“Johnney the Scott is e best guide ever!”

Free Walking Tour of Santiago
Ranked #1 of 294 Tours in Santiago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: TourDesk is an online travel agency focused on promoting and selling great quality tour and activities. Our tours are organized in small groups so the tourists can enjoy a personalized service from their guides and drivers, who are also focused on providing memorable experiences. We work closely with small boutique operators whose sole goal is to always improve and create unique experiences
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Johnney lives up to his reputation! Te best guide ever! Fancy a Scott in Chile! Very knowledgable, our tour was fantastic, very relaxed and professional. Cannot recommend this type of tour more highly.

There are newer reviews for Free Walking Tour of Santiago

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Took the may 3, 2013 with Johnny.
The tour is a great intro to Santiago, and Johnny was informative, and courteous. I would recommend it!
What I liked less, was a 1h stop at a cafe/resto and a greatest one. This should have been left to Bella Vista, at the end of the tour
Also, you don't get to actually see most of the attractions, but just about their whereabouts, so you must take another time to explore them, and thirdly, most explanations were done in places where one cannot sit down.
The tour costs between $10-$15 per head, and worth it
I recommend it

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Our tour guide Franco was highly informative. Whilst we didn't cover a huge distance, I felt I got to know the city and Chile's history much better. Would highly recommend...in fact I have already!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I'd highly recommend starting your visit to Santiago with this free tour. Our guide Felipe was really friendly and told great stories about the buildings and the history of Chile as we wandered through the centre of town. It also gave a sense of where everything was so you could go back and visit what you wanted to explore more.

1  Thank JedGilbert
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We went a walking tour in Santiago around the beginning of September 2012 - it has taken me way too long to get around to writing up my review.

Having taken far too many dull, pre-recorded tour buses. we decided to sign up for a 3 and a half hour leisurely walk around Santiago. Our tour guide, Franco, was great. He was interested and interesting. He lots of great stories to help bring Santiago to life, from the nuts4nuts guy to the happy minute in the coffee with legs shops, mixed in with information on the Pinochet regime, earthquakes, and pablo neruda.

I couldn't recommend the walking tour highly enough. In any case stay away from those big red/yellow buses - Santiago is a city you can walk around, so take advantage of that fact, and don't forget to tip the guide if you are happy with the tour.