“Excellent Small Apt, Great Location , Excelent Price and Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Santiago Suite Apartment

Santiago Suite Apartment
Ranked #54 of 470 Specialty Lodging in Santiago
Puerto Rico
“Excellent Small Apt, Great Location , Excelent Price and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

My husband and I rented an apartment for a week. It is a lovely nice small apartment for 2, it has a sofa bed in the living room but is better for just 2 persons and maybe a baby, not more. The apartment had a small kitchen and living room, a bed room and a nice size bathroom. The apartment has Small TV, with Wi-Fi and cable. In reference to the cable it was out of service went we got to the apartment, we call for assistance and immediate the cable was installed. Every day they came in and clean the apartment except on Sunday, this was the one small problem because they did not provide us with an extra set of towels for Sunday. The apartment is located inside a big apartment building, with real good security. At the same time it is side by side to a big grocery store, it with you can find everything including a hot homemade bread all day long.
The location was excellent; it was near everything in the city for example, Cerro Santa Lucia Hill, Santa Lucia Craft Market, Main Square of Santiago, The Presidential Palace. It is about 5 minute in taxi to Barrio Bellavista, also one to 3 block to ( a nice place to drink an eat, but is small, it may look like danger getting there but is not) . In the area you can find all types of restaurants from cheap one , hamburger just in front of it, and there is a medium price Indian restaurant ( not open un Sunday , that is why we didn’t try it” . It also has just in front of the apartment a medium price type Peruvian restaurant, in which you can eat a real good “ lomo saltado- red meat with potatoes with species “ “ aji de gallina- this one is made of small pieces of chicken with a yellow pepper” and the typical “ceville- which is a fish cook in lime with species and onion”
The only thing that it may look strange for new travelers to South America, is that the area around the apartment, is not sparking and paint, and at night is a little dark, but is not danger at all, it is like that because is near what is call the old city.

Joel and Waleska

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Pretoria, South Africa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed here for two nights and what attracted me was the location in the centre of Santiago at an affordable US$70 per night. Upon arrival I was completely disorientated and had to request the security guards for assistance. They told me to wait outside until someone comes to fetch me (Note: I was dead tired after more than 24 hours' travelling). Eventually a staff member arrived and I had to follow him (with all my luggage) to the 8th floor where the reception is in a pokey little office. He explained to me that I had to settle the full amount upfront - which I was forced to do as at that time of the night I had no alternative. While in discussion with the assistant, his bossy female colleague brashly started yelling all sorts of insulting remarks from the back - what a terrible way to start a holiday! Best was to ignore her and settle the account. I then had to drag myself and my luggage to the apartment, which was located in a different block.

The apartment itself was not as glamourous as it had appeared on the photos, and it needed a bit of cleaning. The bathroom had no window and it felt a bit stifling. The apartment overlooks a building site - nothing pleasing about it. Some of the apartments are occupied by people living there, so it is extremely noisy all the time (e.g. elevator doors opening and closing constantly, loud footsteps etc.) At night the area is noisy, so forget about a good night's rest! Its best aspect is the price and the free WiFi, but in retrospect I would have gladly paid a bit more for a more decent setup. The worst was the reception, and that for me is good enough reason not to recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: All of the apartments are similar - be careful not to be fooled by the use of qualifiers such as &qu...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Really meets the criteria of a fussy female travelling alone.Clean,safe,great location in the right part of the city.I read all the reviews before I booked I hope this encourages you to stay here as well.

• Stayed October 2012
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights for US$59 per night, which is a reasonable price for a whole apartment in this city. We were able to check in at 5am with no problem as their reception is manned 24 hours.

The apartment is great but only has basic kitchen equipment: 2 plates, bowls, glasses etc. and only 1 knife and no can opener. The street noise can be noisy with traffic during the day. Location is fantastic, really central and close to lots of things worth seeing. Wifi and Ethernet Internet are available as there is a dedicated modem in the apartment. On the whole, it's a good choice.

• Stayed September 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

What a pleasant surprise! We normally always stay at the Ritz Carlton in Las Condes and this year decided to look for a place with a kitchen because of our 9 months old son. Initially we were skeptical because through booking.com you can reserve and change your reservations at any time. Our stay for a week was same amount as 1 night stay at the Ritz (cash only)...too good to be true?

Well, not this time! When we got here, we found out that this was indeed a clean modern apartment just like it looked in the pictures! I guess there are mixed residents here between perm, short stays and day travelers. Most of the people in the building looked like working professionals.

What we got was a full furnished 1 bedroom with comfortable big bed, full bathroom, kitchen(stove, microwave, full fridge, toaster, basic cooking utensils), laundry(in separate blg), gym and pool(not heated). Maids came by everyday and they provide basic soap and shampoo. If you are coming for a week like we did, you might want to pack snack packs of salt, peppers and seasoning for cooking. There is a supermarket right downstairs so you can buy your grocery/wines which is super convenient.

We love the Bella Vista neighborhood because it's kind of artsy and there are alot to see and do around here. When we were at Las Condes everything closed early because it's a financial district but this area everything is opened late. There are also lots of diverse eateries as well.

I have to say, check in and check out was super easy too. No frills! Karin Pereira, general manager, gave us her cell # and answered our emails even on weekends and at nights. To boot, internet is FREE! when we stayed at the Ritz, we paid $15/day! The hotel will also arrange a pick up/ drop off to airport for fee. 15 pesos for cab and 30 pesos for a van(cheaper than what you will pay at the airport).

If you are looking for fancy lobby and pool with spa, room service-- this is not the place. But if you are looking for clean, comfortable place with a kitchen, this place is awesome for the value! 2 thumbs up! Thank you for a great comfortable stay~

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Chrisyeajin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

Super clean, good price, nice to have some luxury whilst travelling. Staff were really helpful and friendly. Hard to drag yourself out of bed to explore the city as the apartment was so great! Thank you!

• Stayed June 2012
Adelaide
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed at these apartments for 6 nights, after booking just 3. We arrived late at night, 1am, and the security men at the gate let us in and gave us our room details. There are 4 buildings and we were in C. The room had a code lock, no keys. The following morning we had a phone call at 9am to go to reception to check in properly. This was fine, but after a late flight, I would have appreciated a sleep in. Later on there was no problems in extending our stay and we got a small bottle of red wine as a gift.

The apartment was a reasonable size and very modern. There was a small kitchen and living space with a separate bedroom with ensuite. We had our own wifi with a modem in the bedroom which worked well. Cable TV was great and the a/c unit in the living area worked well as a heater for us. We were very comfortable here and it was hard to drag ourselves out during the day! There is a supermarket next door which was very convenient. Location is good, a few blocks from Plaza de Armes and other attractions. Close to subway, although we did not use this.

The kitchen was nice and stocked well with cutlery and crockery but I would have like to have had a dish cloth and dishwashing liquid, I had to buy this myself. The floors of the apartment were dirty as my feet got black underneath after walking around for a while. The shower was fantastic. There was some noise at nighttimes from people partying I believe but it was nothing terrible. Felt very safe and secure. My only other dislike was that we continually had phone calls, I'm not sure if they were internal or external, they kept asking for someone, we could not really understand them.

Would recommend as a comfortable stay and it was nice to cook some meals for a change

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple