“Great, friendly hotel, great room for children”

Hotel Boutique L'Ambassade
Ranked #91 of 157 Santiago B&B and Inns
Dulwich, null, United Kingdom
“Great, friendly hotel, great room for children”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights with our 3 children. It was great as they have a large room with a double and 2 singles and they put an extra bed on the floor for us. So it is a great option if you have children.

It was very clean and our room was tidied very nicely for us every day.

Also we felt safe leaving our computers and ipads around in the room when we went out so it is a safe place.

It was a shame that it was too cold to use the pool as it looks very nice.

The breakfasts were very good, nice fresh fruit and cereal for the children as well as toast and delicious home made jam.

It also has secure off street parking and they organised a babysitter for us too.

A very nice hotel in a nice area of town.

I would recommend this hotel and I am glad that we stayed here instead of a big chain hotel.

Room Tip: We had the room at the top and with an extra bed we had plenty of space for 2 adults and 3 children.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Riedisheim, France
Reviewed March 23, 2013

It was the spring in Santiago de Chile, last november, a great season in this very comfortable and modern city. The area where the hotel is located is very calm and well connected. It wasn't easy to find this almost "hidden" hotel. No clear identification. So you have to try and to ring the bell to be sure you're in the right place. I was really upset in the previous days of my arrival. No possibility to get somebody on the phone. Later I knew that the concierge tasks were take in charge by students of tourism. Well this is original but I ask about safety issues. I sent several mails but also no answer at all. I did not get any french croissants or other french specialities for my breakfast. This is described in the website and it is not true. Owners are not french people now. Anyway I liked the breakfast except the coffee. I think prices of this hotel give you the right to get a good coffee and not only nescafe. I got the biggest and more expensive room but I was disappointed by its quality. It was a mezzanine for 4 people the definitively is not appropriate for this category of hotel. In the end I was awarded with a nice price. The idea of boutique hotel is quite nice but improvements and necessary, rapidly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Mario O
Milan, Italy
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Hotel Ambassade is a boutique hotel in the middle of the Barrio Providencia, a top-end borough of Santiago. The hotel sign is almost hidden on the façade of the house, behind a steel gate, and you will have a hard time in finding it; the hotel is in a typical mansion of this borough. After ringing the bell, the receptionist will come open the gate. The reception and the living room, as well as the breakfast room, are on the ground floor. Rooms are upstairs. The hotel is originally a small mansion of the borough, and so therefore are the rooms. It was not born as a hotel.
Our room had a nice balcony, with a table and two chairs where you can enjoy the view of the luxurious garden and the swimming pool. The room has a wide bathroom and three closets, and a flat TV.
Breakfast is great and rich. We stayed only one night for 120 Euros.
Overall is not cheap, but you pay the fact of being in a typical house of the borough, in a rich borough.

Room Tip: We saw guests coming out from a room facing the pool patio which should be very nice. Ours was first...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were recommended this beautifully hidden hotel by another couple, and we are truly happy with the recommendation.
We stayed here for two nights before continuing our trip to Valparaiso and what a find. I would go as far as saying that it is a hidden oasis in Santiago.
Although the owners have changed since the last reviews, from my understanding, the service and quality has not dropped in quality.
The staff is wonderful and helpful. The rooms are spacious and extremely clean. The garden is extremely peaceful and makes the stay here even more worthwhile (with the Pool, the lounge chairs). After a couple of days of constant sightseeing in Peru and Chile, this is the perfect place to come and relax, unwind, and just enjoy the holidays with a great book, a great wine from Chile, lounging on the chairs.
We highly recommend the hotel to all our friends and family!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston
Reviewed April 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for four nights in March and had a great experience! Marie-Josee made everything so relaxing and easy. She had a lot of great recommendations for restaurants and tours in Santiago as well as nice day trips to take. Neither my husband or I spoke much Spanish, but Marie-Josee really helped with the language barrier by making tour and restaurant reservations and arranging for cabs from the hotel and airport. Our room was very nice, comfortable and clean and the breakfast (which we ate on the beautiful back patio) was excellent. Marie Josee even packed a nice breakfast for us to take with us the morning we left since we had to head to the airport so early! The hotel is convenient to visit many neighborhoods in Santiago. We mostly walked, but cabs are very inexpensive when necessary.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mdk674
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2012

As soon as i arrived at Hotel l'Ambassade and was ushered in by
Marie-Josée, one of the 3 siblings running the hotel, I knew that I
had picked the right place. I was made to feel at home straightaway.
The house is stunning and I stayed in total comfort. I stayed in the Loft, a
separate annex of the house, which was nothing but luxurious with
views of the swimming pool and the beautiful patio. The breakfasts
were scrumptious with their own homemade goodies on offer. Nothing was
a bother whether it was discussing where to go or just catching up on
the day's events. When i finally ventured out, it was a short walk to
a nice cafe or a trendy Peruvian restaurant, and it was easy to catch
a taxi for the 5-minute ride into the centre of Providencia. I simply
cannot recommend Hotel l'Ambassade in Providencia highly enough. The
most brilliant hosts make this hotel something special in Santiago.

Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Coolamo
new york
Reviewed December 28, 2011

This house is gorgeous. The rooms are gorgeous. The decor is gorgeous.

Manager Marie Josee made restaurant reservations for me over a tough holiday weekend and made it extremely easy to give instructions to cabdrivers. She also recommended a great Wine Tour as well, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

The pool is good for a dip on a hot day, with towels and lounge chairs provided.

Breakfast served at any time you please between 8 and 11 i think and can be brought to the room although they have a beautiful patio and I enjoyed taking my meal outside. Pastry, a variety of fresh fruits, toasts and yogurt with coffee or tea and water will keep you sated for a long while.

The only drawback here is that you have to take cabs everywhere. This is a good 35 minute walk from the nearest metro (so you'd at least want to take a cab to the metro). If they call you a taxi, it will be 2 to 3 times more than a metered taxi would be but they're off a main thoroughfare and I never had a problem catching one.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo