“Emphasizing already excellent reviews...”

Uncorked Wine Tours
Ranked #4 of 117 Food & Drink in Santiago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We believe that wine is about pleasure and we design our programs to be fun and memorable for wine enthusiasts of all ages and levels of wine knowledge. Experience the natural beauty of the Chilean Wine Country while you explore the winemaking process from the vineyard to the glass in one of our informative yet informal and fun Full Day Wine Tour lead by one of our knowledgeable and friendly Wine Hosts. Learn more about how the grapes develop in the vineyard and discover the winemaking process during the personalized visit to 3 small producers where you will see the “behind the scenes” of each winery and taste a selection of their unique wines. We hope you will join us soon for a great wine and food experience!
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I chose this wine tour because of its already excellent trip advisor ratings. We arrived in Santiago from a 2 week trip around Patagonia on a Friday evening and had about 24 hours to kill before our flight home. The trip driver and guide picked us up promptly at our hotel. We joined another young couple from the USA for our day long adventure around three Casablanca wineries.

The first winery (Quintay) was super educational, but the wine wasn't anything special. Recommendation: don't drink much (if any) of the wine there! There's plenty more to come!

The second winery (Bodegas RE) was absolutely fantastic! You really have to experience it to understand. We knew we could expect great things when our guide, Jorge, got giddy at the thought of joining us for the tasting. RE makes its wine in clay containers, not stainless steel, and uses grapes grown on vines up to 65 years old! The winemaker poured us generous tastings of one of their wines that isn't available for purchase by anyone (it's reserved for the owners!). We also got to try their liqueurs (careful with those!). We bought several bottles of wine to take home at about $32 usd each.

We had a multi-course lunch with wine pairings at the third winery and then a tour, with more tastings. By the time we were dropped off at the airport at the end of the day (around 6:30), we were happy and exhausted!

2  Thank annirvine
There are newer reviews for Uncorked Wine Tours

Reviewed January 7, 2013

My partner and I had a great day with Jose touring the vineyards in the Casablanca and San Antonio valleys outside of Santiago. We especially enjoyed Quintay, the first stop on the tour. The woman from the vineyard that showed us around was very knowledgable of the whole process and clearly enjoyed teaching others about wine. The lunch we were served at the last vineyard was delicious and each dish was thoughtfully paired with an equally delicious wine. It really was a fantastic day for the tastebuds and we both felt like we had learned a lot from Jose, even through the tipsiness. Excellent value for money and we highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I loved the cooking class! It was such a nice night and great way to experience Chile. We loved meeting the people in our class, Connie and our wonderful cook! I would recommend this to anyone looking for a relaxing night with good food and wine.

1  Thank Meredith G
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We just got back from an amazing tour with Uncorked Wine Tours! From the beginning of planning the trip, working with Connie was simply a pleasure. She was attentive, handled all our questions with ease. I also was planning a special engagement on the tour and Connie was able to coordinate getting us a special table at lunch, set-up among the vineyards, making a special place to pop the question!

Without a doubt a well-run company and a great tour. The wines were great and the tour well worth the money!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

My chef husband and I took two wine tours with Uncorked to start off our 2 week "wine and foodie trip" in Chile, and were very pleased. We did their tours of both large and small wineries in the Aconcagua and Maipo wine areas, and especially liked the first one in Aconcagua, with Patricia (ask for her- she's great!), as we were able to blend and bottle our own wine at one of the wineries. That was such a great (and delicious!) learning experience- and so much fun- that we Highly recommend it to anyone starting out on a Wine Trip in Chile! Private wine tours in Chile are not cheap, and I contacted several companies, all of which offered excellent sounding trips. I chose Uncorked based on their email correspondance with me and online reviews, although there were several others, including Santiago Adventures, that also seemed to have great wine trips. We didn't want to do private tours, and would have happily joined a small group, but as it was only the two of us, joining with others wasn't an option with any of the wine tour companies I contacted. The lunches at the wineries were excellent, as well, and we highly recommend eating at any of the wineries you go to. Most private wine tours will run at least $250.00/pp per day, but it is a whole day, and well worth it. As you do need reservations at most wineries, unless you speak Spanish it may be difficult to make your own reservations and get driving directions, and with a driver you are free to enjoy all the wine and not worry about driving home!