“Well located in Santiago”

Hotel Plaza El Bosque Ebro
Ranked #26 of 202 Hotels in Santiago
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed at that hotel twice in June as we took one full day in Santiago to and from Easter Island.
This hotel as excellent service, a good full breakfast, a heated pool, a kitchen with fridge, microwave, sink and heating plates in the executive suites. The location of this hotel, not downtown Santiago is in a very nice district full of good restaurants on Isidora Goyenechea and not too far to walk to downtown or to the Tobalaba Subway Station. Our next stay in Santiago will be at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,386)

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We have been impressed with the friendliness of the staff. From checking in, to arranging a tour they are helpful. Also the rooms are clean and very large. Great location also and many nearby restaurants that you can walk to.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I only stayed one night at this Hotel but I wished I had booked it for like a whole week. The had an upgrade for a suite becasue the room I booked was not available. The Breakfast was amazing and the view as well. I had issues with my bag because the airline lost it and I did not had any clothe there. The Concierge really helped me a lot and called the airline couple of times, while my checkout was at 12pm I should have already been out, but the manager did let me stay longer in order to wait for my bag. Finally the luggage arrived and I changed my clothe and countinue my journey.

Room Tip: It does not really matter because the location of this Hotel is great. You can have a room at any si...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed there one night in Apr 2013. Their 48 hrs cancellation policy is stupid. There are better more spacious hotels (Radisson) in the vicinity. Room was too small and cramped. Overpriced for the value. I would never go there again or recommend them.

Tried contacting them after my stay about some lost articles -- they don't respond even after repeated contacts. I did not feel like a valued customer.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank WellTravelled440
SCavieres, Director Comercial at Hotel Plaza El Bosque Ebro, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Guest

We thank you for your comments, Nevertheless our cancellation policies are published, as well as the differents types of rooms we count with.
we apologize for not answering your request , we will appreciate if you contact us again to solve the problem

regards

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Flights from the US usually get to Santiago in the morning, so we got to the hotel at about 9 am. We were just hoping for the hotel to hold our bags, but they told us we could check in. Since they weren't very full for the Easter weekend, they upgraded us to a suite for free! It was so nice to be able to take a shower and crash for a couple of hours. Our suite had a large living area and kitchenette with a full size fridge, microwave, and hot plate. Wifi was included and worked well.

In addition to the free upgrade, we had a free breakfast buffet included in the $129 per night cost. It had a lot of different fresh fruits and juices, as well as your typical hot foods like bacon and eggs. Wait staff brought coffee and tea to our table. It's on the 17th floor so you have a great view of the city and the Andes Mts.

Chile is a very Catholic country and most people spend the holiday weekend with their families. Many businesses were closed and traffic was extremely light downtown. However, we were never made to feel rushed or less than welcome.

As others have mentioned, the hotel is in a convenient, safe location in the financial district. It's well served by public transportation as well as cabs. There are many good restaurants/cafes a short walk from the hotel. There are now a lot of foreigners visiting the area, so English is pretty commonly spoken here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gecko42

Dear Guest

we have share your comments with our staff!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel is in a great location, just a few minutes walk from the Tobalaba metro station in the safe neighbourhood of Las Condes. Arrived on an early flight from the US so was at the hotel by 9.30am and they happily offered me early check-in (and even a room upgrade). Room was spacious and even had a mini kitchen.
Pool is on the 17th floor, along with the restaurant where breakfast is served. Pool is a reasonable size, although you won't be practicing for the olympics in it! The breakfast offered cereal, fruits, 3 types of scrambled egg, bacon, sausage and a version of hash brown (sliced/barely cooked potato and onion) as well as a selection of sliced cheese and meats. Pastries were also available. The one thing I would note (like other reviewers) is that as the breakfast is included in the price of most rooms, the head waiter asks you to complete a bill/check as you're leaving and specify a tip. Looking at all the other checks it would appear that most people left $1000 but I noticed that he removed all the ones which left less... Not quite a con, but a little deceiving. I'd say if you got good service, then $1000 is fine but you should make that choice and not be pressured...
The only issue I had with the hotel was the free wifi which was really intermittent. I did speak to someone at front desk who said that it was an issue but didn't have a solution. I found myself having to work in the lobby to get a good signal.
Overall, it was a great hotel and I would return - just fix the wifi!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Britsinvade
Reviewed May 20, 2013

A good 4 / 5* hotel with spacious suites and with full kitchen. Hotel is centrally located in Las Condes near several restaurants (at Isidora Goyenechea) and within 5 / 10 min walk to the new Costanera Mall. Free parking and Wifi. Breakfast on the 17th floor has a stunning view over Las Condes as well as over to the Andes. Service of staff is very good.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple