“My gosh....”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Biferia

La Biferia
Ranked #138 of 4,529 Restaurants in Santiago
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Providencia
Description: Excelent Steak House in a bistro version; right next to the best accomodations in town and the one and only cool scene of Providencia district. You can choose between all different cuts of beef, the best chilean angus selection and the PRIME CHOICE Selection including Kobe Beef raised in Chile. WIne lovers are also welcome.
“My gosh....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

The place is simple and cheap but...... surprise: one of the best meet I have ever had in my life..... ask for the costela cortada - it is absolute amazing!!!! Poor argentina....

2 Thank 836augustos

Calgary, Canada
“Excellent Dinner on our Last Night in Santiago”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

As the Fiestas Patrias was on today it was a little challenging finding a restaurant open for dinner. It was our last evening in Chile so wanted to enjoy a nice dinner prior to spending the next day eating airline food. We are very glad that we found La Biferia!

Victor was very helpful - answering our questions - even though he had limited English and we had very limited Spanish. We ended up with 2 nice glasses of Carmenere to go with the steak and chicken dishes. I know I should be eating beef in a 'Biferia' but honestly had had enough beef the last few days. The chicken breast wad cooked very nicely - huge - but cooked well. I could have had 1/4 of the amount provided.

We also had a nice side of rice (with very fresh and crispy vegetables) and a little bowl of mushrooms. In hindsight we should have shared the meat dishes as there was easily enough food for 4 people. In this case I took the extra chicken with me and fed 3 of the street dogs.

Very good food - charming location - wonderful waiters. All great reasons to try this place out.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Altius10
Sydney
“Loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

This place is excellent. The steak was great, perfect potato mash and great salad. Simple food done really well. Good wine list which was well priced and refreshingly premium wines by the glass, which I found laching in Chile. Going back tonight loved it that much. If you like steak go!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank winefoodfan
Melbourne, Australia
“Beef restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I ordered medium rare steak but it came as rare (to what I'm used to). The spicy potatoes were good and an order was enough for two people. The wine was well priced. My service was ok but I sensed that other diners may not have been as quickly served. The music was eclectic and at times, a little jarring and loud. More soothing music would add to the atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013
San Jose, California
“A dream for meat lovers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

This restaurant was located a few doors from our hotel so we decided to give it a try and were pleasantly surprised at how good the steaks were. We returned a second time because we liked it so much. We felt the cost of our meals were within reason too. The wines were also great. The restaurant is rather small. They have a nice outdoor dining area that was perfect for the warm weather.

• Visited December 2012