“Pathetic administration!”

Undurraga Winery Half-Day Tour from Santiago
Ranked #20 of 294 Tours in Santiago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We greatly appreciate that you are considering Turistik to discover the wonderful city of Santiago and its surroundings. Our objective is to provide memorable experiences through reliable, high quality and safe multicultural services which show the attractions of an area which has a lot to offer. Our services are:- Different kind of City Tours in Santiago.- Winery tours (Concha y Toro; Undurraga; more).- Tour to Viña del Mar, Isla Negra and Valparaíso.- Wine Route Tours; Mountain Tours.- Other destinations tours.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I booked for a Turistik tour online and the bus never came to get me. I cannot really comment on the level of service on the actual tour but it is terribly unprofessional and inconvenient when you have planned to go on a tour and then they just miss you on their list. I could not get hold of their call centre and when I eventually did, they did not seem particularly apologetic. Apparently it was "an issue with the bus" - but the same said bus did fetch other passengers that morning according to hotel staff. They offered to do a refund so I am hoping that there are no problems with this. At the very least, they could have offered to do a private tour due to the inconvenience. Based on the poor administration, I would not even consider using this company again.

3  Thank odiecanobie
There are newer reviews for Turistik

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We booked the Valpiriso-Vina del Mar day trip with a winery tour. The tour picked us up at our hotel ontime, we then rode to the meeting location where we waited 20 minutes for the rest of the group and tour guide to arrive. The tour was a food size, about 15 people. The guide was knowledgeable and tour was very good. The winery tour at Emiliana was nice, great property and tour, wine was not great. The tour through Vina Del Mar was fun with a quick stop to see a Moai from Easter Island. The highlight of the trip was the walk and tour through Valpariso. The tour was a great way to see the areas on a limited amout of time, we went directly to see the highlights. I would recommend this day trip over trying to catch the bus and find all the locations on your own.
Con- we were told lunch was not included in the tour price which makes one assume that you would have an option and choice for lunch. In fact, we went to an organized lunch location that was secluded and the "recommended" lunch location. We did not have any other options but to stay,eat with the group and then pay the high prices. They should have charged more for the tour and included lunch.

On the return, we were to meet another driver to take the group to various parts of the city- we had to wait 40 minutes. Very poor coordination however the guide apologized profusely.

1  Thank EEBeardsley
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Ever notice in Latin and South America that directions given by anyone are frustratingly vague? Well, if you are not at a hotel in Santiago (we stayed at a VRBO apartment in Providencia) you may not find the Turistik kiosk in the Parque Arauco mall by asking anyone if they know where it is. Just so you know, it's INSIDE on the first level right next to the "up" escalator. We reserved online for the city tour on 12/23. But you can reserve at the kiosk or the OUTSIDE location in the parking lot. Look for the Nike store on the second level and walk out into the parking lot. Look to your left, there they are. Not much English spoken but you can manage. The City tour was conducted by Damien who had decent English. The tour does not take you INTO any landmarks except for a brisk walk through the cathedral at Plaza de Armas and the very fishy smelling Central Market. Damien also walked too fast for us and a lot of his commentary was lost in the crowd. If you want a very high level overview of Santiago,this tour is ok. At least we didn't get locked out of tours given by Grayline who requires a 72 hour advance notice.

2  Thank Kathy0619
Reviewed December 15, 2012

THEY NEVER SHOWED, BUT STILL CHARGED ME. I booked a day trip with a hotel pick up. They never showed. When the hotel called them at first they claimed they stopped by, but I was not there. The hotel confirmed that I was in fact there more than 30 minutes before the pick up time and 1 hour after and no one came to pick me up. They apologized and offered a trip for the following day. Then next day the same thing. They "forgot" to pick me up again.

I was told I would not be charged, but yesterday when my credit card bill arrived, there it was. A charge for a trip I never took. Save you money and time. Two mornings wasted on trips I never took and a 90€ charge for my efforts.

2  Thank J P
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Myself & my husband just returned from a 4 week vacation in South America. The last week we spent in Santiago, Chile & we took advantage of this hop-on-hop-off bus tour of the City. It was well worth the $40 per person as it showed you all the highlights of the City & gave you an idea as to where everything was located. You can stay on the bus for the full 2 hour tour & then hop-on-hop-off at your leisure. I would highly recommend it for anybody traveling to Santiago!