“The BEST place I've ever stayed at while traveling”
Review of Powder Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santiago
Powder Lodge
Ranked #95 of 478 Specialty Lodging in Santiago
NY
“The BEST place I've ever stayed at while traveling”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

There isn't enough room in this box to tell you how great our experience was at Powder lodge. First, Christian and Pat are AMAZING hosts. I never understood what great service was until I stayed here. They help you with everything from dropping you off to get lift tickets, to helping get your laundry done (when you just hiked Machu Picchu) arranging a lift to Valle Nevado, making great après snacks and even having a sauna, hot tub with arrangement for a massage if you want. I can't even begin to explain how good their cooking is. I read that Christian was a chef but Pat also cooked for us and each dinner was AMAZING. You won't even want to go out to eat your entire trip because their food is so good.

Their business is like a boutique hotel where each room has its own bathroom, they make you breakfast and dinner, but the house is like being in your own ski house with better dinners than I would make. The living rooms are incredibly comfortable to hang out in and to top it all off, Christian and Pat are AWESOME to hang out with. They speak great English, Pat plays great music and Christian is so welcoming that when I said I hadn't tried a pisco sour yet, he immediately served us up some to try. They really make the place a ton of fun, which is what skiing and snowboarding is all about! We would definitely go back here for a weeks vacation and you should go there too!

My only complaints: NONE. This place was better than any hostal, B&B, hotel, or cruise ship I've stayed in on my extensive travels. If you go to Chile to ski/ride. Stay here.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank JenABrazil

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Puerto Rico
Reviewed September 5, 2012

It should first be noted that this property is not in Santiago, but rather Farellones (about 1.5 hours away, up in the Andes from Santiago). The folks at TripAdvisor need to correct the location of this property.

Kudos to Christian and his staff for providing such a welcoming and warm place to stay. The bedrooms and baths are cozy. The hot tub outside is always available, and provides a great place to unwind after a day of skiing. One afternoon in the hot tub, Pablo even surprised us with beers and homemade pizza, without ever asking for it! We took advantage of the sauna, and Christian even arranged apres-ski massages in the new massage room. Christian has a background as a chef, and it shows with the delicious breakfast and dinners included in the stay. The meals gave us a wonderful chance to make new friends with other guests.

The A-Framed Powder Lodge is a short 5 minute walk to the lifts, shops, bars, and restaurants in Farellones. The Colorado, Parva, Valle Nevado and Farellones ski areas are all connected, easily accessed via the Farellones lift. Thanks to Christian and his crew for an amazing stay. We'll be back! .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bob G
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 4, 2012

A great ski lodge with the best service and food - period. Charming and the owner (Christian) and staff were fantastic in every way. English is excellent and the guests were all American, Europeans or Canadians. Our room was tight but cozy with two beds and private bath.

Room Tip: Our room was tight but clean, cozy with two beds, closet and private bath. There are a couple of flo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I came here on our honeymoon. We couldn't ask for better acomidations! The food is incredible, the hot tub is hot, the view is beautiful, Christian the owner is extremely acomidating and nice. I don't normally write reviews, but this place was so awesome I felt it was my duty. If you are going to ski in Farrellones this is the place to stay. the rooms are a bit small, but nice and clean and the beds are super comfy. Interacting with the other guests over diner and wine was a highlight. Christian the owner is an excellent cook. Breakfast and dinner were highly anticipated and he has an excellent selection of wine. I highly recomend the Powder Lodge!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Evan H
Whitefish, Montana
Reviewed November 3, 2010

Ok! So first of all the Power-Lodge is not in Santiago. It is in Los Farrellones, at the base of the ski area by the same name, 5 minutes from El Colorado, 10 from La Parva and 20 from Valle Nevado. Are you getting the picture? Well if not, the view from deck and the hot tub will convince you.

Look our from the Kitchen windows, from the deck or the hot tub and you may see a Condor soaring in the valley below you. Or after a ski filled, fun filled day, relax in the hot tub and watch the Alpenglow on the mountains of La Parva and El Colorado directly above you. Add a glass of Chilean Camenere to your apre ski and you may think that you have found heaven.

Now before you run off and make your reservations for next July or August consider my tastes. I have stayed at the Ritz and the W. So I understand opulence and quality. But you will never find bohemian soulfulness at the Ritz. So when I want to ski, drink red wine, soak in the hot tub, chill in the sauna, or dine with fine friends and food I want soul! There is plenty of that at the Power-Lodge.

Now the rooms and the baths are small but the common areas are quaint and inviting. We spent most of our time in the hot tub, in the kitchen or in the living room. It was like coming home for Christmas. Our host, Chris and his sidekick Tommy were there to attend to our every need. Even the conciege at the Ritz is not this good. More wine? Appetizers? Go to town for the day? Get to the ski slopes? Make the hot tub a little cooler?

Did I mention the food? OMG, Chris is a skilled and savory chef. Dinners provided an opportunity to share stories with other skiers, raise our glasses and toast to more snow, and dine like royalty. The food was delicious, presented like a 5 Star restaurant, and was plentiful. Both dinner and breakfast were included in the room and more than worth it.

Finally, there are merchants. There are hoteliers and there are innkeepers. Then there are friends. Chris, our host, is a fine individual that made us feel welcome and comfortable. I felt like I was home or visiting a close friend.

Internet technology was available although limited. If you need to be connected you can get on a few minutes per day. But don't plan on it. Besides! You are on vacation.

Don't waste your money or time on hotels or condos on this mountain if you are looking for soul. Power-Lodge is the place.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank TravelJake
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santiago
Hotel Posada de Farellones
Landay Hostel
#77 of 478 in Santiago
Acero Apart
#186 of 478 in Santiago

Been to Powder Lodge? Share your experiences!