Plaza Suites Apartments
$280
WHotels.com
  • Room Service
$114
Hotel Plaza San Francisco(Santiago)
$149
$129
$116
$239
$169
$149
Le Reve Hotel Boutique(Santiago)
$199
  • Breakfast included
$166
$136
HolidayInn.com
All reviewsfour blocksbuilding complexcentral locationbit noisy at nightsanta luciavery pleasant staycable tvsupermarketelevatormetrorepair
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My wife and I had a very pleasant stay last week at the Plaza Suites. Our mini-apartment (two rooms plus kitchen and bathroom) was very modern, efficient and super-clean. Everything worked as it should and the staff members we met were friendly and helpful. The staff for these hotel/apartments is on duty from early morning till about 8:00 in the evening.

As others have noted, the location is quite good, and we were easily able to range each day from the central commercial area south of the Plaza de Armas to lingering lunches in the little cul-de-sac of sidewalk cafes leading off Calle Lastarria, to dinners in the tasty restaurants of Bellavista--all on foot, through nice areas of town and without excess exertion.

We liked having the large and modern supermarket right next to the building entrance (on the Merced side), the several banks with ATMs within a block or so, and several places to get robust cups of coffee, indoors or out, within a block or so (e.g., the Mosqueto Cafe on Calle Mosqueto and Starbucks on Calle Agustinas.

For what it's worth, our room did not have air conditioning (at least none that we could see) but, even in summery February, we absolutely did not need it. Although the temperatures were numerically "warm," the air in Santiago is dry enough that we never felt hot in the least. If, however, air conditioning is a "must" for you (and in January, it might be), I suppose you'd better specify it.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank JAH43
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Overall, we really enjoyed staying in our apartment. The kitchen had everything we needed to make breakfast for ourselves every day. The location - next to a gret grocery store and a block from Cerro Santa Lucia - was really great. Laundry facilities was a plus for folks traveling for a prolonged period of time, as we were. My only complaint is that the "gym" was worthless - none of the machines work.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Boobookittyfingers
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Great place to stay. It´s a studio, with all kitchen appliances, and it has also excellent housekeeping.

Please do not be scared with the absence of a reception in the lobby! The reception is in the 7th floor, as I remember, but it does not make any influence in the hotel. Considering it´s a building where there may be local people living permanently, the building and its cleaness is awesome!

The staff was very helpfull and Jose the front desk and manager gave us all the tips and made reservations such as a concierge would do, but with much more personal appeal!

The location, is in the middle of everything! Great place to start walking around! Very close to the 'Cerro de Santa Lucia'.

If you have any doubts, don´t be, stay in this hotel! Very nice!

Room Tip: I can say the room I have stayed was awesome, I can only imagine the 2 floor apartment must be even better.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Leopoldino M C
Reviewed January 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights. It was a last minute decision but a great one. The suites are very modern apartment units so they are equipped with a kitchen. This was convenient especially if you are tired of eating out. A huge grocery store Lider is right next door. Each day we were given a small basket of tea, coffee, juice boxes, sandwiches and yogurt. I would definitely recommend this place. Only thing is there is no AC but it didn't bother us too much.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Great option for those looking for a central and modern flat. The Plaza Suites occupies some apartaments on a building complex, it's not a traditional hotel. There is a supermarket in the complex, a great bakery just across the street and several restaurants in the neighborhood. Another very important quality of Plaza Suites is that Jose and Patricio, the two sons of the owner, run the hotel with all the atention the guest require. (I had a problem with a double charge in my credit card and Jose and Patricio helped me with everything I needed). I recomend strongly!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family