“Excellent hike! AndoAndes was great.”

AndoAndes - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$120.00*
and up
Cajon del Maipo and San Jose Volcano Hiking Tour from Santiago
More attraction details
Owner description: For the last 10 years we´ve been building touristic experiencies in nature, becoming specialists on the Maipo valley area, all year round. We have grown by the hand of the touristic development of our country, offering specialized products on the outdoor field, such as hikes and treks, mainly. We appreciate how spectacular is Maipo Valley as a destination, its ecosystem, glaciers, rivers, flora, fauna and with no doubt, its people. We work hard for giving a quality and complete service, looking forward to bring together the magnificent Andes and the outdoor life, with the people who decides to travel with AndoAndes.
Reviewed October 13, 2012

What a great day. Pre-hike communication via email was excellent, and this set the tone for the tour itself. I was picked up from my hotel in a roomy minivan, and after collecting the other hikers we drove out to the glacier hike-site. The last hour was on a dirt road but it was not uncomfortable and the scenery was beautiful. An excellent bruch was presented for us (including fresh raspberry juice and some home-made pesto for the rolls) and we also made rolls for our lunch up top. The tour guide Jocelyn was very good and made everyone feel comfortable, and as a bonus we had the business owner come along as well. It was good to talk to him and hear about the company. Both guides went out of their way to make sure we were well informed about the mountains, flora and fauna. After 2.5 hours we arrived up the top and enjoyed lunch and putting our feet up by the lake. On the way back down i was grateful for the hiking poles that were thoughtfully provided for us, as it was steep in some parts. I thought initially that the tour seemed a little overpriced but you get excellent value for money with really good food and excellent care from the guides, and it was worth every peso. There were a lot of little details that set this hiking tour above others I have been on and I highly recommend this company.

3  Thank ar27dodo
"dirt road"
in 5 reviews
"flora and fauna"
in 6 reviews
"spoke very good english"
in 6 reviews
"fruit juice"
"amazing experience"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Hard to express how much my wife and I enjoyed this trip. Every detail had been thought out by AndoAndes, Hernan was a great guide, his knowledge and obvious love for the Andes was infectious and we not only saw breathtaking scenery but also learned a lot. We were the first group this year to do the hike to San Francisco glacier and we are just so happy that we were able to do it. Hernan was prepared for everything. We had a great picnic when we arrive d at foot of the hike, He kitted us out with walking sticks which were very necessary, he encouraged us all the way up what was quite a hike especially at the beginning. He made sure we kept drinking water so as not to dehydrate and gave us information all the way. This combined with the magical scenery made it a great day out. When we got back to the bottom I jokingly said “Hernan all we need now is a beer to round off a perfect day”, only to see he was already opening a bottle of Austral for us, Do not miss this tour.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I booked so short in advance, had no telephone to be reached and Liliana Herrera made it possible for me to go riding at the Yerba Loca with the cutest mules i have ever seen!
Along came anther girl and it was a perfect fit!
The ride was absolutely spectacular and the day was gorgeous! Spring was in the air and where is it better then in the Andes and in unspoiled nature with a good group!
The tour guide Hernán Aravena couldn't be more of a well of infos and helpful, sweet personality! When he set the picnic table i couldn't have been more surprised, next to a very tasteful decoration there was such great natural food, well taken care the fact that we were vegan/vegetarian and was just more then perfect! And very appreciated! Thank you for the homemade pesto, Liliana!
I am happy I could enjoy that day outside the city and have the opportunity to experience something of such very exceptional beauty!
Thank you for that day and forever memory! Lela
Ps: The fact that AndoAndes does not discriminate single traveling peeps AND for a absolute competitive rate shall give them extra 1000 points!!!!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I went horseback riding in the Andes with AndoAndes in July 2012, and it was absolutely fantastic. Our tour-guide was enthusiastic and full of interesting stories, and the experience itself was out of this world. The scenery was gorgeous, the horses were slow and perfect for a beginner, the trip went just the right amount of time, and the gourmet organic lunch was delicious. All in all, it was a highlight of my visit to Santiago and if the schedule works out for you, you should definitely skip everything else and go on the trip!

5  Thank DC_Traveler1515