“Great hotel hotel however”

Le Reve Hotel Boutique
Ranked #3 of 204 Hotels in Santiago
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I would like to echo the positive reviews of previous reviewers however, I feel the small rooms and small bathrooms are a negative (superior king room). My wife and I found it impossible to have a shower without water leaking out onto the bathroom floor. We booked a superior king room through Bookings.com, the description on our voucher did match room. The description matched a suite when this was pointed out to the staff upon check in they had no hesitation in upgrading us to a suite. A great hotel for a business traveller. Close to restaurants and underground.

• Stayed: August 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,116)

Reviewed September 3, 2012

It is a small hotel with very nice people working here. My husband became ill and they could not have been of more assistance. The breakfast is very good and the room was on the small size but very nice. There was a problem with our reservation but they were very helpful is solving the problem.

Room Tip: The 4th floor room was smaller
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed at both Meridiano Sur Petit and Le Reve during our stay in Santiago (both recommended by tripadvisor). I would have to say the Le Reve is worth the extra bucks. The room was of a much higher quality and a good size, the breakfast had a good selection, the service was great, and the location was great.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Providencia is a good location, the hotel is nice, the bed was a little soft but nothing terrible. If you are a light sleeper avoid room 305, there is music until 2am from the club behind. I found service to be outstanding from the manager, the young bell boy, and the Chef, others at the reception were busy on their mobile phones. The main room is nicely decorated, breakfast and wifi are complimentary, I was on a 2 week business trip and arrived on a sunday, the manager was extremely helpful getting my laundry done, I truly appreciated it. Several great dinning options close by.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This was my second stay at Le Reve, and I plan to return each time I am in Santiago. The hotel is simply superb. Great central location close to shops, businesses, transportation and restaurants, in a safe and pleasant area of Santiago. The staff is very attentive, knowledgeable, eager to help, and efficient. You get personalized attention and feel as if you were at home. Rooms are comfortable, and for a longer stay I was given a slightly larger room that allowed me to work and relax. Their bed linens are absolutely phenomenal, I need to find out what type they use to get some for my own home! Their late-night snack is a nice free add-on. In nice weather, there is a beautiful patio to enjoy as well. You cannot find anything better than Le Reve!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street are actually the most quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The hotel is absolutely beautiful, rooms are very well decorated and the linens are the best EVER. The extremely comfortable beds almost over compensate for the loud noises outside, that wake you up throughout your sleep (deliveries, people passing by, tour van pick-up, etc...)

We loved the open honor bar concept (even though we didn't use it) and the late night open kitchen for snacks, juices and coffee.

The breakfast was mediocre, but the ambiance makes up for it, in the quaint surroundings.

Employees were exceptionally accomodating. Unfortunately, no one bothered to offer a solution when we checked-out due to inability to sleep, because of noise. We only ended up somewhere worse (unable to breath) at the Hotel Neruda and currently trying to figure out which hotel to go to now. If we didn't value our sleep so much, we'd go back to Le Reve.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CarolHonkanen
hotellerevespa, Gerente at Le Reve Hotel Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear Mrs. Honkanen :

I really wish I would have had the opportunity to speak with you in person before you had left. I am sorry to hear that your stay in our hotel was not perfect due to the outside noise, and also of your bad experience in the other hotel . Thank you for sharing your comments, I have spoken to our team about your experience, and we are looking for ways in which we can improve on this. Feel free to contact us for your next visit to Santiago, we can assure you it will be different

Warmest regards

Ruben Soto
Hotel Manager

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We were fortunate enough to have seven wonderful nights at this beautiful gem of a boutique hotel while visiting relatives. From special accomodation in terms of changing our reservations to a longer stay and bigger room, arranging vineyard tours, getting taxis and being completely helpful in all aspects of our stay - we can only give them the highest accolades and recommendations. The front desk staff were incomparably friendly; making you feel you were truly a special guest. Requests for luggage storage before leaving and curiosity about fruit trees in the courtyard were all met with unhesitating generosity.
We really felt that the room and linens created an environment of luxury and comfort..."like sleeping on a cloud". Room 403 is large and quiet...the staff had recently spoken to the club owners nearby and we can honestly say that we were not disturbed by late night noise.
We're still missing the lovely pain au chocolat for breakfast! If we return to Santiago...this will always be home and the place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends