“A nearly perfect stay”

Ranked #29 of 196 Hotels in Santiago
San Diego, California
“A nearly perfect stay”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We had the opportunity to have 4 or 5 days in Santiago and were lucky enough to be put up at the Noi hotel.
When we arrived, our key packets were supposed to be ready for us. After a long flight and travel into the city (7000 miles or so), it is nice to be able to get up to your room and get a nice, hot shower in. Sadly, one of our representatives had picked up our keys and taken them to our leader at the airport. For some unknown reason, he was in a different car behind us. By about 10 minutes. Alas, he arrives and all is happy! (None of this is the hotel's fault)
The hotel staff were very accommodating and greeted us warmly. As it was still fairly early in the morning, they invited us down to breakfast to get our grub on. We ate breakfast every day before going to work and were glad that we did. The hotel staff running the restaurant couldn't have been nicer. I was greeted each day with a big huge smile and a warm welcome. It was almost as if my dog had cloned himself into the server's personality. I can't say enough good things about how great everyone working in the hotel was.
The rooms are fairly large and open. Nice wood floors add to the beauty of the room. Very comfortable and efficient.
The bed was super comfortable with great linens and a huge selection of pillows. No complaints here.
The climate control in the room was perfect. Whichever temperature you set it at, it got to that point within 5-10 minutes. It was also nice to be able to open the window and get some fresh air into the room.
The bathroom was super great. A huge bathtub which was great for soaking my old bones. A separate shower with 2 different heads gave me great water pressure to wash my hair.
The only downside was that I had an outside room right onto a fairly busy street. I am going to deem Santiago the "car alarm capital of the world". I would have to say that I easily heard 35 car alarms go off during our stay. As I write this, I have heard 3. Maybe it is the same clown doing it over and over. I can only hope. It gets old after awhile.
My other minor problem was just a communication issue. I called down for a 10:15 AM wake up call in order to take advantage of breakfast. Sadly, it came at 6:15 AM. Boo.
The internet was mediocre. It was fairly constant but never really attained a super fast pace until it got very late into the night. Super serviceable.
All in all, a great stay. Just having the staff be so gracious and great makes for a fabulous stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Noi H, Gerente at Noi Vitacura, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Jon
We thank you for sharing your experience at Noi Vitacura with other travelers through TripAdvisor
We are glad that you had a pleasant stay and that you were able to enjoy the comfort of our rooms. During your next visit we recommend you visit Portofino Book Lounge and Tramonto Bar & Terrace, this last one is located on the top floor where you can enjoy and excellent view of the city, plus in 2012 it was chosen as one of the “14 best hotel rooftops with incredible views” by Condé Nast Traveller magazine. We also recommend you try one of our therapies at Noi Spa.
Regarding the specific situations you mention, we will forward this information to our operations team so we can work on it immediately.
It is a pleasure to know that the service you received was exceptional and we will pass along your comments to the whole team. This warmth and good service is a trait that is present in all of the hotels belonging to the NOI group, you can see this for yourself by visiting us at the outstanding destinations where we are located: Casa Atacama in the Atacama Desert, Puma Lodge in the Andes Mountains, Indigo in Patagonia, Crusoe Island Lodge in the Juan Fernandez Archipelago and Hare Noi in Easter Island.
We will be waiting for your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Korean first
Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Rooftop bar serving great food, glorious views of snow-capped mountains, great staff, several lovely restaurants and huge comfortable rooms. GREAT value. Super location for restaurants, bars, and shopping.

Room Tip: Open atrium-style hotel so noise can travel from hotel bars, etc. Ask at check-in for a quieter room...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Based in a very smart and seemingly safe area of the city and with easy access to the airport. Noi vitacura is well laid out, beautifully decorated, great facilities, fast internet and super staff.

Great after a long flight and the spa and gym are an excellent antidote to the fatigues of travelling for work. Also need to mention breakfast as was spot on and has everything to get you going. Definitely will be back.

Fyi - ate in a nearby peruvian japanese place called Tanaka... Well worth a try and bloody lovely pisco sours...

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Garyok
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Noi is located in a very nice area in Santiago, at walking distance from nice restaurants. I highly recommend Mestizo just a few blocks away.
The hotel has a gorgeous spa, with decent prices and different type of services.
I had great night sleep, it was very centric but very quiet. The bar at 9th floor has an amazing view to the city. I had a wonderful time at the bookstore bar on the first floor, very cozy bar with great food and a fireplace. The staff was amazing as well.Originally I felt the hotel was a little pricey, but when I checked out I felt I got what I paid for. I recommend the hotel and I would stay there again.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The Noi is a truly beautiful hotel, inside and out. The beds were so comfortable and the room spacious. There is a 9th floor outside bar that is kept warm in the winter months by table fire places...so lovely and cozy. The location is special as well, in one of the high end neighborhoods in Santiago.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 11, 2013

.Sorry for the others comment, but my experience was great. Even the hotel opens no longer ago.
My job give me the opportunity to travel and this hotel is one of the good ones, great location very pleasant hotel, and excellent food, the music is beautiful perfect for each ambience.
just one suggestion if a big group is leaving have more people at the front desk for check out, I am very organize and normally one hour before leave the hotel I do request my check out but even those it was little stressful

Mexico City
Reviewed August 3, 2013

There are a lot of pluses of this hotel which in general I liked, but there are negatives too. Great location if spending a weekend or free time in Santiago, the neighborhood has lots of shopping and restaurants. Beautiful facility with great design.

When I arrived, there were two cars parked in front of the hotel, which does not have a motor entry, but is far from the curb. My taxi pulled up behind them, no doorman in sight, driver helped me take my two suitcases out of taxi and I carried them over a patch of grass and to the bridge leading to hotel, when I was nearly at the door, two doormen pop out and offer to help and I decline since I already did the hard part. It was 7:30 pm. Front desk is one of those where you sit and I see two receptionists and sit at the chair of the receptionist who is not busy. Oops, he is the bellboy helping the receptionist answer the phone. Bellboy asked me if I had a reservation and told me to have my passport and credit card ready. Then I moved chairs to the sole receptionist on duty and he checked me in efficiently and assigned me to room 502. Nice enough room, hard to figure out how to turn on lights but bellboy showed me, room really could use a bigger light for when more than mood is desired. Sink is in the foyer and toilet, huge bathtub and one of those rain showers in separate room.

TV remote batteries nearly dead but I was able to turn on TV and change channels with effort if I was only a few centimeters away from the TV. I used the ethernet connection, rather than try the wi fI (my company VPN makes it challenging so ethernet is always easier). Worked well with password that front desk gave to me without me asking. I shut curtains using the electronic movement of the curtains which run the length of the room but they stick open in the middle and I pull them go close all the way.

I ordered room service and it was very good, delivery guy was very friendly and nice.
At 9:30 pm, housekeeping knocked for turndown and I declined. I was working and watching TV and happy. Good bed, comfortable.

Noisy though, I could hear when other rooms took showers, ran water, etc. That actually woke me up a few times and finally led me to get out of bed in the morning (I had a luxuriously late start to my day and set a late alarm but got up at 6:40 am anyway.)

Breakfast in the restaurant on level -1 was nice enough, zen like space, nice service.

Bedroom sink stopped up and could have overflowed so I shaved and brushed my teeth in shifts. Worse was bathroom rain shower, as I was worried, it flooded toilet area too but hotel gives lots of towels so I laid them down So much for hotel effort to be environmental. One towel to dry myself and two on the floor. That is the problem with these boutique hotels - lots of style, but not always practical.

I would not mind coming back and like the hotel (and am writing from my room right now), but was debating between three and four stars on the hotel. I gave it four as the architect, not the hotel manager, gets the minus for his impractical design features. Hotel does a good job despite it all, but also needs to sharpen the doormen.

Noi H, Gerente at Noi Vitacura, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Happy_on_the_road

We thank you for taking the time to share your experience through TripAdvisor. As you point out, the hotel has a privileged location with access to distinguished boutiques in the area as well as gourmet restaurants
We regret the inconvenience you had during your stay at Noi Vitacura, situations like this are an exception and we will make certain it will not happen again. We will make sure to pass along your comments to the maintenance team as well as the Valet Parking service so the details you mentioned can be solved.
We hope you visit us once again in Noi Vitacura as well as the other properties belonging to the Noi Group, all of them located in outstanding destinations: Casa Atacama in the Atacama Desert, Puma Lodge in the Andes Mountains, Crusoe Island Lodge in the Juan Fernandez archipelago, Hare Noi in Easter Island and Indigo in Patagonia.

Best regards