Meridiano Sur, Petit Hotel
$142
Hotels.com
$265
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Plaza San Francisco(Santiago)
$168
$114
Agoda.com
$104
$70
$101
$81
Agoda.com
Le Reve Hotel Boutique(Santiago)
$227
$199
Travelocity
$107
RQ Santiago(Santiago)
$103
$74
  • Restaurant
All reviewssmall hotelmanuel montt metro stationchilliquiet streetprovidencia areafamily roomlovely little hotelfriendly hotellovely boutiquebreakfast roomsmall roomtop floortea and coffeewithin easy walking distancenice breakfastdefinitely stay here againlong flight
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have stayed at Hotel Meridiano Sur five times now, and I will continue to stay there whenever I visit Santiago. The location is great (close to lots of nice restaurants and two subway stops), and the staff is very friendly. The rooms are tasteful and modern, and the beds are very comfortable. Nice breakfast. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 1, 2014

A small hotel--perhaps eight rooms; more like an American B & B (w/o the chintz). In the Providencia barrio. Fine location a block off the main street with many good restaurants w/in walking distance. About 4 blocks to a Metro station. . The breakfasts were very good (not individually cooked; but better and more diverse than most Continental type breakfasts). Very comfortable common areas (lounge, computers, library, dining room, patios.) The staff was most accommodating and helpful (ex. let us spend a whole afternoon in their lounge while we waited on a night flight out of Stgo). It was important to us that the desk staff all spoke English and could handle our email communications in English.

Room Tip: If you are elderly, ask for a second floor room. No elevator. Staff got our luggage up the stairs.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I traveled alone to Santiago after a 2 week cruise around South America. My travelmates from the ship all booked with the cruise ship for their disembarcation hotel. Not me; and I am glad I did not book into one of those chain hotels. There was no need for me to be by the airport as I intended on touring Santiago. The airport is quite a distance and taxi ride from the center of town. When I saw this hotel, I was so excited! it looked like a little castle behind an iron fence. It was pretty close to the center of town, and appeared to be in an artsy section with lots of little cafes and stores. The hotel is a tiny boutique hotel. It is decorated in Chilean style. My room was downstairs near the "breakfast: room and patio. I did not see an elevator. My room for me only was tiny but included a bathroom. It was immaculate and had AC. I can't remember all of the staffs' names but Florian and Frankie and the cleaning ladies were BEYOND kind and attentive. The buzz in the breakfat room was how absolutely charming the hotel was and how lucky we all were! For breakfast there are breads, cheeses, cereals, yogurt, fruit, coffee, tea and juice. There were not hot items. There also was a refrigerator and snack box based on the honor system if you chose items. My friends paid 4 times more for their chain hotel with no charm. After dropping me off after seeing Los Buenos Muchachos, they almost died when they saw "my" charming hotel. Sadly, a bug I picked up on the ship got worse and I wound up spending 6 hours in the clinic to get help. Florian got me into a taxi and gave the driver specific directions. Everyone was concerned. Traveling alone, I was a bit concerned, but I felt like I had "family" with the employees of the Meridiano and I could call upon them if things got worse in the clinic. You can't imagine how much that meant to me. I would go back tomorrow if I could. I can never thank the employees enough, or accept how lucky I was in booking this wonderful little hotel. DO NOT miss out on this. You cannot do better.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, you might mention this as I do not know if there was an elevator.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I was in Santiago for my dissertation research and had the joy of staying at the Meridiano Sur Petit Hotel for a couple of nights before my flight back home. It was such a lovely way to end my trip! The hotel is in a quiet area of town on Calle Santa Beatriz, located near two delicious seafood restaurants, a pretty riverside park, and two metro stations that can take you pretty much anywhere you'd like in the city. The bilingual (Spanish and English) staff was friendly and intelligent, kindly accommodating the various visitors who stopped by to see me before I departed (my host family from my previous stay in Santiago, several colleagues, and my Chilean boyfriend). The free breakfast has a limited but decent spread, though I recommend eating a light breakfast at the hotel and treating yourself to lunch at one of the fantastic eateries in town, like Bocanariz, Xoco Por Ti, and Aqui Está Coco. The bathrooms and living quarters were very clean and comfortable - with fresh flowers, bottled water, and free WiFi Internet connection - and the outside patio is perfect for reading/writing! The hotel overall also has nice decorative touches, like poetry from Pablo Neruda etched into the walls and artisan weavings and ceramics, that make it feel like home.

Room Tip: I was in room #8 in the basement, which hadn't gotten the best reviews on TripAdvisor and other sites... but I can honestly say that I found it to be delightful, especially after a week of camping out in the Atacama Desert! The only problem is that the shower doors were a bit tricky to close. Other than that, it was a great single!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This wonderful hotel is a few short blocks from the subway, and very close to shops and excellent restaurants. The rooms are well fitted out and extremely clean. The hotel staff is very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. We enjoyed our stay so much,that we rebooked it for our return trip
to Santiago.