This is the best hostel that we have stayed in on our trip of Sth America so far.
The hostel is small and cosy with a really nice lounge area. It was pretty cold when we stayed, but our room had a heater so we were cosy. The staff were even so kind as to help me watch an international rugby game on their TV at 4 in the morning!
- Friendly and very helpful staff
- Great breakfast including eggs
- Fast wifi internet
- Pisco Sours!!
- Socialble crowd
- Good location - close to Metro, Supermarket, ATM
- Shower was warm not hot
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hey fellow travellers!Why staying with us?If you check the reviews, most of them point out our staff as the best. Do you know why? Because they love working at Don Santiago, and that happens when the staff feel secure about what they are 'selling' a We know that staying a hostel is sucha a life experience, we know we have hotel style matresses in dorms and double beds. We do provide the best breakfast in Santiago as follows:Brewed coffee, tea, ginger lemonade.Scrambled eggs varieties: oregano, merken (spice smoked chilli with coriander); and ciboulette.Fresh fruit salad with honey. We are a million miles away from the business-like check-'em-in check-'em-out hostels Staff is fantastically friendly and the house feels like staying in a home with friends where you can relax and play music with the guys there, or just listen to them play.Toilets are cleaned everyday, maybe you will have to wait a bit when the house is full, but usually when people is having breakfast, the rest of people is showering, so it works wellWe don`t push people to buy tours, seriously, Santiago is such a safe city, where you can go anywhere (wineries, beach, Valparaiso) by yourself, and we can get you instructions in order to make it cheaper. However, there are tours available, just ask. =)The house is from 1910, wood floors are creaky, and if you are a light sleeper, we do provide earplugs on request. We are not a party hostel though, please know that. Quiet time starts at 01:00There are no rules in Don Santiago, once again, We do appeal to 'travelers common sense'Welcome to Don Santiago!!!!! , Certificate of Excellence TRIPADVISOR 2012'and remember, what happens in Don Santiago, stays at Don Santiago ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Don Santiago Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.