“Wonderful hotel”

Ranked #30 of 200 Hotels in Santiago
Panama City, Panama
“Wonderful hotel”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Noi is located in a very nice area in Santiago, at walking distance from nice restaurants. I highly recommend Mestizo just a few blocks away.
The hotel has a gorgeous spa, with decent prices and different type of services.
I had great night sleep, it was very centric but very quiet. The bar at 9th floor has an amazing view to the city. I had a wonderful time at the bookstore bar on the first floor, very cozy bar with great food and a fireplace. The staff was amazing as well.Originally I felt the hotel was a little pricey, but when I checked out I felt I got what I paid for. I recommend the hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The Noi is a truly beautiful hotel, inside and out. The beds were so comfortable and the room spacious. There is a 9th floor outside bar that is kept warm in the winter months by table fire places...so lovely and cozy. The location is special as well, in one of the high end neighborhoods in Santiago.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 11, 2013

.Sorry for the others comment, but my experience was great. Even the hotel opens no longer ago.
My job give me the opportunity to travel and this hotel is one of the good ones, great location very pleasant hotel, and excellent food, the music is beautiful perfect for each ambience.
just one suggestion if a big group is leaving have more people at the front desk for check out, I am very organize and normally one hour before leave the hotel I do request my check out but even those it was little stressful

Mexico City
Reviewed August 3, 2013

There are a lot of pluses of this hotel which in general I liked, but there are negatives too. Great location if spending a weekend or free time in Santiago, the neighborhood has lots of shopping and restaurants. Beautiful facility with great design.

When I arrived, there were two cars parked in front of the hotel, which does not have a motor entry, but is far from the curb. My taxi pulled up behind them, no doorman in sight, driver helped me take my two suitcases out of taxi and I carried them over a patch of grass and to the bridge leading to hotel, when I was nearly at the door, two doormen pop out and offer to help and I decline since I already did the hard part. It was 7:30 pm. Front desk is one of those where you sit and I see two receptionists and sit at the chair of the receptionist who is not busy. Oops, he is the bellboy helping the receptionist answer the phone. Bellboy asked me if I had a reservation and told me to have my passport and credit card ready. Then I moved chairs to the sole receptionist on duty and he checked me in efficiently and assigned me to room 502. Nice enough room, hard to figure out how to turn on lights but bellboy showed me, room really could use a bigger light for when more than mood is desired. Sink is in the foyer and toilet, huge bathtub and one of those rain showers in separate room.

TV remote batteries nearly dead but I was able to turn on TV and change channels with effort if I was only a few centimeters away from the TV. I used the ethernet connection, rather than try the wi fI (my company VPN makes it challenging so ethernet is always easier). Worked well with password that front desk gave to me without me asking. I shut curtains using the electronic movement of the curtains which run the length of the room but they stick open in the middle and I pull them go close all the way.

I ordered room service and it was very good, delivery guy was very friendly and nice.
At 9:30 pm, housekeeping knocked for turndown and I declined. I was working and watching TV and happy. Good bed, comfortable.

Noisy though, I could hear when other rooms took showers, ran water, etc. That actually woke me up a few times and finally led me to get out of bed in the morning (I had a luxuriously late start to my day and set a late alarm but got up at 6:40 am anyway.)

Breakfast in the restaurant on level -1 was nice enough, zen like space, nice service.

Bedroom sink stopped up and could have overflowed so I shaved and brushed my teeth in shifts. Worse was bathroom rain shower, as I was worried, it flooded toilet area too but hotel gives lots of towels so I laid them down So much for hotel effort to be environmental. One towel to dry myself and two on the floor. That is the problem with these boutique hotels - lots of style, but not always practical.

I would not mind coming back and like the hotel (and am writing from my room right now), but was debating between three and four stars on the hotel. I gave it four as the architect, not the hotel manager, gets the minus for his impractical design features. Hotel does a good job despite it all, but also needs to sharpen the doormen.

Noi H, Gerente at Noi Vitacura, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Happy_on_the_road

We thank you for taking the time to share your experience through TripAdvisor. As you point out, the hotel has a privileged location with access to distinguished boutiques in the area as well as gourmet restaurants
We regret the inconvenience you had during your stay at Noi Vitacura, situations like this are an exception and we will make certain it will not happen again. We will make sure to pass along your comments to the maintenance team as well as the Valet Parking service so the details you mentioned can be solved.
We hope you visit us once again in Noi Vitacura as well as the other properties belonging to the Noi Group, all of them located in outstanding destinations: Casa Atacama in the Atacama Desert, Puma Lodge in the Andes Mountains, Crusoe Island Lodge in the Juan Fernandez archipelago, Hare Noi in Easter Island and Indigo in Patagonia.

Best regards
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed July 8, 2013

NOI isn’t a bad hotel but clearly falls short of fulfilling the expectations they let us have through their marketing, web site and the building’s great architecture.

I invited my wife to spend a week-end together. We had a great time but the hotel experience could have been amazing and unforgettable … it wasn’t.

NOI offers an amazing infrastructure and a great décor, but we could hear the water going through the pipes in the room next door.

The heat control wasn’t friendly and we couldn’t get the right room temperature without external help.

They have a marvelous SPA (pool, sauna, massage, etc.) but they only offer canned fruit juices. When we asked for a bag to get our clothes so we could go back in our bathrobes to our room, the procedure was cumbersome.

The worse experience: on Saturday morning, at 8:45am we were woken-up by persistent hammering going on a higher floor. It took us three calls to reception before they were able to stop the noise by 9:30.

While attempting to stop the morning hammering on my third call I asked to talk to the hotel manager; the receptionist told me that on Saturdays he gets there by 9:30!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nautilos_55
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Arrived in the afternoon for a overnight relaxing stay. After checking in we realized room keys were not working. After receiving new room keys we could not stay even 30 seconds inside the room. The smell was like entering a deep frying kitchen. We went back for a second time to the front desk. We were assigned another room this time better than the first one but still with a kitchen smell. Restaurant NOI had an average author cuisine. We had a hard night with the screaming fan heating our room and opening from time to time the heaviest window I have ever opened to let the city air replace the kitchen smell. When it was time to wake up we took good buffet breakfast with good service. Well it was time then to have a relaxing time at the SPA. Surprise!! There were no available massage personnel and we were required to buy a special cap before entering the pool. There were no bathrobes available for hotel guest at the spa. We decided to leave early without taking advantage of the late check out. Well you could get a morning nap!!??

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank CrLyon
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

The spa is amazing. Beautiful and very good. The oil Massage was sensational!!!
There is an indoor swimming pool in the spa and it is wonderful.

Rooms are big and comfortable.

Breakfast was good but it is not a diferencial. Eggs, bacon, sausage, some fruits, cheese ... Good!! Around Usd 24 but people very sympathetic.

The hotel is located in a lovely area, near by several galleries, fancy stores (Armani, Zegna, ..,) but there is no subway near and in the rush hour, if you are in downtown is a nightmare to arrive due to the traffic jam. The access is not so easy and you will spend some time to arrive there.

It is near by Costaneira Center Area and Las Condes area.

I do not recommend to use the hotel taxi service. It was very expensive.

But I really recommend the bar in the last floor for an evening drink or a night drink. Service, food and view was fabulous.

If you are looking for a place to rest, spa, and you don't care to take taxi to downtown, the hotel is very good.

• Stayed May 2013