“Never Again”

Ranked #129 of 200 Hotels in Santiago
Vina del Mar, Chile
“Never Again”
Reviewed July 26, 2010

1.- My travel was in winter and the room has no heating at all, when I asked for a heater the answer was "It`s not that cold".
2.- They offer free Wi-fi internet connection but when I asked for it, it wasn´t working. (only the first day)
3.- It was hard to open/close the bathroom door and the free space available inside was lowered by a big boiler.
4.- There was a tv-cable connection but not a TV.
5.- Inside the closet I found garbage (plastic bags) and a used spoon.
6.- One night, during my stay, I arrived about 4 o`clock in the morning, and there was nobody to open the door, and when I tried to call the phone number published in the web page, it didn´t work. I have to wait about 10 minutes with my fiancee in the cold.

Considering the rate (U$ 58,00.- per night), not cheap at all, I feel I paid too much for a very poor service. I have stayed in better places, cheaper than this one.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank felipeio
IntiWasiSantiago, Propietario at Intiwasi Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2010
We do our best to deliver a complete and pleasant service at our hostel, but if guests don't tell us if something is wrong and they leave saying all was perfect (like now), what can i expect from this? Almost all our passengers leave delighted and I understand that somebody doesn't, but these critics are fully exaggerated, unreal and drastic and it doesn't deserve so bad calification. Defaming like this isn't understandable because you seemed very good here, without problems during your stay. And we do care about how guests feel at the Hostel. A calification like this is serious and I'll take the time to answer and clarify it.

1. It wasn't actually cold, but if you would have asked for a heater I'd have given it to you. I asked you right in the next morning if you were cold but you said no, in a very nice mood. So, I don't understand the problem.

2. We did have an issue with VTR provider that night but it was solved straight away. Why to blame the Hostel for that?

3. Due to the earthquake many doors and frames went bad, we are sorry about it but it's now absolutely solved. I don't see it like a reason to complain about, was it really drastic?.

Yes, we have a boiler but what you say is untrue, there's still good space to move and the boiler doesn't even bother. Sorry about it, but the Hostels are like this, perhaps if you look for a really big Bathroom without boilers, the Hotels have high and better options that may suit you.

4. If you check my emails I never offered a room with TV cable, so under my discretion there's no valid reason to complain for a not given service. Even though we have now TV cable in rooms, we always offer it on our emails.

5. We're sorry about the plastic bags in the closet, first and last time it happens, our maid does a great work but she can mistake sometimes. Feels bad that you never told us about it until this critic, that would has been the best, so we clean inmediately. But under any circumstance it was gargage/rubbish, only some shopping bags and a spoon left hidden.

6. Just one day ago (back then) we changed our telephone number, unfortunately our web page remained with the old number only for the night you saw it, was bad luck, we are sorry about it anyway. I wonder why you phoned instead of ringing the bell, as it rang, I opened the door for you, It's untrue that there was nobody to open the door, you draw a very drastic and exaggerated situation.

Our rates are really affordable for our location, in the best neighborhood of Providencia, not expensive at all if you compare with Aparts and Hotels around, we offer a great value rate / quality, even for a Hostel standard. Santiago Downtown or Brazil neighborhood offer lower prices, you might try over there.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)