“Great for Airport Transit Stopover”

Hilton Garden Inn Santiago Airport
Ranked #37 of 196 Hotels in Santiago
Singapore
“Great for Airport Transit Stopover”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

There is a free shuttle service to and from this hotel which is only a couple of minutes drive from the airport. The staff were very friendly, the check in was very quick and the food in the restaurant was excellent (possibly our best meal in three weeks in South America).
I'd thoroughly recommend this as an alternative to the Holiday Inn, Santiago Airport, where I also stayed. The latter was closer but when check in and check out times were taken into account, the Hilton Garden Inn was a hands down winner and an overall better choice. See my separate review of the Holiday Inn, Santiago Airport.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Colorado
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Wow. Surprised this only a Hilton Garden Inn vs. a premium Hilton. Fantastic and new, bedrooms, indoor pool along with breakfast area. FYI - They have safety cameras in the pool area. I slipped in the pool / spa area (completely my fault) and in less than 2 min I had 2 supervisors coming to take care of me and making sure I was okay. The slip must have looked awful because later that morning the main hotel supervisor asked if I was okay as well. While I was thoroughly embarrassed and not hurt at all, it was nice they honestly seemed to care I was okay (vs. just caring for a possible problem). The pool/steam and work out rooms are fantastic. The bed is great (one of those you can set your own softness on) and rooms were exactly the style we love. Even though this is an airport hotel, I honestly thought of staying for another night vs. staying in the city. We had our own car and it was a bit of a go-around to get to the hotel due to the interstate setup, but completely worth it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Nice new hotel - large, but not too big. Nicely appointed - better than some other Hilton Garden Inns.
Large clean rooms. Pretty quiet. Very comfortable bed. Modern bathroom and large shower. The staff is very attentive and willing to help if you don't speak Spanish.
The location is 5 minutes from SCL airport - the good news. The hitch is there is nothing within walking distance. You need a taxi to get to downtown Santiago (10-12000 Pesos and 10 minutes). The hotel shuttle will bring you to the airport, where you can get a bus if you want, but the taxi is much faster.

I don't know why it's not listed as Santiago, like the other hotels nearby.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank bassboards_sax
Auckland
Reviewed September 13, 2011

The hotel is set in a very new area and is brand spanking new itself. Lovely modern rooms, really comfy beds, sheets, staff who spoke good english. Good 10min transfers. And a reasonable rate around US129

We needed a day room from 0800-1800 between overnight flights in Santiago, and arrived at the airport without a reservation. Tried the Holiday Inn (which is literally across the road from the airport), they were quite expensive and full - they also advised all of the other airport hotels were fully booked - this was deceiptful, as we checked with the Information counter at the airport and they gave us the Hilton's number and with one easy call they booked us a room and advised their transfer which runs every 15 min would be with us in 5 min. Perfect!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ler0yb
patricia s, Gerente at Hilton Garden Inn Santiago Airport, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
thank you very much for choosing to stay in Chile, we are glad you enjoyed, it is very important for us your comments and suggestions from our guests. We hope to see you soon and give you the pleasant welcome to our Hilton Garden Inn Santiago Airport
Best Regards
Patricia Salas
Executive Assistant
Adelaide, South Australia
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Needing a hotel for a night near Santiago airport I was directed to the Hilton Garden Inn. The best thing by far at this hotel was the view of the Andes through my panoramic 8th floor window and the very friendly staff who try their best to understand if Spanish is not the guest's first language.
I had 20 hours before my flight and I was going stir-crazy waiting around for my taxi to the airport. There is nothing to do at this hotel in the middle of nowhere but eat, sleep, watch TV and use the Business Centre computers. There is a business complex nearby which boasts a shopping mall but to get to it is not so easy - even the taxi drivers have difficulty with the complex highway system.
My hotel room was extremely comfortable with a 42" TV and an empty refrigerator - snacks and drinks (including water) need to be purchased from the snack refrigerators adjacent reception or purchased at the bar. Rooms contain an ergonomic chair but the desk is quite small.
The restaurant serves an average breakfast and lunch, and dinner is from a menu. The bar is open all day and there is an outside area for summer months and an indoor pool and gymnasium.
The business centre has two computers and one printer that are in high demand so a personal laptop with wifi is recommended.
This was a luxurious stopover but unless you want to spend hours watching TV, sleeping or drinking then I would opt to travel the extra 20 mins down the highway to the city.

Room Tip: Rooms above 5th floor at the front of the building have an amazing view of the Andes.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Tili_9
Washington DC
Reviewed July 22, 2011

The hotel website promised airport pickup service. We waited at SCL airport for over an hour and no one come to pick us up. When we paid for a taxi $22USD for a 1 1/2 mile ride from the airport we found the airport van personnel outside socializing. We complained to the manager..... but she refused to compensate us saying the pick-up service went to the airport every hour on the hour. At the airport we were told the service was every 20-30 minutes. Once at the hotel we had to lug our own luggage to our room as no one offered to assist. We found the pool closed and we were quoted higher prices for the room service then what was on the room service menu (which I had to pick up at the front desk as I was told they did not have all the menus printed.) We stayed at this hotel because it was close to the airport. In the end we found it a poor value and way overpriced. My suggestion for travelers to Santiago is to stay in the city and avoid the two overpriced hotels near the airport.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel and stay in town at a hotel with better customer service
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business