Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$46
eDreams$46
Agoda.com$46
StayForLong
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 2, 2016 via mobile

The positives:
- well located!
- the hotel is nicely decorated. The doubles and their bathroom are clean and comfortable.
- great value for money, I haven't found better for a private double in this area of Santiago.
- the hotel is in a busy road but the building where the double bedrooms are is in the back, so relatively quiet (hard to hear no noise at all in a capital city).
- there is a space near reception where you can leave you luggage.
- there is a supermarket next door.

The negatives:
- the breakfast can be improved: it is quite complete but filled with cheap / poor quality ingredients, like the juice made out from powder... we ended up buying our own things to complete it.
- the ground floor bedroom has no privacy at all. Ask for first floor (in chile they say 2nd floor as they count ground as first) or second floor (3rd in chile). The 3rd floor (that is also the last floor) is great as it has more privacy and natural light, but only if you don't have a lot of luggage as there is no lift, only stairs.
- two of the receptionists are really rude: the lady from day shift told me that if I didn't like the hotel I could go somewhere else (I was telling her that when I made the booking I had asked for the first floor bedroom as I am pregnant, and asking why they didn't take it into consideration) and then later the men from evening shift told me to always take my key because I was bothering him when ringing at front door (it was only 9pm and we had been given only one key for two people)...

All in all it has been a great place to stay in Santiago, and after a few days the lady at reception softened a bit and has gave us some useful tips.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anna R
Reviewed September 10, 2016

Bella hostal was my home base for 3+ months during a recent trip to south america and I highly recommend it. The owner is passionate, welcoming and very helpful. The installations are well above average and the location is excellent.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 28, 2016

The staff here were excellent especially Katie, who spoke great English and was really helpful organising tours, taxis and suggesting where to eat. It is in a great location, walking distance to the city and local restaurants and bars. The rooms are cold and on the small side especially for two but they are clean.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2016

It's very sweet hostel with cosy beds and enough space for your bags. I especially liked the showers, clean and nice looking. Great location. Good wife connection. Stuff on reception (and cleaning lady that also prepare rich breakfast in the morning) where extra friendly and nice. They provide you all informations you need on perfectly good English. I tried to remember their names so I think it was Katy, Josef and Carlos - good work guys!

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2016 via mobile

We had the nicest stay at hostal Bella. The staff and warm, inviting and SO helpful. Location could not be better - so close to the best restaurants. The hostel itself is more like a well designed hotel. The bathrooms are gorgeous - The beds have down comforters and nice pillows. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: February 2016