“Would recommend”

The Aubrey Boutique Hotel
Ranked #6 of 202 Hotels in Santiago
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Our first time in Santiago and we liked this hotel very much. However,situated the foot of San Cristobel Hill the hotel is on several levels which may, I think, be a problem for the disabled. The breakfast staff, particularly Rachel, were super and very cheerful. We had an excellent room. The location was superb as the Bellavista area was very lively on our first night [a Saturday] but less so on the Sunday. Easy walk to good restaurants and shops. It was rather noisy on the Saturday night but not too much so.
We would recommend.

Room Tip: We had room 1. A large "space" with everything within the room. The very large bath was sc...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I just want to thanks the whole staff at the Aubrey I strongly recommend these hotel to all the travels around
Employees speak English ,no problem to communicate with the staff

In the future when I come back to chile for sure I stay there

Happy holidays and healthy 2014
Ady Macias

Room Tip: The room by the garage my favorite ! Also the one with the shower in flowers I love it
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I regularly rely on trip advisor to make hotel arrangements around the world and I generally find the reviews very useful. I realize that some people just have a bad experience and that these can be anomalies but in the case of this hotel there are some real problems.

First if you have any problems walking on stairs this hotel should be avoided because the main part of the hotel is a remodel of an old house making it a rat maze of hallways and stairs leading to rooms with no numbers and different configurations. Every room in the remodeled portion of the hotel is different.

When we arrived we were informed with great excitement that we had been up graded to a pavilion room, part of an addition made to the original building. We were escorted through the rat maze over a poorly lit bridge to the room. The room was so poorly thought out as to be laughable. The bathroom sink was in the room with no counter space, our toiletries needed to sit on the nightstand next to the bed. The shower was a prevalent feature of the room, a glass enclosure in the corner opened into the room on one side and the enclosed patio on the other. The toilet was crammed into another glass enclosure with a floor to ceiling view of the patio. The porch had a large Jacuzzi tub for two and a great view of the toilet and shower. All the glass could be closed with curtains to provide a bit of privacy if desired but I could not figure out how anyone thought this was a good idea. The room would be suitable for an afternoon meeting between an executive and his mistress. We were exhausted from a long day of travel and hit the bed.

In the morning we requested a room change and were given the option of changing rooms for each of the next 2 nights. I also went back and checked my e-mail communications with the hotel and found that I had requested a particular room and when the hotel replied I had been switched to the pavilion room. This was not an upgrade. I wanted out and began to check for other hotels when I was told I would be charged for the next 2 nights if I left. Shabby treatment. We did not like the product and we were forced to buy it. They managed to find a small room up 3 flights of stairs that we could have for 2 nights and we went for it.

There were some nice things going for this hotel. The common areas were really nice. Interesting eclectic decorating and a nice patio and piano bar offered a place to get out of the room. Rachel the lady serving breakfast each morning was a delightfully positive energy to start your day.

I think the bottom line on this hotel is your experience will depend on what room you are in and what day of the week you are visiting. The street in front of the hotel is very active and noisy on weekends and the rooms are all different and some are just plain odd.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank colorday
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was our first trip to Santiago and we stayed here for three nights. The hotel is big on ambience - the room which we stayed in was really good with a small balcony and an adjacent patio with a nice seating area. Our view was towards the green belt facing the San Cristobal side. Inspite of this being next to a hot tourist spot and situated in the great Bellavista area, the hotel itself provided the calm and peace which we look forward to after a busy day of visiting places.

Room Tip: We stayed in room # 2 and would highly recommend it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed at the Aubrey Hotel in nice Bellavista area. It was a boutique hotel. The decor was very modern it had great large windows in the restaurant area and a nice lounge area. We found that the location was perfect and is in the the nicer areas of Santiago. There was alot of night life in the area but yet, the hotel was secluded enough to relax in a nice gated location. There are plenty of restaurant within walking distance.The staff Larisa and Luis were exceptional. They gave us plently of tips/ recommendations for the area. My husband got sick and they helped by providing extra blankets and a heater.They were so accomodating. We have great memories of the Aubrey and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mexichica
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed for three days before embarking on a trip to see other parts of Chile and returned for our final night in this great country.

The hotel is next to the funicular going up to San Cristobal with the ambience and style of its grounds, rooms and balconies making it a little oasis amidst this touristy area and the student area of Bellavista. The gardens and pool lit up at night are as good as they look on the website.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating and the trips that they organised with our guide / driver Alwin, were excellent. He was a great guide to spend a couple of days with.

As with any city, one has to be sensible and careful but I do not think that the area is threatening. It is rough around the edges, but has the air of an arty student nightlife area, together with the touristy stalls nestled around the funicular entrance.

Our room for the first three days had a balcony which overlooked the funicular entrance , together with a view of the public toilets there, which we found amusing. There are nightclubs in the vicinity with music, but that was not an issue for me.

Our stay coincided with the build up to Chilean independence day (also my birthday!) so it was great on independence day eve to wander around Bellavista through the streets full of partying youngsters taking in the electric atmosphere.

The staff were helpful in doing things like printing boarding passes and on our return we were pleasantly surprised to have been upgraded to a suite, with a great view of the pool / garden area.

Mark, the manager took a friendly interest in us to ensure that our stay went well and our return felt like coming home to somewhere we knew, which was a great way to spend our last night in Santiago.

We intend to return to Santiago and will definitely book into the Aubrey again. I am looking forward to the complimentary pisco sour already!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Home today from Santiago.first time there and loved it. Stayed at the Aubrey. Fantastic classy boutique hotel run by some of the most friendly and obliging staff I have met. Lovely area to shop in with lots of different places to eat. The lovely lady who made my breakfast each morning was a real ray of sunshine. Will be back for sure with husband in tow when not on working trip. Judy.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business