“Best price-quality relation in Santiago”
Review of Le Bistrot

Le Bistrot
Ranked #9 of 4,644 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In the heart of Providencia in 2010, Bistromania was born: a simple idea in a welcoming environment mixing old-time gastronomy with the great French classics. By bringing a slice of France to Chile, our goal was to conquer Chilean tastebuds and to take travelling French palates back home with our gourmet dishes in the bistrot style.Gaetan Eonet and his team invite you to their world, a simple space that reminds you of home, to discover or return to those traditional flavors...Welcome and... bon appetit !
Santiago, Chile
“Best price-quality relation in Santiago”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I keep going back to Le Bistrot. An excellent wine list (and by-glass selection), excellent prices, excellent service, and brilliant food. Wouldn't change a thing. Reservations are needed for most nights of the week. Well worth the effort.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Caracas, Venezuela
“a nice hidden place”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

went without a reservation to try our luck. They seated us outside, which was a great option, even in winter. The service was excelent, not what you expect in chile. Food was great and in very large portions, rare for a french bistrot. Lapin greatm bouef greatm creppes great, bread and pate very yummy! Overall great experience. Would totally go again!

1 Thank Andreina R
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Very good and casual”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

It was a rainy winter evening, but the restaurant was quite welcoming. My escargot starter was very tasty I could lick the plate. One friend had beef carpaccio which he enjoyed very much, the other had cheese with ravigote sauce which he ate but will not try again. Every one seems to enjoy the main dishes. We tried the boeuf bourguignon, canard a l'orange and beef filet. The portion is plenty, but thankfully not that big which allowed us to have the dessert: creme brulee, banana flambe with rum and profiteroles. Delicious. The price was very reasonable.

1 Thank EZCMa
Santiago, Chile
“Piece of glass in my food!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Everything was fine until I found a piece of glass in my food! Fortunately I didn`t get inured.
The waiter was next to our table when this happened and he offered to change the order for another one at the same price, nothing else! I was expecting something like "we apologize order anything you want at our cost" This was my first disappontment....
When I asked for a foi gras (which is my favorite) then they said "no, not that one".....then I was totally disappointed.
Getting cheap on clients when you´ve made a major mistake speaks poorly of commitment to service.

• Visited October 2011
6 Thank Ignacio V
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very good, unassuming French restaurant”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I have to say, this restaurant deserves it rating. I have been there 2 times, and the food was excellent both times, and service was also pretty good. The steak tartare is absoutely fabulous, as is their starter with French cheeses and sausages. Moreover, servings are generous. Prices are reasonnable.

This is not a restaurant serving local cuisine, obviously, but if you are in Santiago and want to have a French meal, this is an excellent option (Normandie, close by, is also pretty good).

• Visited May 2012