“Great Hotel in Santiago”

The Aubrey Boutique Hotel
Ranked #7 of 204 Hotels in Santiago
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Great location, clean and extremely helpful. Great recommendations and many great restaurants within a couple of blocks. We felt perfectly safe in the neighborhood. I agree that the server at breakfast was exceptionally friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I've been meaning to comment on this hotel for months now after visiting it during a business trip to South America. (So good I stayed twice!) Our agent was dubious about my desire to stay here after I had found good reviews using tripadvisor. He was a little concerned about my security in the evening if I chose to wander out. As it happened his concern was completely unfounded and I thoroughly enjoyed the wonderful Bohemian nature of this Bellavista area. The hotel is a short walk from a must visit jazz restaurant El Mesón Nerudiano. However this review is for the hotel. You simply must stay here. It is relaxing, intimate even romantic with quirky features and great boutique decor. The bar area is eclectic and the pool a real oasis to soak away your cares. The food from the bar is exquisite. This has to be one of the nicest hotel I have stayed in and I can't wait to return later this year. Breakfast is a thoroughly fun affair made so by the happy and thoroughly entertaining lady I called Angel (she truly was) nothing was too much trouble for this bubbly person. Oh I nearly forgot you MUST find the time to travel to the top of San Cristóbal using the Funicular (train) which is almost next door to this hotel. The Chilean National Zoo is also your neighbour if you stay at this very special hotel.

Room Tip: Review the web site and decide on a room, all are good. But the big one overlooking the pool is spec...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lyn G
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and lived every minute of it. We had a jacuzzi room. The jacuzzis are especially nice because they're basically large bathtubs-- you refill and drain the jacuzzi with each use. They aren't big hot tubs full of chlorinated water.

The staff is incredibly friendly. The woman who waits tables at breakfast is probably the nicest person you'll ever meet.

The entire hotel is perfectly decorated. It's truly an oasis in the middle of a major city.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We have booked three nights to stay in the Aubrey, and we have not even arrived into Santiago yet but the service has been sensational! The concierge called Diego has been fantastically helpful in organising the room, airport transfers and activities and excursions. We cannot wait for our stay!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Augustuscalv
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This hotel gives 5 star luxury in a relaxed and informal setting in the heart of Santiago. The manager is Australian and sets the style. The hotel is housed in a beautiful old colonial home from the 1920's. The pool is for sitting around rather than swimming. There is no formal restaurant but a Piano bar with good Tapas. When we stayed the pianist was excellent. This is a charming and quirky place. It is at the foot of the funicular to the Madonna and only a 100 meters or so from Pablo Neruda's Santiago home.

Room Tip: The front rooms are a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My husband and I stayed at The Aubrey for one night before our South America cruise starting in Valparaiso, Chile. We had a wonderful visit. We booked this hotel online. The hotel is located just next to the park/funicular at Cerro San Cristobal. It is also a short walk from Patio Bellavista. Everyone we encountered at the hotel took very good care of us. The breakfast in the morning was superb. The cocktails in the evening were sublime. This was our first visit to Santiago, but we can confidently recommend this property.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The managers, Will and Mark, made my stay at their lovely hotel truly a personal experience by inviting me to join them (and Will's mother Pamela) for tapas & wine my first night after arriving. And the Staff, including Luis & Diego and Rachel & Sheila (and the others) all made my stay just perfect. Lovely full breakfast every morning too! A definite A+ on service to everyone at the Aubrey Hotel!! ...Brian Hagerty

• Stayed: March 2014