“The Insider's View”
Review of HecTour Service

HecTour Service
Ranked #18 of 291 Tours in Santiago
More attraction details
Owner description: I am Hector Medina, Chief Manager of HecTour and Specialist of Bilingual Tour, Transfer & Accommodation Services. My studies are based on business administration. I had the opportunity to improve my English studies in USA and my French at the Institute of French Alliance of Viña del Mar city. Upon returning to my land I realized that my vocation was on the tourist side. It is really what I love to do. Since 2004 I have formed a group of local tour guides and drivers very knowledgeable in the areas where we live. Our main concern is to provide a unique travel experience to each client by making them experiment, a bit of culture, food, landscapes of our country from an interesting perspective. As a "PRIVATE, PERSONALIZED & FLEXIBLE” service, our guests have the opportunity to know or visit what they are really interested in modern, clean and comfortable vehicles. We affirm you that we are totally responsible for your happiness and safety while you are in our care. Our role is critical in the satisfaction of your tour and/or in your business needs. We are passionate and well knowledgeable on every tour and information we provide.
Palo Alto CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Insider's View”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband was in Santiago on business and we decided I would join him as neither of us had traveled extensively in South America. Because my husband was working during the week we decided to hire Hector to show us around Santiago and surrounding areas on Saturday and Sunday. This was a great decision since our time was limited and we love to get a true insider's view of areas we travel to. Hector was delightful, kind, knowledgeable and seemed to pick up quickly on the exact kind of tour my husband and I would enjoy most. (i.e. we want local flavor, not the typical tourist or shopping related spots.) Because Hector was born and raised in the Santiago area, but also studied in NYC for several years, he was exceptionally knowledgeable and passionate about his beautiful country and his English was excellent. One of the things we loved most about Hector was watching him interact with the other local people throughout our drives/tour. He is simply a kind and good person and other people respond to his genuine positivity and respect for everyone we encountered during our travels. Hector does not take incentives from restaurants or other establishments so he really does take you to the places he feels are the best fit for the experience you are looking for. (This is part of why we wanted to be sure to tip him beyond his charge, as he is not making kickbacks from promoting other establishments.) In fact, one of the highlights of our trip out to the coast, was stopping at a simple tiny farming home belonging to a lady who is rumored to make the best empanadas in Chile! It was true!!! Hector knows her through friends and Rosita makes a small number of empanadas on the weekends only to help her with medical bills for her daughter. It was such a lovely experience to visit with her in her neat little home and enjoy her delicious empanadas and a cold glass of Coke. Hector even had us ride a city bus in Valparaiso so we could feel like locals. (He grew up in Valparaiso so he was especially friendly with everyone there.) We've traveled pretty extensively and our experience with Hector was one of the very best we have had. It was just so genuine and he is a lovely person who we felt honored to spend 2 lovely days with.

Scottsdale, Arizona
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“great guide”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Hector is a great guide. We were with Hector for 3 tours. The first to the wine country and he took us to two amazing wineries and a great place for lunch in Las Andes.
The next day we took a tour of Santiago and he took us to all the places we would never go and showed us things we could do on our own.

We then when with him to Valparaiso for the day. Her had another lady who wanted to go and asked us. We agreed and all of us had a great time. We stayed in Valpo and he helped find us a place to stay.

I would recommend Hector to anyone who wants a personalized tour and to have someone who can answer all of your questions.

San Francisco, California
“Excellent Santiago Tour - incredible local insight”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I spent an afternoon exploring the intricacies of Santiago with HecTours and was amazed by the attention to detail and local knowledge he shared. I had been in Santiago touring myself but this guided experience gave me a unique perspective that I would have never received on a standard public tour. I was able to learn about the history, development and cultural changes that have taken place in Santiago over the last several years. We stopped by a few of his favorite restaurants which were not on any guidebook I had seen. His knowledge and passion for providing a unique and tailored experience are always evident as he was able to cater toward my interests and talk in great detail about a number of different topics. I would strongly recommend HecTours for anybody traveling through central Chile who wants a deeper cultural connection.

Los Angeles, California
“3 Days in Santiago”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Hector and his associate helped fill 3 days in Santiago with a tour of the city and two wine regions. Hector was absolutely wonderful. He is extremely knowledgeable, personable and interesting, which made the entire experience wonderful. Although I really enjoyed Santiago, part of the highlight was learning about the city and country through him. It didn't hurt that he is a wine enthusiast! I highly recommend using his service if you are planning a trip to the area!

Visited August 2013
Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Hector is a fantastic guide - a perfect afternoon in Chile!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had 10 hours to kill in Santiago en route from Lima to Australia.

Hector met us at the airport and we had an absolutely wonderful afternoon with him.

We traveled to Valparaiso on the coast (via a totally wonderful winery for a spot of wine-tasting!). We also sampled home-made empanadas along the way, which were delicious.

His knowledge of Chile, its history and its people was very impressive. He is such a friendly guy, and his love of his country is very obvious.

Valparaiso was a wonderful town - the street art is amazing and the funiculars were hair-raising! We had a lovely meal in a beautiful restaurant which he recommended.

10/10 Hector - Thanks so much for a delightful afternoon!

Visited September 2013