“Best hotel in Santiago”

Ranked #3 of 196 Hotels in Santiago
mexico city
“Best hotel in Santiago”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

It's not that the building itself is beautiful, nor the lovely decor or the fresh and lush patio in the back. It is the staff. They'll make you feel at home. Will definitely come back here. Only drawback is the rooms are a little small.

Room Tip: Pick a patio view room
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Golden, Colorado
Reviewed February 13, 2012

My husband and I wanted to find a quiet, boutique type of hotel during our week's visit in December. We joined our son who was teaching English in one of the colleges. We could not have picked a better spot. The neighborhood was quiet, yet easily accessable, the rooms were clean and quiet, and I cannot say enough about the staff members. Every person in this small establishment was delightful and helpful. The restaurants which were recommended to us, exceeded our expectations. Having to spend Christmas Eve there turned into a pleasurable experience (most of Santiago shuts down), as we were recommended a restaurant located across the street which could not have been more lovely, quaint, excellent in food and atmosphere and provided a terrific evening spent with fellow non-observers in what turned out to be a stone's throw away from our hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a small, friendly, quality hotel while visiting the great city of Santiago!

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from the street. Our room was located on the third floor overlooking the co...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Laguna Niguel, California
Reviewed February 13, 2012

This is a lovely boutique hotel in a very good area of Santiago. The rooms, while small, were spotless. The staff is amazing, very friendly and hospitable. The location is great and there are numerous restaurants and shops within one block of the hotel. I love this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for one with a terrace. I believe there are two. While the room is fairly small, the terrace i...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Escazu, Costa Rica
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Travelling with my wife friend and his girl. Decided to stay at this hotel because of the great reviews given to Gabriel. We didn't really know what we were going to do there but figured Gabriel would help.

The hotel is nice enough beds a little soft but had no problem with the room itself.

First day we asked where we could,go and get a massage and where the girls could shop. Concierge gave us a map with a couple areas with shops and the address to a "great" massage place. We like to walk everywhere for exercise so off we went.
15 minutes to the massage parlour, closed down I would guess months, an hour or two later arrive where the shops were on the map, but no shops. Found a mall on the map went there.
He had also told us of a movie theater that was quite far, meantime there was one at the mall much closer.
Next day we explain to him, no apologies, nice guy.
Had a 9:30 tour same morning to go wine tasting. Didnt start until 10, apparantly Gabriel didn't get that memo.
Get in the car and start talking wirh our tour guide, very rude guy tunrs out. This guy works for Le Reve. Turns out its not a wine tour its a 2 hour ride to Valapraiso, 2 hour walk through the hills and 2 hours back to hotel.
So we just tell them to drop us in Valpraiso and we will find our own way back, they agree for $180 what a joke.
I call the hotel from the beach to let them know we will be checking out 2 days early.
Now eating around the corner will check out in the morning wanted to get the review done while fresh in my mind.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. Don't take their tours, they will mislead.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
16 Thank Andrew1971Scott
hotellerevespa, Manager at Le Reve Hotel Boutique, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for the quick review you wrote upon check out . I am sorry that services recommended by the staff did not full your expectations at all as they normally do .
I read the security night report early this morning , and I agree with you that for your next stay in Santiago you should go somewhere else
Warmest Regards
Ruben Soto
Hotel Manager
Paris, Tennessee
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I spent two nights at Le Reve and it was a great experience. This small hotel is so quaint and friendly. Copa Airlines lost my luggage and the hotel staff was a big help in getting it to me. I speak no Spanish and the staff made all my arrangements. I was also able to bill taxi fare to my room. I must say that this is the best service I have experienced in any hotel, anywhere in the world. Gabriel at the front desk was especially helpful and I owe him my thanks.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
B.C
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I stayed here both times I came through Santiago. The hotel is lovely, it is i a great location, the courtyard is beautiful, the front desk staff we so kind and helpful. My favorite part was the honor bar in the evenings and the petite pain au chocolate croissants in the morning. Will definitely stay here again next time I am in Santiago.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed January 28, 2012

We chose with some friends to stay at this hotel in Santiago and we were not disapointed.
It is homy, the service is wonderful, the staff is very friendly and would do anything
To please you. The location is great. They have a lovely back yard open for breakfast
Until late evening. The only draw-back is that there is no room service or food served
For lunch or dinner, but just snacks.
I definetely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The suites are a better deal than the standard room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends