“superb accommodation and extremely helpful hosts”
other travelers have booked this property
Home from Home 1 - bedroom Home from Home 1 - hall
Home from Home 2 - lobby
Home from Home 2 - entrance to building
Home from Home 2 - Barrio Paris-Londres, half a block from the building
La Moneda - located 2 blocks away from both apartments
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Christine...
Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California
“Compact and Clean”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

My review of this unit is mixed. When we arrived we went to the address provided to find out that was not our apartment location. We were driven eight blocks farther away to a similar building. Immediately we felt uncomfortable about the transaction. We could have not taken the unit, however, we had no alternative at the time.
Although it is a very clean place, it is very small and did not accomodate 3 adults. I blame myself for choosing this unit as the square footage is stated in the description. Our adult daughter had to get a hotel for most of our Santiago stay which was expensive and took away from the experience. In addition we could not all access WiFi in the apartment. We asked the owners about this but they insisted that we should all be able to use our computers at the same time. This was not the case
My second concern was the location which is not the best for tourists. If you are doing business with the government this is the spot for you. All tourist areas with good places to eat and drink such as Santa Lucia and Bella Vista are between 25 and 50 minutes walk. This unit is located in the downtown area.
On the other hand, Barbara was very nice and tried to be helpful when we needed something. So if you need a very clean and nicely furnished apartment then this is a good deal but check out the details to see if the size of the unit and location will work for you.

Liked best: clean apartment
Liked least: location and size
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Aug 19, 2013
Hi Chris,

Thanks very much for your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed certain aspects of your stay with us and obviously I'm disappointed we didn't fully meet your expectations.

As you mentioned, the square footage is accurately stated in the description, and I truly and sincerely feel that it is adequate for three adults - we have had groups of up to four adults stay there without a problem, and I always let groups of four know about the size of the apartment before they book, as I don't want to set false expectations. I hope your daughter took advantage of the hotel recommendations we provided, as I think they offer a good price/quality ratio and are close to the apartment.

I'm also disappointed about the mix-up with the apartment location. We did change your booking from one building to the other due to illness of a guest who had to extend his stay unexpectedly, but we provided you with the correct address prior to your arrival. Unfortunately I think this was an honest mix-up and I'm sorry that it made you feel uncomfortable - that is the last thing we want our guests to feel.

Location-wise, our apartments are located very close to many tourist sights including La Moneda, iglesia San Francisco, and only a 10 min walk to Plaza de Armas, Santa Lucia, etc. To walk to Bellavista is about 50 mins as you mentioned, but a taxi ride will get you there in 10 mins and will cost around $4. Our apartments are also located close to the metro, with Bellavista only 3 stops away at Baquedano.

Thank you for your kind words about the cleanliness of the apartment and Bárbara's efforts and again, I'm sorry we didn't meet all of your expectations. We'll certainly take them into account for future visits, as we want all of our guests to enjoy their time here.

New Zealand
Reviewed July 25, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Jul 25, 2013
Hi Sam and Keryn,

Great to hear from you, and thanks very much for your kind words. We're glad you enjoyed your stay - we certainly enjoyed having you as guests. Hope to see you again some time soon!

Lawrence...
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Location and helpful owners”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

We stayed 5 nights at this apartment with two young children. The place is safe and the security guards are approachable and friendly. The apt is well-equipped for us to cook some simple meal and there is a convenience store just beside the building. Taking the metro is convenient which is just a 10 mins walk away. Barbara has even arranged for us a vineyard visit and gave us the direction to make our way there by metro helping us to save some cab money.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Traveling group: Young Children
Jun 21, 2013
Hi Juin and Lawrence,

Thanks very much for leaving your comments - we're really glad you enjoyed your stay, and we certainly enjoyed having you as guests. I hope we'll see you back in Santiago one day!

New York
Reviewed June 10, 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Jun 10, 2013
Hi Nate,

Thanks very much for your kind words. We enjoyed having you and glad you had a good trip. Hope to see you back in Santiago soon!

Las Vegas
Reviewed February 6, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Feb 6, 2013
Hi Dave and Lise,

Thanks very much for your kind comments, and we're really glad you enjoyed yourselves. Hope to see you back as soon as you're able.

FL_JandJ
NE Florida
“Clean, comfortable apartment in a convenient location.”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 for a stay in November 2012

I had never arranged to stay in a private residence in another country prior to this. The reviews provided by previous travelers and the e-mails I exchanged with the owner made me feel that I should do it. The owners turned out to be very friendly, helpful and trustworthy. The front desk people were also very friendly and helpful.

The apartment was very clean and comfortable and in an excellent location. A couple of blocks from grocery stores and La Moneda (and the Metro stop there). Easy walking distance to restaurants, Plaza de Armas with the cathedral, the central market, shopping, Santa Lucia hill, and the Lastarria and Bellavista neighborhoods.

The apartment had wi-fi and television, but no telephone, which was not a problem for us. The kitchen was fully equipped and had modern appliances. We had adequate space for the two of us, but any more than two adults and a child might make it seem a bit crowded.

I would definately stay there again.

Liked best: Cleanliness, comfort, location
Liked least: There was also a little street noise occasionally, but I am a very light sleeper.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Jan 26, 2013
Jack, thank you very much for your kind comments. I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay and hope we'll see you again some time in the future!

SeeYouInA...
Southfield, Michigan
“Santiago in 4 Days”
Reviewed December 9, 2012 for a stay in November 2012
people found this review helpful

This was a great place to stay. When we got to to the apartment we were greeted promptly by Ben and he provided a great overview of the area. The apartment is well kept and very clean. Location is great, and is in walking distance to the metro line and other key destination points. There are a few dining options in the area, however I recommend going to Bella Vista or Plaza De Aramas to eat.

Liked best: Location
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing