“Great Hotel in a quiet and safe area”

Radisson Blu Santiago La Dehesa
Ranked #42 of 202 Hotels in Santiago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Santiago is a wonderful city to visit. Great people, food (seafood a must) and very safe. You are very close to the mountains for skiing and also to the beach.
The Hotel experience was very good with great service, care for details, very good location, rooms and food.
I recommend this Hotel. It's a pretty new building with great quality details.
On the other hand you also have the benefit (not always ideal) of staying ay a chain Hotel (miles, etc.).
I stayed for business and all meeting rooms facilities are also very convenient.
I recommend you have this very good hotel as an excellent option in Santiago.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank rodarg

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Everyone at this hotel made my stay a pleasant one (5 nights) from the staff at check-in to the hotel taxi drivers. The hotel was 5 minutes from where I had to work that week so for me it was convenient. On the other hand I would not recommend it for people who want to be in the downtown Santiago area, who want local Chilean food from the market, want to shop in the downtown shops, or need to work in downtown because with traffic you can spend at least 30 minutes in a taxi which is expensive compared to the local transportation. If you do stay here an need some distractions, there is a mall across the street with a supermarket, international known labels (Nine West, Lacoste, Patagonia), theater, courtyard, and restaurants. I never ate at the hotel restaurant since colleagues took me to the Vitacura area for Peruvian food which is quite popular there (be prepared to pay about USD $25 for an entree in that area). I highly recommend taking a day trip (or a few day trips) to Viña del Mar and Valparaiso. It is easily accessible by bus. Have the hotel taxi take you to the bus station Alameda. At Alameda you can walk up to the Tur-Bus or Pullman Bus windows and ask for a ticket to one of those locations. It's nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city in Santiago and head to a port town like Valparaiso, eat local seafood, walk along the beach, look at some arts and crafts at local fairs, listen to some Chilean Spanish (in Santiago you may hear more English in some areas, especially the mall across the street), eat some empanadas, take the metro along the Valparaiso port. If you have 2-3 days I recommend you stay at the Sheraton Miramar Hotel along the ocean in Viña del Mar and take advantage of their central location, waterviews, and spa (sauna will have you facing the ocean). Just a thought for those of you with time and curiosity about other areas in Chile. I will definitely return to the Radisson Petra La Dehesa because it was convenient for me for work, the staff was friendly (Anselmo the taxi driver who took me to the Alameda bus station was not only courteous but we had a lovely conversation about indigenous languages, histories, and bilingualism), and even took care of my random request to hold some of the manjar and mermelada that I purchased in Olmue. They also considered my last minute room service request late at night and worked with my request to give me some snacks even after kitchen closed. Overall it was a pleasant stay and I plan on returning. Next time I return I'll use the pool and spa and will review those facilities. On this visit I didn't have opportunities to do so.

Room Tip: ask for the view facing the mountains not the building
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mundo-es-un-libro
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We stayed here for work for two weeks and I almost get crazy from being bored.
This hotel is not close to any public transportation but taxis which to go downtown will cost you a lot. The good thing is that it has a mall across the street full of places to wonder around and even a supermarket inside.
The staff is very friendly, it has a wonderful gym inside and a great staff with wonderful therapists but if you are like me that likes to go out and wonder about the city and meet people do not stay here unless you have a car, stay somewhere where you get access to the subway.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2014

There was not any big problem i can report, it was more a few small details, that in sum, afected negatibly my feeling with this hotel. To begin with the view: The garden view had nothing to do with a garden, later the spa had run out of towels by the time we got there and me and my husband had to share a towel and the pool is technicaly not a pool, it's 1mt deep (almost 4 feet)... Finally, everithing you might need at the restaurant at dinner or breakfast has to be asked at least twice.
The most positive aspect is the predisposition of personnel to solve request. To be honest we were changed to a Mountain view room, very quickly and without any trouble.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view, theres no garden!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I am a frequent business traveler, and chose this hotel for its location as my client is 5 minutes away. The hotel is not in the downtown area, and a cab to the downtown are will set you back around US$25 and 30 minutes, so that's important to know. But, if it makes sense for you to stay west of the city, Petra la Dehesa is a good choice. The hotel is in good shape, and the breakfast was decent (fruits, breads, cereals, and a small selection of hot meals like eggs and bacon). The only odd thing about this hotel is that there is no door to the bathroom area. Both the shower and the toilet are behind a glass door that is partially see-through. If you're sharing a room with someone, this is really strange. I was traveling alone, but this would be awkward for even the closest of couples. Forget business colleagues! There's a really nice mall right across the street and it includes a Jumbo (like US Target stores), so you can stock up on snacks and anything else you might need.

Room Tip: Get a room on the mountain side.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The hotel seems very Hi-tech, with plenty of dark stone (wood like) everywhere.
The service is ok, nice breakfast, big rooms, and two - not big enough, but nice swimming pools.
One thing that annoyed me so much in the room; the hotel provides just two small lamps in the room. At night you can't find anything, I stumbled & kicked everywhere feeling like a blind man. Hopefully, I have a Smartphone with a lamplight application...

Finally, the worse is in front of us, which is:....location location & location. This spoils everything.
The only place next to you is a nice & very expensive Mall.
Almost forgot, and very important, I don't understand why there is always heavy traffic to the center (very very slow).

Conclusion, the price is far too high for the location.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We spent 2 months in this hotel. Location is in a very elite and upmarket area, but quiet far away from the hub. You need to get buses if you do not have a car to go anywhere in Santiago. To go to center it takes approx 45 min depending on the driving and traffic . Not much restaurants in the area, and apart from 2 at the mall all other resturants clsed on Sun and Mon.There s a very nice and modern mall in front of hotel with chic shops and a supermarket. You will find laundry services, hairdressing saloons , pharmacy, and also coffee shops and a few resturants at this mall. The hotel itself is very modern a block of concrete and very cold. The colour scheme throughout the hotel is monochrome without any touch of colour. The fitted carpets throughout the hotel is black. The walls grey and paintings grey and black. The wardrobes painted black. The door also black. Believe me spending two months in this room with these boring colours gets to you. The set up of the floors resemble a prison, cause you have all the rooms on all floors visible from ground floor up to the sixth floor. The Internet in the room is a total disaster. My husband had practically an office set up in room cause we were here on duty and Internet service was to the utmost importance for us to send mails. It was very frustrating every day trying o send mail. Also we were a group of 18 people who were all away from families for 2 months and we used to communicate by wifi to make our calls, but again that was next to impossible . We used to complain but they always promised us it will be upgraded and it never was. The rooms were large and comfortable but very gloomy. The bathrooms of most of the rooms were part of the bedroom without any privacy. The toilet and shower have glass doors and you are practically exposed to everyone who might enter the room! The sink is a farse. A slanting slab of mosaic where you have no access to drain. So you cannot fill up sink, and if something falls in the actual sink basen you definitely cannot get it. Because of this stupid idea of a sink, it is often blocked with water flowing everywhere. The pool area is a joke. It is like they remembered that they had to fit in a pool and simply found the smallest place ever to place it. Very small pool area surrounded with blockrete walls. We had laundry service but stopped using it when clothes started shrinking , loose their colour and also torn. To top it all we had clothes mixed up. The breakfast was a a total disaster. Most of the time the very small bowl of salad was not fresh, the bread used to be stale , the cheese all dried up since they take them out early and by the time we used to go down to breakfast everything was dried up. The ham used to be off, the fruit like melon and water melon when you take the last bottom lot would be off. The juices all added with water. There were times when they were out of butter and also eggs.This is definitely not a Radisson standard breakfast! We had dinner at the hotel twice and that is the only good thing I can say about this hotel. The food was cooked perfectly and very good. The reception staff were very helpful and spoke some English . Daniela was a great help. Thank you for everything, you tried your best every time. They were doing some painting of the rooms and we had to change rooms, some of us even 4 times. Unbelievable. If it were for me I would never choose this hotel ever again

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
EMONDACA, Gerente at Radisson Blu Santiago La Dehesa, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear Mrs Jennifer:
First of all on behalf of all staff the Radisson Petra La Dehesa, I thank you for your comments, which will evaluate and we will make the changes needed to improve on those points where we are weakest.
We always deliver and each of our guests an excellent service where professionalism and delivery of the hotel staff to our guests is our daily motivation. We therefore hope that your next stay in your experience that much better.
Regards.