“Bad Cancelation Policy”
Review of Chileapart.com

Chileapart.com
Ranked #81 of 202 Hotels in Santiago
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Make sure you read the fine print regarding the cancelation policy. We canceled three weeks prior to arrival but still got charged. Bummer. I've stayed there in the past but will not stay there again. Bad policy.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank StandingByZed
Chileapart, Gerente at Chileapart.com, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear guests,

About the comment of this customer, he took a "Non-refundable" rate with a Internet Portal. As every people knows, the "non-refundable" rates have a very good advantage: very low price but with the condition of no-cancelation. Since he took his decisión before, he considered a "good policy"... until he could not travel... then this "good policy" turned to a "bad policy" because were expecting a total refund.
There is no "fine-print". We are very respectful with the conditions of every booking. Furthermore, as a hotel we canot cancel a "non-refundable" booking since the internet portal does not allow that in their extranet portals.

Chileapart

There are newer reviews for Chileapart.com

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Hi! As the others have said, the apartment is very cute and the location cannot be beat. We arrived in Santiago on Saturday evening and the airline had lost my husband's bag and my name was on the hotel reservation. It was hard to communicate with the doorman, the "Chileapart Office" was just a wood condo door that we felt bad knocking on, so we felt pretty isolated there. The bag thing got worked out by a stroke of chance and we did finally communicate with the "office" by phone, and they were helpful with transport back to the airport. Basically, if you like a front desk and concierge, this is not your place. If you want a little flavor of what it's like to live in Santiago, it is. Note that the rooms in Tower A on the street side are SUPER LOUD in the summer (need to keep the windows open, but major bus route on Merced).

Room Tip: Rooms in tower A on street side are loud.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest

Thanks for your preference and comments.
About the apartments in A tower, it is important to know only the low floors (6 and below) to the street side are more louder. Every other apartment is quiet. Neverthleess we are progressively installing air conditioning equipment in order to keep closed windows.
The Double Superior apartment category has air conditioning.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

ChileApart is in a residential apartment building, very close to the Santa Lucia metro station. All amenities are nearby - supermarket, liquor store, restaurants etc. There are also a lot of other hostels nearby, so tourists are always around in the streets - this made me more comfortable walking around at night.

The apartment is good, with a little kitchenette, bathroom and bedroom area. No issues, everything was basic but clean.

The only thing we did not like was the fact that there is none of the service attached to staying in a hotel such as front desk, calling a cab etc.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest
Many thanks for the comments and preference.
Yes we are not a traditional hotel, but as other customers had written it is one major advantage in terms of Independence, space, low rate and overall confort.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

The location was great (it's close to subway, close to Santa Lucia and the Park - I am really amaze at the great location for the price and cleanness!)! The price was great! Like a prior reviewer was saying, this place is right next to a supermarket so you can pick up food or wine that you would want. It is clean. There is a doorman outside (this is an apartment complex for mainly residents I think) and you need to give them your confirmation email and log in with your passport number. They'll direct you to the room that Chile Apt is in and then Chile Apt will check you in and give you your room # & passcode to get into your room.

My friend & I (both female, in our 30s) were stopping by in Santiago heading to Puerto Natales to the Torres Del Paine National Park. We stayed there on our way to and from the park.

The doormen does not speak much English. English is not spoken much in Santiago (like Italy where English seems to be spoken in the touristy area) - I didn't realize that coming in (my bad on not researching that part) so I had no Spanish and no book to translate from English to Spanish (this would be very helpful for those that doesn't know much Spanish)!

I gave this 1 star for customer service. I didn't have much of a problem with them coming in to Santiago. They also ran out of the Santiago touristy map (which I couldn't fault them for that - but my friend was annoyed). That is not the reason I am giving them a ZERO star if I could, but the reason is their accountability.

I left my luggage there as my flight was at 11pm. They confirmed that they will be there until 7:30pm (which was perfect since I was going to be there around 7pm since I made reservation for my shuttle to pick me up at 7:30pm). I said that's great. I went back at 6:30pm and rang the doorbell. No one answered. I sat outside waiting to see if someone working there would come (i.e: maybe the cleaning ladies). No one did. I went to talked to the doorman to see if they could call the hotel for me. It wouldn't go through on my phone - but that was my problem - I didn't realize how to utilize the different area code to dial the #s correctly. The doorman wasn't really helpful since we couldn't communicate to each other.

I went back upstairs to ring the doorbell again to see if maybe, the lady that worked there had left and had to come back. No answer. I resumed to sit out there and waited for someone. 2 ladies came and they saw me sitting there and I told them no one was inside. They spoke with each other in Spanish and left. I sat some more and then decided to go back to my room to use the wifi to see if I could go on their website to find a different phone # or a contact but again, it was a bust since I couldn't get the phone # to dial correctly (my fault). So I went back to the room where Chile Apt is and rang the doorbell again and waited. During this time, the 2 Chilean ladies from earlier came back. They must know the lady - they called the hotel, spoke some and the hotel door open.

I was shock. Mad. Angry. Why didn't the lady open up the door when I ring the doorbell 3 DIFFERENT TIMES! I had resumed myself that I wasn't going to be able to fly back with my luggage (thank goodness I was carrying my passport). She was friendly greeting me and I mumbled a Hello.

One other thing - At about 1am, I heard someone trying to get in the door with their passcode and they couldn't get in. There is no customer service at that time. I'm not sure what they ended up doing but there is not an around the clock customer service if that is what you need. Go to a hotel that would offer that.

It would have been good had I not had that poor customer service. All I have to say is, don't leave your luggage there unless you expect to not get it back with you. & good luck!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Serena_Charlie

Dear guests,
About the comments of this customer and what our team reported... she just knock the door when the reception girl was in the restrooms (sometimes we have only 1 or two people in the reception, our low costs are translated to low final rates). It was a minor problem but the customer was very stressed about that. We are sorry about that.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

When you arrive to the location there is a front desk area where they contact the company and then they send you to the office unit number. We arrived early,....when we got to the unit it is an actual apartment that they have converted into their office. They stored our luggage for us and allowed us to freshen up as they have a complete bathroom in their office. We explored the area for a couple of hours and returned. They give you a map and explain the locations near by that you can explore by walking.
When we returned we got out luggage and went to our unit. Each unit is assigned a code to unlock the door so there is no key, which I thought was cool because there is now no key to lose.
The apartment is perfect for a couple on vacation. It is small but very practical and very clean as it has a full kitchen with enough for what you need to make any meal. There is a supermarket downstairs right next door so breakfast was a snap and kept us full so we had a nice late lunch as we explored all of Chile. The shower had plenty of hot water--in fact sometimes it would get too hot suddenly but that was okay for me. The bed was comfortable and the small sitting area in the living room was good enough to sit and drink a bottle of fine Chilean wine. We were given as a gift a bottle from the Veramonte winery ---The Carmenere that Marco Ruiz gave us on our tour to Valaparaiso & Vina del Mar was superb!!!! Which brings my to my next review of MARS TOURS also owned by chileapart!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Hello friends from Florida,
Many thanks for your preference and comments.
Hopefully we could receive again in your next stay in Santiago.

Manager

Reviewed December 10, 2013

The apartment I stayed in had a master bed and the living section outside had a nice seating area.Kitchenette had all essential pots and pans if you want to cook your own food.
I found the quality of the apartment to be very good.We stayed in another more expensive boutique hotel before coming here and regretted not booking all our days here.
Very clean and hassle free checkin.The doors have a passcode so no need to carry around a key or card,very modern.Laundry room also available.
Highle recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Hello friends
Many thanks for your preference and comments.
Hopefully we could receive again in your next stay in Santiago.

Manager

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Wow, I paid such a cheap rate for this hotel and was a bit fearful as it was my last stop after visiting a dozen other places across South America - where I learned you usually get what you pay for. But such was not the case here.

The location is smack in the center, about a 5 minute walk from the main square, and the apartment was AMAZING. The first thing I said to my friend is that, "Wow, this is a place I would love to have as my own."

The apartment was very modern, equipped with new cooking accessories and a microwave, and was extremely clean.

A major grocery store is next to the apartment, and it's located about a 5 minute walk from a very nice commercial/restaurant area where there's a wide selection of places to eat, cafes, etc.

I really couldn't have been any happier with this place!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Hello friend from UK
Many many thanks for your wonderful comment, and hopefully we could receive in your next stay in Santiago

Kindest regards