“Excellent introduction to Santiago” 5 of 5 bubbles

Free Walking Tour of Santiago
Ranked #1 of 265 Tours in Santiago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: TourDesk is an online travel agency focused on promoting and selling great quality tour and activities. Our tours are organized in small groups so the tourists can enjoy a personalized service from their guides and drivers, who are also focused on providing memorable experiences. We work closely with small boutique operators whose sole goal is to always improve and create unique experiences
Newport, RI
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Excellent introduction to Santiago”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is such a great tour to do to get a feel for the real Santiago. Our guide, Felipe, was full of information. He also was extremely friendly and funny...keeping our interest which isn't always easy to do when talking history, politics, etc. I was traveling solo so this was a great way to meet other like-minded travelers. We had a really nice group and a bunch of us went out together that evening. So I was able to learn a lot about Santiago and get a feel for the neighborhoods while making new friends.

This is the best deal going.

2 Thank Sue G

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great walking tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I did this tour on my first day in Santiago and I am so glad I did - it enabled me to get a feel for the city and the things that I still wanted to see or do again!

My tour guide (Antonio I think?) was great - very knowledgable and answered questions very well. Got to see some of the lovely history and buildings in Santiago and with the background it was great to learn some history and put everything in context.

The tour lasted around 4 hours, and it was just a pleasant walk between stops. Lunch at Casa Lastarria was lovely - I only had a coffee but it was delicious. Be sure to go to the bathroom - it is covered in Spanish cartoons!

Although you don't get to see everything, the guide pointed out a lot of things to us, and over the next few days I was able to explore the places I wanted to more. It was recommended to tip $5,000 pesos, but most gave this or more.

Very happy with this walking tour and very glad I did it - learnt a lot about the city and got to see some fabulous things!

Moonee Beach, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Must do in Santiago”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

My partner and l had just completed 23 days in South America and before returning we completed Santiago free walking tour.This tour starts at the Plaza De Armas in the Centro district of Santiago.This tour is a must when staying in city.Tours start at 10am and 3pm average 3.5hrs.
Our tour guide for the day was Felipe he was great his knowledge and history of the statues and buildings, along with his passion for Santiago and Chile made the tour extremely enjoyable and his English was excellent l would highly recommend asking when Felipe is taking tour when inquiring.

3 Thank Paul C
nashville
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great way to start your trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We enjoyed our tour. It's great to do in the beginning of your trip. We learned a lot and met many nice people. It's also nice that they operate everyday including holidays. It lasted about 4 hrs with a cafe break in the middle.

Northborough, Massachusetts
145 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 231 helpful votes
“Great Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Franco was a great tour guide, he is well spoken, funny and very intellegent. I believe he does the morning tour on week days only.

The four hour tour provided lots of information about what we were seeing, as well as a good historical, and political prospective on Chile. He is quite willing to answer any questions about Chile: food, politics ,culture, wine, resturaunts, musems, music(he has a band), nothing is out of bounds.. The pace was really great and I enjoyed our stop for ice cream mid-way through the tour. It was also a great opportunity to chat with others in our group. I would highly recommend this to anyone visiting Santiago. We have been to Santiago about 6 times and I wish we had taken the tour sooner.

The tour operates on tips only, Franco recommeded no more than $10 per person. But that is up to the individul.

Visited September 2012