“A day out with friends”
Review of Chile Off Track

Isla Negra and Pomaire Day Trip from Santiago
Ranked #23 of 117 Food & Drink in Santiago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private and/or semi private tours (2-8 pax) for a unique experience! Our tours are tailored to suit the most important person, you! As a Boutique Tour Company we offer day tours around Santiago and customized tours to the Lake District & Patagonia. In the Santiago area we offer a variety of day trips, such as horseback rides, winery tours, cultural & nature tours for the perfect day out! Our tailored tour experiences in Chile will take you off the beaten path! We create unique experiences and lasting memories in this beautiful country.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My day trip to the mountains felt like a day out with friends. The four guides, two human and the canine, were friendly, enthusiast and knowledgeable and made me feel at ease from the very first moment.
The trip was nice, we climbed a valley looking up to snow capped mountains. The valley itself was beautiful, filled with flowers, their scent and the sounds of birds. We followed a stream to a hermits shed. There we had a nice and simple lunch. The hermit is an interesting character that likes to talk and knows a lot about the surroundings.
Thanks Chile off Track for the best day of my visit to Santiago.

1  Thank Asw1n

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed in Santiago for a conference and had just two days for tourism. We went on the day tour with Chile off Track to get an impression of the nature around Santiago and had a great day. The tour was perfectly organized and offered everything promised in the description on the website. Highly recommended!

1  Thank yueyan
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My daughters (both in their 20's) and I highly recommend doing at least one trip with Chile Off Track. The owner, Suzanne, was very personable,knowledgeable,flexible and easy to work with. We decided on a day trip to Valparaiso. We could not be happier that we took the Chile Off Track tour rather than trying to navigate the narrow, hilly streets on our own especially since the funicular was unexpectedly out of service on the day of our tour. The tour stayed on schedule but we never felt rushed (plenty of time to take pictures everywhere) and we felt that we got a great 1 day overview of the city's history and flavor. Suzanne scheduled a variety of activities into the day including coffee in Vina del Mar, shopping, an excellent lunch at a restaurant overlooking the harbor,walking through town, a boat ride and a tour of Pablo Neruda's house. We felt like we were spending the day with a good friend and we will definitely schedule another trip with Chile Off Track when we visit Santiago again.

1  Thank vmazzoc
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Although the cost was a little more than other companies, it was worth every penny! My partner and I had a fabulous time in the Casablanca Valley. Our guides Suzy and Dani were incredibly knowledgable and went out of their way to make sure we had the best experience possible. We had a private tour of 2 vineyards + lunch, just us and the guides, and tasted over 8 different wines during the trip...considerably more than expected and more than other companies had to offer. I couldn't fault the tour, it was fantastic. Would definately, definately recommend!!! Thank you Suzy and Dani for an experience we will never forget.

2  Thank Crystal3785
Reviewed October 16, 2012

During our visit in Santiago, we booked a tour with Suzanne to the rustic mineral water hot springs. I didn't expect the ride to be so bumpy but by the time we got up there, it was totally worth it after we relaxed in one of the 8 hot tubs while breathing fresh air up so high (2500 meters). Suzanne prepared an amazing picnic for us! There were wine, el mate, juice and water on top of sausages, ham, bread and fruits. She gave me so much info about Santiago on the way there and back too. What impressed me the most was I got an email from her after the tour was over telling me about a salsa event going on that weekend since that was something we talked about during the day. Suzanne is obviously is a very considerate and detailed person who genuinely cares about her clients. She is by far my most favourite tour guide among the many I had encountered.

5  Thank Amy6172293