“Lots of style but not always practical”
Review of Noi Vitacura

Noi Vitacura
Ranked #31 of 202 Hotels in Santiago
Reviewed August 3, 2013

There are a lot of pluses of this hotel which in general I liked, but there are negatives too. Great location if spending a weekend or free time in Santiago, the neighborhood has lots of shopping and restaurants. Beautiful facility with great design.

When I arrived, there were two cars parked in front of the hotel, which does not have a motor entry, but is far from the curb. My taxi pulled up behind them, no doorman in sight, driver helped me take my two suitcases out of taxi and I carried them over a patch of grass and to the bridge leading to hotel, when I was nearly at the door, two doormen pop out and offer to help and I decline since I already did the hard part. It was 7:30 pm. Front desk is one of those where you sit and I see two receptionists and sit at the chair of the receptionist who is not busy. Oops, he is the bellboy helping the receptionist answer the phone. Bellboy asked me if I had a reservation and told me to have my passport and credit card ready. Then I moved chairs to the sole receptionist on duty and he checked me in efficiently and assigned me to room 502. Nice enough room, hard to figure out how to turn on lights but bellboy showed me, room really could use a bigger light for when more than mood is desired. Sink is in the foyer and toilet, huge bathtub and one of those rain showers in separate room.

TV remote batteries nearly dead but I was able to turn on TV and change channels with effort if I was only a few centimeters away from the TV. I used the ethernet connection, rather than try the wi fI (my company VPN makes it challenging so ethernet is always easier). Worked well with password that front desk gave to me without me asking. I shut curtains using the electronic movement of the curtains which run the length of the room but they stick open in the middle and I pull them go close all the way.

I ordered room service and it was very good, delivery guy was very friendly and nice.
At 9:30 pm, housekeeping knocked for turndown and I declined. I was working and watching TV and happy. Good bed, comfortable.

Noisy though, I could hear when other rooms took showers, ran water, etc. That actually woke me up a few times and finally led me to get out of bed in the morning (I had a luxuriously late start to my day and set a late alarm but got up at 6:40 am anyway.)

Breakfast in the restaurant on level -1 was nice enough, zen like space, nice service.

Bedroom sink stopped up and could have overflowed so I shaved and brushed my teeth in shifts. Worse was bathroom rain shower, as I was worried, it flooded toilet area too but hotel gives lots of towels so I laid them down So much for hotel effort to be environmental. One towel to dry myself and two on the floor. That is the problem with these boutique hotels - lots of style, but not always practical.

I would not mind coming back and like the hotel (and am writing from my room right now), but was debating between three and four stars on the hotel. I gave it four as the architect, not the hotel manager, gets the minus for his impractical design features. Hotel does a good job despite it all, but also needs to sharpen the doormen.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Noi H, Gerente at Noi Vitacura, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Happy_on_the_road

We thank you for taking the time to share your experience through TripAdvisor. As you point out, the hotel has a privileged location with access to distinguished boutiques in the area as well as gourmet restaurants
We regret the inconvenience you had during your stay at Noi Vitacura, situations like this are an exception and we will make certain it will not happen again. We will make sure to pass along your comments to the maintenance team as well as the Valet Parking service so the details you mentioned can be solved.
We hope you visit us once again in Noi Vitacura as well as the other properties belonging to the Noi Group, all of them located in outstanding destinations: Casa Atacama in the Atacama Desert, Puma Lodge in the Andes Mountains, Crusoe Island Lodge in the Juan Fernandez archipelago, Hare Noi in Easter Island and Indigo in Patagonia.

Best regards

Reviewed July 8, 2013

NOI isn’t a bad hotel but clearly falls short of fulfilling the expectations they let us have through their marketing, web site and the building’s great architecture.

I invited my wife to spend a week-end together. We had a great time but the hotel experience could have been amazing and unforgettable … it wasn’t.

NOI offers an amazing infrastructure and a great décor, but we could hear the water going through the pipes in the room next door.

The heat control wasn’t friendly and we couldn’t get the right room temperature without external help.

They have a marvelous SPA (pool, sauna, massage, etc.) but they only offer canned fruit juices. When we asked for a bag to get our clothes so we could go back in our bathrobes to our room, the procedure was cumbersome.

The worse experience: on Saturday morning, at 8:45am we were woken-up by persistent hammering going on a higher floor. It took us three calls to reception before they were able to stop the noise by 9:30.

While attempting to stop the morning hammering on my third call I asked to talk to the hotel manager; the receptionist told me that on Saturdays he gets there by 9:30!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nautilos_55
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Arrived in the afternoon for a overnight relaxing stay. After checking in we realized room keys were not working. After receiving new room keys we could not stay even 30 seconds inside the room. The smell was like entering a deep frying kitchen. We went back for a second time to the front desk. We were assigned another room this time better than the first one but still with a kitchen smell. Restaurant NOI had an average author cuisine. We had a hard night with the screaming fan heating our room and opening from time to time the heaviest window I have ever opened to let the city air replace the kitchen smell. When it was time to wake up we took good buffet breakfast with good service. Well it was time then to have a relaxing time at the SPA. Surprise!! There were no available massage personnel and we were required to buy a special cap before entering the pool. There were no bathrobes available for hotel guest at the spa. We decided to leave early without taking advantage of the late check out. Well you could get a morning nap!!??

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank CrLyon
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

The spa is amazing. Beautiful and very good. The oil Massage was sensational!!!
There is an indoor swimming pool in the spa and it is wonderful.

Rooms are big and comfortable.

Breakfast was good but it is not a diferencial. Eggs, bacon, sausage, some fruits, cheese ... Good!! Around Usd 24 but people very sympathetic.

The hotel is located in a lovely area, near by several galleries, fancy stores (Armani, Zegna, ..,) but there is no subway near and in the rush hour, if you are in downtown is a nightmare to arrive due to the traffic jam. The access is not so easy and you will spend some time to arrive there.

It is near by Costaneira Center Area and Las Condes area.

I do not recommend to use the hotel taxi service. It was very expensive.

But I really recommend the bar in the last floor for an evening drink or a night drink. Service, food and view was fabulous.

If you are looking for a place to rest, spa, and you don't care to take taxi to downtown, the hotel is very good.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Marcelo V
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stay 3 nights at Noi Vitacura ,on April 2013. The location is Excellent,can't complain the room,breakfast is also Excellent. Just being hold waiting in lobby for nothing(check in time is 3 pm),finally got the keys at 10 am with a fee USD 200/room for all three rooms..
You feel like being ripped off when you got home, with a zero tolerance from front desk.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Rudy A
NoiHotels1, Gerente at Noi Vitacura, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Rudy

We thank you for sharing your experience at Noi Vitacura with other travelers through TripAdvisor.
As you point out, the hotel is located in an excellent location, in the Alonso de Cordova neighborhood, surrounded by restaurants and high end boutiques. It is steps away from the Bicentennial Park and, from here, you can easily access the rest of the city.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay, the comfort of the rooms, the outlets and that your tried the exquisite cuisine of Portofino Book Lounge, Piegari and Tramonto Bar & Terrace. The latter is located on the top floor of the hotel and has and incredible panoramic view of the city, it is because of this that in 2012 the prestigious travel magazine Condé Nast Traveller chose it as one of the “14 best rooftop hotels with incredible view”.
About the specific situation regarding your check in, what happened was that your reservation was not requested beforehand as early check in so you could have immediate access to the rooms at your early arrival considering our check in time is at 3:00pm. To help you we offered you a complimentary breakfast so you could wait at Noi Restaurant and finally your room key was handed to you at 10:00am, we hope that with this we were able to work out the situation in the best possible way.
Regarding the quality of our staffs service, this is a distinctive characteristic throughout all the hotels of the Noi Group. You can see this by visiting them at our outstanding destinations: Casa Atacama in the Atacama Desert, Puma Lodge in the middle of the Andes Mountains, Indigo in Patagonia, Crusoe Island Lodge in the Juan Fernandez archipelago and Hare Noi in the magical Easter Island. We hope you visit us again!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Noi Vitacura has an amazing location, very central, and near one of the nicest parks in the city. Rooms are excellent, staff is very nice and helpful going out of their way to assist and make you feel comfortable, and the facilities are well kept, well designed and high quality.
Lobby bar is cozy and comfortable, close to perfection.
Rooftop bar is awesome, and the Piegari's restaurant is also a high point. Internet is excellent and free.
Areas of improvement:
- A/C does not work well, and it seems to be a recurrent issue.
- Check out is very long and complicated event if you have absolutely nothing to pay.
- Room service menu is very limited and poor value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors, side rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Roma:

As you point out the hotel has an excellent location in the exclusive neighborhood of Alonso de Cordova, surrounded by restaurants and high end boutiques, it is steps away from Bicentennial Park and has easy access to different parts of the city.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, the comfort of the rooms and the outlets along with trying the delicious cuisine of Portofino Book Lounge, Piegari and Tramonto Bar & Terrace. The latter is located on the top floor of the hotel and has and incredible panoramic view of the city, it is because of this that in 2012 the prestigious travel magazine Condé Nast Traveller chose it as one of the “14 best rooftop hotels with incredible view”. On your next visit we recommend that you try the cuisine of Noi Restaurant and that you give yourself a treat with the exclusive therapies at Noi Spa. We are checking the points your mentioned and they are specific situations that have already been managed. We also have a new menu that we encourage you to try on your next stay.

We hope you visit us again

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I spent three nights at this hotel at the beginning of my trip to Chile. As an elderly woman travelling alone I found the Noi Vitacura the ideal place. I felt safe walking by myself in the upscale neighbourhood where it is located. i had excellent meals in both restaurant, and my
room was very quiet and comfortable. The concierge and the staff were all pleasant, helpful and always smiling. This is where I'll stay on my next trip to Santiago.
Josette Arassus

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
NoiHotels1, Gerente at Noi Vitacura, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Josette:
As you point out, the hotel is located in an excellent neighborhood (Alonso de Cordova), one of the most exclusive places of Santiago, and is surrounded by restaurants and high end stores. From here you have easy access downtown, to the main city attractions and to the airport by car.
We are glad you had a pleasant stay, and that you were able to enjoy the comfort of the rooms as well as the exquisite cuisine in our restaurants. For your next visit we recommend that besides dining in Noi Restaurant and Piegari you also visit Portofino Book Lounge and Tramonto Bar & Terrace. The latter is on the top floor, where you can enjoy an exclent panoramic view of the city, besides, in 2012 it was chosen as one of the “14 best rooftop hotel with incredible views” by the prestigious Condé Nast Traveller magazine.
We also recommend you relax and enjoy the exclusive treatments at Noi Spa.
We will pass on your comments to the Concierge and to the rest of the team. The warmth and service are distinctive seals of all the hotels belonging to the Noi Hotels. Chain. You can check this out by visiting them at the outstanding destinations were they are located: Casa Atacama in the Atacama in the Atacama desert, Puma Lodge in the middle of the Andes., Indigo in Patagonia, Crusoe Island Loge in the Juan Fernandez archipelago and Hare Noi in Easter Island.
Come visit us soon.