“One of the BEST Peruvian restaurants in the country!”
Review of Barandiaran

Cuisines: Chilean
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Providencia
Reviewed January 22, 2018

Excellent Peruvian restaurant, you absolutely MUST try the Catedral Pisco Sour drinks (Big sized, not for the faint of heart). The food is extremely well presented and elicious. Not expensive at all, great service all around.

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed December 8, 2017

The pisco sours were excellent, and quite potent! Loved the ceviche and the tuna tartare. Friendly service. WIFI doesn't reach to the outside tables.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

Nice and quiet. Delicious food and charming personnel. Nobody speaks English but they have English translation in menu :)))

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

Oysters for appetizer were delicious. Our table had mostly fish dishes and all were excellent. We also had dessert, a rarity but we were having such a nice time on the sidewalk that we didn't want to leave! The traditional Peru desserts were fabulous as was the cappuccino! We really enjoyed the musical entertainment that strolled by. All in all - one of the best meals in Santiago - and there were many delicious ones. Definitely recommend.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed July 13, 2017

This restaurant was virtually empty when I arrived around 7pm, yet the wait staff completely ignored me. I actually stood waiting in the entrance for over 5 minutes, while the staff passed me by, serving the two occupied tables, treating me as if I was invisible. I was just about to leave, when the hostess finally appeared and actually asked "what do you want?" "A table for one" I replied, to which she showed me to a spot where there was no light and I couldn't read the menu, so I just reseated myself. The food was actually good. The pasta with veggies and steak was in fact excellent and the desserts very tempting, so the experience improved until I waited and waited and waited for the bill, failing completely to get anyone's attention. They added service automatically, which otherwise I would not have paid. Good food. Poor service and attitude.

Date of visit: July 2017