“Comfortable & convenient”

Radisson Blu Santiago La Dehesa
Ranked #37 of 202 Hotels in Santiago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We were on a one-week business trip and stayed in a gracious corner suite. The sixth floor room offered panoramic views of Santiago. The bathroom stall leaves much need to be desired as you were on display (for the most part). The toilet stall door is glass with portions that can be seen through by anyone sharing a room with you. Even the closest couples want privacy sometimes.

A mall is conveniently located across the street providing access to everything from groceries (Jumbo) to Starbucks, movie theater & traditional shopping options. Breakfast was included and quite acceptable. The restaurant outside of breakfast isn't anything to write home about.

We would return despite the bathroom stall issues. The stay was quite lovely overall.

Room Tip: A higher floor is better both for the view and for less street noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I often like to review the hotel again as things may change with time.

Rooms are still very comfortable, personnel in general extremely helpful and willing to serve. Sometimes the restaurant personnel may be overwhelmed, especially at peak hours and when the hotel is at capacity, but they will gladly accommodate requests (imagine, needed lactose free milk and by the next morning they had it), just plan accordingly. Adolfo who has been a great waiter for a long time is still one of the best. Food is good quality and with a large assortment.

I still would recommend having a bit more light in the rooms. This time I had an Executive Room, it was huge, even with a jacuzzi. One more thing that they need to work on, the WiFi signal is weak when working inside the room, you may need to try a few times if you are downloading large files.

This time I would like to mention and give my sincere appreciation to Hector (Front Desk), from the moment I arrived he recognized that I am a frequent guest, he took very good care of me and always with a smile, called me by my name and shook my hand.

I have been here many times and will not change, next time, Radisson Petra La Dehesa again.

Room Tip: If you can get it, 501 is a great one.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CandyManMia
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Radisson Petra La Dehesa is a great option if you have a car in Santiago...in one of the best neighborhoods in town, is very nice, but far from city center...but is the ultimate location to go skiing.

We stayed there for a week, and the service was good, rooms are very confortable and they have a very nice gym + pool area.

Just across the street you will find a mall with some dining options...and around the corner a Johnny Rockets restaurant...great choice for kids.

I have to agree with other reviews that internet is very poor in room. It works very well on public areas, but when you get to your room, only a few spots can catch a signal.

We had 2 problems during our stay:

First, when we arrived they only had 1 reservation altough we booked 2 rooms…we were tired, hungry etc…Instead of sending us to our rooms while they figured it out with hotels.com, they kept all our family waiting at the lobby. They were friendly trying to help, but could be a little more creative in giving us a warm welcome.

The second issue was that they were building a covered area for an event, and kept construction after midnight…we complained 3 times but they kept going on…with hammers, drillers etc…this night definitely wasn’t the best during our stay.

To finish, restaurant staff that works during breakfast could me more friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cenobre
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Plus
convenient home in business district, mall across the street, easy transport to everywhere, helpful staff for business event, wifi, welcome drink, bar menu, room service and breakfast choices all very good.

Minus
it was SO cold in the bar, breakfast room and meeting facilities- we had to basically wear our coats. Lighting in the room is random - sort of dark, doors block the light etc.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank krisis
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I spent two weeks at this hotel while working in Santiago.
The hotel is pretty new and beautiful, the rooms are modern and comfortable and the gym is huge.
On the other hand, service is terrible. None of the things I requested ( not even very basic ones, as ice or a spoon) was promptly attended. Some times I had to call the reception 3 times and wait for 2 hours to get what I requested.
The restaurant is also a disaster. They always deliver something completely different from what is described in the menu.
I do not intent to stay there again, especially in case of a long stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Ludmila M
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I've stayed several times at this hotel by now. The service is very good, from the taxi transfer from the airport to the check-out, through the welcome drink.
Wi-fi access is free and works very well all over the hotel.
The rooms are spacious and well kept, decoration is very pleasant and modern. The only minus here would be the switches for the lights, which you have to turn off one by one as there is no general switch by the bedside table, as in other hotels.
The outdoors swimming pool is not very big, but good enough to relax.
No doubt, I'll be coming back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Sebiel
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed at the Radisson Petra La Dehesa April 2013. When we arrived we were greeted right away by a staff member. The hotel had a room available for early check in.

The rooms are spacious and nicely appointed. The bathroom while absolutely lovely provides no privacy. There is no door and is wide open. The shower leaked all over the bathroom floor even though maintenance had come up to do a repair. The sink was not user friendly. The water splashed all over the place because it was a slab on an angle and it was difficult to brush your teeth etc. without making a mess. Another issue we had was with the noise. You can hear everything from people downstairs coming and going because of the openness. It is especially noisy when there is a special event in the downstairs rooms.

The restaurant is lovely and they have a lovely breakfast buffet included with the room every
morning with a friendly staff. The food is not bad.

The spa was "interesting". I had a massage and eyelash dyeing. I was put in what felt like a hospital room with glaring light and a chair to put my clothes on. While receiving my massage the therapists phone vibrated in my ear. She read her text message, responded and then we continued on. While having my eye lashes tinted I was left on the massage table and had to endure another hour flat on my back with the lights glaring. Also, the music was this loud salsa type that made me want to dance not relax. While the tinting was being processed she didn't leave the room but instead sat in her chair near my head and did her text messages while we waited 20 minutes for the first part of the treatment. Also, it was noisy outside because they don't come in early to clean so I listened to banging, doors opening and closing loud etc. I definitely would not go back to the spa.

Also, it is quite a bit away from the city center so there weren't many choices of where to eat and much to see except for the mall across the street. The best part of our stay was the friendly staff.

Room Tip: Be as far away from the front of the hotel entrance and the elevators as possible.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business