“Wish we had Osaka back home”
Review of Osaka

Osaka
Ranked #10 of 4,828 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Las Condes
Description: Sensational Nikkei Sushi (Japanese with Peruvian fusion, in a wild adventure of typical Peruvian ingredients conjured by Oriental cooking techniques , let your chopsticks push the boundaries of contemporary cusine art. Just as spectacular is the wall fountain, a calming and inspiring flow of trickling water to set the mood and tone for your evening. Perch at the sushi bar to get up close and personal with the day's finest and freshest, and see your seafood come to live under the sensational skills of our chefs
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have visited Santiago every August for the past few years and always have dinner at Osaka each time. I am not a big fan of "nouveau" Japanese (I much prefer Matsuhisa over Nobu) but Osaka marries Peruvian, Japanese and international influences in a beautiful way. Ceviche is reinterpreted with things like shiso leaf, scallion, mango or red peppercorns. Carpassion is a salmon sashimi dressed with a passion fruit infused sauce and garnished with crisp phyllo. The duck confit is mouthwatering and the whitefish skewers topped with ginger and scallion are reminiscent of Chinese steamed fish. Portions are reasonable and good for eating family style. Come here if you enjoy raw fish, big flavors and savory meats. The front reception service is a bit cool but the waiters have always been great. Located in the W Hotel, you can finish a late dinner with a drink at the rooftop bar.

3  Thank SnowjoHK

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Amazing Peruvian Japanese fusion cuisine at not too insane prices, for the quality this is a must visit place in Santiago. It's not the best peruvian food in the city but it is definitely ranked one the top restaurants for a good reason! Vayanse!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is without doubt the best meal I have had in Santiago after a month of hunting for good food. It is, however, also the most expensive one. Osaka is the kind of restaurant that I am keen on making a return trip.

The Makizushi with cevich we ordered was full of flavors, with the rice done right (many sushi places including authentic sushi places with japanese chefs in Santiago do not do the rice justice), I notice one of the Japanese reviewered claimed that the quality of the food in Osaka is not comparable to the quality of food in a Japanese convenience store. I really disagree with his remark. I have spent a total of more than six months of my life in different parts of Japan, and I made numerous attempts to eat well. While the price you pay in Osaka will perhaps bring you fresher and better food in Japan, it is NOT true that Japanese convenience store food is even comparable to the food in Osaka. Osaka is not a Japanese restaurant, serving peruvian-Japanese fusión instead. And I think the combination is beauitiful.

The Tradito we had of salmon is also innovative and full of flavors. I highly recommend it. On the other hand, I did not like the Loco nigirizushi as much. I guess abalone is perhaps not very suitable for sushis.

Finally, the dessert, though costly, is impressive. I am happy to have made a price for it.

So overall, I recommend Osaka without any reservation.

2  Thank pclslyj
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to try fish, but not just the average type. So I found this place, which is hidden inside the W Hotel. It's on the fourth floor, not easy to find unless somebody tells you. The food is extremely good. The service excellent. The place is a bit small, so you rather have reservations unless you go on your on I want to sit at the bar.

1  Thank Colesterol
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Hidden inside W Hotel Santiago this restaurant makes one of the best peruvian food I have tasted.
The place is quite modern and hosts a diverse and sofisticated public
The service is fast and very welcoming.
Try the "mariscos al fuego" as apetizer.