“Excellent location, perfect for couples.”
Review of Amistar Apartments

Amistar Apartments
Ranked #29 of 494 Specialty Lodging in Santiago
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My partner and I stayed in a one bedroom apartment for one night and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The apartment was modern and had everything we needed for a comfortable stay, including full kitchen facilities and reliable wifi. Amistar is located in a residential apartment block, close to St Lucia hill. When we first arrived at the groundfloor reception area we had to wait about 10-15 minutes for one of the Amistar staff to take us to the second floor which is actually where the reception area is located. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Would recommend for couples. There is a fold out couch but the room might be a bit crammed for 3 people.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AnitaNZ6
There are newer reviews for Amistar Apartments

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed here with 2 other people, a couple. Though my room was very small it was clean as was the whole suite. The reception desk was very friendly and let me keep my suitcases in their closet for a few days while I traveled around after studying in Argentina. Also in a very great neighborhood. Though beware the pool is only for the summer time.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom we had had one double bed and the other room had bunk beds, the top bunk would have be...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Dalemma2622
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Amistar Apart'hotel! It is really an apartment but I enjoyed this as it made me feel like I was very briefly living in downtown Santiago. Our two-bedroom apartment/suite was very comfortable and up to date and was very well located. The main gentleman at the reception desk/room was INCREDIBLY helpful and friendly. I think his name was Ricardo. He went out of his way to help us organize excursions that were off the beaten path in the wine regions. The only reasons for giving 4/5 instead of a full 5 rating are 1)the indoor pool and fitness were big reasons we chose this hotel, but the fitness room had no treadmill and the indoor pool was unheated/seasonal. I would have liked to know that ahead of time; at least you'll have this information that I lacked. The other reason was that the cleaning staff removed my dirty towel and didn't replace it, which was inconvenient. Overall a great stay that I would recommend!

Room Tip: They have some loft rooms with views of the mountains!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank tinkerbell722
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Very well priced for Santiago. Rather than being a hotel, these are really short stay apartments. We booked a "room" for 3 people and our apartment was compact with 2 bedrooms (one had bunk beds and the other had a queen sized bed), a small living room (just room for a couch) and a small kitchen with bar area. It would be great for a family who wanted to cook a few meals at home or budget conscious travelers who wanted to save money by cooking themselves. It is also a great way to cheaply house more than 2 people. The location is great, right by the center of town. Walking distance to many sights. The apartment itself is not charming and has the most basic of rental furnishings, linens, etc. Because it's not a hotel and you have to wait in the lobby until someone comes to take you to another "tower" to check in, the check in process takes a very long time. There was internet in our apartment and it went out for a while - we contacted the office and they fixed it right away.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank ES442
Reviewed August 11, 2012

As the name implies, this is a hybrid. No reception desk, rather a small office on the second floor. The building looks like an office or apartment building from the outside with no name of the apart hotel on the outside. Personnel VERY friendly and helpful. Change of sheets and towels once a week but daily simple cleaning service. Kitchen well stocked with utensils. Lots of storage space. Large TV. enormous supermarket downstairs so we always made our own breakfast and sometimes lunch or dinner. Location perfect near a walking street. We're able to store luggage while we traveled elsewhere in Chile. Perfect for our needs.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NancyKTokyo
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This hotel has a great location in Santiago -- but travelers need to be alert and don't let them pull the classic "bait and switch" technique like they did on us. I reserved (and paid for) a 2-bedroom apartment through an on-line booking service (Orbitz) but when I checked into the hotel, I was given only a 1-bedroom apartment. When I questioned the front desk about it -- they claimed that they had only received a reservation from Orbitz for a 1-bedroom apartment. I had my paperwork/confirmation from Orbitz with me -- but the hotel staff didn't honor my reservation for a 2-bedroom apartment and told me to straighten it out with Orbitz. There were three people in our traveling party and we made it work, but it was very cramped quarters and uncomfortable sleeping arrangements. I contacted Orbitz when I got back to the United States, but it was a huge hassle to get a refund from the hotel, even though the mix-up was clearly on their end. It's my impression that this has happened to other people at this hotel. Buyer beware! Consider yourself warned about this place.

Room Tip: Refuse to accept a 1-bedroom apartment if you reserved a 2-bedroom apartment. Make the hotel staff h...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank NM_Travels5454
Reviewed July 23, 2012

A group of 3 of us spent 2 nights back in June and we could not have expected more for ~$80 a night (through Hotels.com). This is not a hotel but a short term apartment rental. The room we had was very clean and large (it was actually a 2-bedroom apartment) and could have accomodated 2 more people. The location is pretty good too, very central, only 10 mns walk to the museum of pre-columbian art and the cathedral. Rooms have their own kitchen if you feel like cooking and there is also a nice, modern supermarket right down the building. It is very basic with no service otherwise. Staff who manages the room is helpful but very busy - they manage a large number of rooms.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family