“Outstanding service”

Ranked #36 of 200 Hotels in Santiago
Washington DC
“Outstanding service”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a brief night in the Meridiano after arriving on a late flight. The bed was extremely comfortable, the shower was strong and hot and the towels were fluffy. The breakfast was delicious. The comfortable library where guests could read and check emails was a real bonus.All of these qualities would have warranted an "excellent" rating, but what puts the Meridiano into the "outstanding" category is their customer service.
I needed to see a doctor during my very brief visit to Santiago. We called the hotel and they advised that they would try to get an appointment for me to see a doctor. When we arrived, they gave us all the details. They had found an English speaking doctor a few blocks away and made an appointment, secured by giving the name and personal identity number of a member of staff. We were amazed and delighted that someone would be willing to do this for a total stranger.
Clearly the staff of the Meridiano are willing to go out of their way to ensure the well being of their guests in every possible way. You only realize how valuable this kind of attention is when you really need it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Polish first
Göteborg, Sweden
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Very helpful and clean hotel. You have a lot of nice restaurants in the neighbourhood. Very friendly personnell. The rooms are not big, but enough. We stayed in a family room so ours were on the top floor and big enough for us.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have stayed at Hotel Meridiano Sur five times now, and I will continue to stay there whenever I visit Santiago. The location is great (close to lots of nice restaurants and two subway stops), and the staff is very friendly. The rooms are tasteful and modern, and the beds are very comfortable. Nice breakfast. Highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Chico, California
Reviewed February 1, 2014

A small hotel--perhaps eight rooms; more like an American B & B (w/o the chintz). In the Providencia barrio. Fine location a block off the main street with many good restaurants w/in walking distance. About 4 blocks to a Metro station. . The breakfasts were very good (not individually cooked; but better and more diverse than most Continental type breakfasts). Very comfortable common areas (lounge, computers, library, dining room, patios.) The staff was most accommodating and helpful (ex. let us spend a whole afternoon in their lounge while we waited on a night flight out of Stgo). It was important to us that the desk staff all spoke English and could handle our email communications in English.

Room Tip: If you are elderly, ask for a second floor room. No elevator. Staff got our luggage up the stairs.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Fillmore, New York
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I traveled alone to Santiago after a 2 week cruise around South America. My travelmates from the ship all booked with the cruise ship for their disembarcation hotel. Not me; and I am glad I did not book into one of those chain hotels. There was no need for me to be by the airport as I intended on touring Santiago. The airport is quite a distance and taxi ride from the center of town. When I saw this hotel, I was so excited! it looked like a little castle behind an iron fence. It was pretty close to the center of town, and appeared to be in an artsy section with lots of little cafes and stores. The hotel is a tiny boutique hotel. It is decorated in Chilean style. My room was downstairs near the "breakfast: room and patio. I did not see an elevator. My room for me only was tiny but included a bathroom. It was immaculate and had AC. I can't remember all of the staffs' names but Florian and Frankie and the cleaning ladies were BEYOND kind and attentive. The buzz in the breakfat room was how absolutely charming the hotel was and how lucky we all were! For breakfast there are breads, cheeses, cereals, yogurt, fruit, coffee, tea and juice. There were not hot items. There also was a refrigerator and snack box based on the honor system if you chose items. My friends paid 4 times more for their chain hotel with no charm. After dropping me off after seeing Los Buenos Muchachos, they almost died when they saw "my" charming hotel. Sadly, a bug I picked up on the ship got worse and I wound up spending 6 hours in the clinic to get help. Florian got me into a taxi and gave the driver specific directions. Everyone was concerned. Traveling alone, I was a bit concerned, but I felt like I had "family" with the employees of the Meridiano and I could call upon them if things got worse in the clinic. You can't imagine how much that meant to me. I would go back tomorrow if I could. I can never thank the employees enough, or accept how lucky I was in booking this wonderful little hotel. DO NOT miss out on this. You cannot do better.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, you might mention this as I do not know if there was an elevator.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I was in Santiago for my dissertation research and had the joy of staying at the Meridiano Sur Petit Hotel for a couple of nights before my flight back home. It was such a lovely way to end my trip! The hotel is in a quiet area of town on Calle Santa Beatriz, located near two delicious seafood restaurants, a pretty riverside park, and two metro stations that can take you pretty much anywhere you'd like in the city. The bilingual (Spanish and English) staff was friendly and intelligent, kindly accommodating the various visitors who stopped by to see me before I departed (my host family from my previous stay in Santiago, several colleagues, and my Chilean boyfriend). The free breakfast has a limited but decent spread, though I recommend eating a light breakfast at the hotel and treating yourself to lunch at one of the fantastic eateries in town, like Bocanariz, Xoco Por Ti, and Aqui Está Coco. The bathrooms and living quarters were very clean and comfortable - with fresh flowers, bottled water, and free WiFi Internet connection - and the outside patio is perfect for reading/writing! The hotel overall also has nice decorative touches, like poetry from Pablo Neruda etched into the walls and artisan weavings and ceramics, that make it feel like home.

Room Tip: I was in room #8 in the basement, which hadn't gotten the best reviews on TripAdvisor and other...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Toronto
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This wonderful hotel is a few short blocks from the subway, and very close to shops and excellent restaurants. The rooms are well fitted out and extremely clean. The hotel staff is very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. We enjoyed our stay so much,that we rebooked it for our return trip
to Santiago.