“Beef restaurant”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Chilean, Grill
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Providencia
Description: Excelent Steak House in a bistro version; right next to the best accomodations in town and the one and only cool scene of Providencia district. You can choose between all different cuts of beef, the best chilean angus selection and the PRIME CHOICE Selection including Kobe Beef raised in Chile. WIne lovers are also welcome.
Melbourne, Australia
“Beef restaurant”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I ordered medium rare steak but it came as rare (to what I'm used to). The spicy potatoes were good and an order was enough for two people. The wine was well priced. My service was ok but I sensed that other diners may not have been as quickly served. The music was eclectic and at times, a little jarring and loud. More soothing music would add to the atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013

San Jose, California
“A dream for meat lovers”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This restaurant was located a few doors from our hotel so we decided to give it a try and were pleasantly surprised at how good the steaks were. We returned a second time because we liked it so much. We felt the cost of our meals were within reason too. The wines were also great. The restaurant is rather small. They have a nice outdoor dining area that was perfect for the warm weather.

• Visited December 2012
Redondo Beach, California, United States
“A good steak is hard to find...”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

In a country where most of the steaks my husband and I tried were very tough and filled with gristle, La Biferia is a stand out steak restaurant. They take pride in offering a variety of cuts, along with a diverse selection of wines to accompany them. We like our meat medium rare, which they call "sangrante". Some may call it "a punto" or "termino medio", either way, they will understand that you do not want your meat well done. We enjoyed their ceviche mixto which was delicious and a generous portion. Their salads are fresh and come undressed, which is so refreshing for us because in the United States, most salads come with gloppy dressings that take away from the taste of delicious greens. I have grown to appreciate the clean way Chilean's dress their salads; olive oil, salt and lemon juice. My husband enjoyed the Tapa de lomo and the lomo vetado which were cooked to perfection. I enjoyed the filete, which was tender, juicy and flavorful.
On a side note, the owner used to be a tour guide and helped us plan an amazing trip to Patagonia and the Lakes Region. He's an informative fellow who loves his country and wants tourists to see everything Chile has to offer. La Biferia knows steak and how to cook it.

• Visited February 2013
Perth, Australia
“Great for beef lovers”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The steak was melt in your mouth, service excellent and a nice small venue.

Prices are very good and excellent value for money.

I only wish this restaurant was in my home town :(

• Visited May 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Excellent steak and ceviche!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Handsome Argentinian steakhouse. My husband had a steak cooked to perfection with spicy potatoes. I opted for a green salad and ceviche which were delicious and very fresh. Portions are huge! Two steaks arrived with my husbands order and we thought we had miscommunicated! Come hungry!

Visited June 2013