suggestions.
Our goal is to satisfy each individual expectations of our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Hilton Garden Inn Santiago Airport.

Best Regards

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Hilton Garden provided a great service during my season in Santiago-Chile. I recomend this hotel. The only problem is regarding TV, only spanish channels are available. Other services are greatly provided.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Although the hotel is at the airport, it is a 10 minute ride by van. TransferVIP is a free service of the hotel so look for their desk in the international and Domestic arrivals and I think a stand is at Gate 4 outside domestic arrivals. Don't get side tracked to a taxi stand, stay focused on TransferVIP. They do an excellent job and know Garden Inn is their destination. The hotel staff is excellent and the dining room serves very nice food with late hours (11:00 pm.) We left one bag at the hotel for a week while traveling to other destinations and there was absolutely no problem. The hotel staff is very accommodating. The rooms are new, modern, large, clean and comfortable. Our only down side is the lighting is a little dim by American standards. Walk in showers are available, just ask.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed here twice in a week. We flew down to Easter Island and I wanted some breathing room due to the 16 hours of flying. We stayed two nights and the staff was amazing. My bags were delayed by Copa Airlines and the Hilton staff truly made it a better time.

The free airport shuttle was great and reliable. The TransVIP workers (airport pickup) will try to hit you up for a tip which I feel is obnoxious since I always tip, everyone. The hotel also has a free shuttle to two local malls, one to downtown Santiago which is great and will give you three hours to look around before it picks you up. They also have a washer/dryer on the second floor .. came in very handy with delayed baggage.

Beware of the taxi service offered by the hotel. This is NO FAULT of there own but the driver was clearly instructed to drive me a mall downtown and took me to Parque Aracio which is only slightly farther. I was told 12,000 pesos and then when i checked out the receipt had 22,000 on it. Same for the ride back, was told 12,000 yet the receipt was 15,500. DEMAND to have the bell hop or front desk fill out the receipt BEFORE you leave the hotel. I signed it and didn't see the blank square where he filled in the higher amount so it's on me but i feel it is shady. (Besides that, reliable service and a clean taxi)

I wouldn't let that bother me and next time I go, I will probably stay here. Very close to airport yet easy to get to Downtown.

The next stay was 4 days later, the hotel kept some bags for me so i didn't have to pay through the nose and bring them with me on LAN. Also, the room had A/C issues and no soap in the bathroom, but were quickly resolved.

The breakfast was free for me since i am a Hilton Gold, it was good. Could have some more selections but i didn't expect much.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

My daughter and I were placed in this hotel by LAN airlines when our connection to Sydney was missed due to a storm on Easter Island. The hotel facilities were excellent with comfortable accommodation, views of the snow covered Andes and with a warm swimming pool and spa. The hotel was somewhat isolated and about a 10 minute taxi ride from the airport. I needed to sleep between flights but was rudely awoken after 2 hours by cleaners who insisted on knocking loudly instead of observing the "Do not disturb" sign on the door. After getting back to sleep I was once again woken, this time by desk staff who phoned to request I change to a room with different bedding configuration. That was the end of my sleep which left me quite annoyed that my brief stay at a hotel with such nice facilities had been ruined by inconsiderate staff disruptions.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Natalia U, Assistant at Hilton Garden Inn Santiago Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014