“Small, cozy and superb!”
Review of La Signoria

La Signoria
Ranked #234 of 4,745 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Chilean, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2013

It was about 12.45. I hadn't eaten any food for more than 12 hours. I needed a place where I could rest my humanity and deactivate my hunger. The day was cloudy and cool. Santiago looked sad after the rain. And then I stumbled upon this lovely restaurant on the northern bank of the River Mapocho. The young man who acts as a waiter here was writing the menu of the day on a little blackboard. I asked whether they were serving lunch already. "Yes", he replied. So, in I went and sat down. There are only about 10 tables here. There was a most wonderful smell in the air: hot food. And for only CLP$5,900, I had some soup, a main dish, a smoothie (so good!) and a dessert. Plus a cup of espresso coffee for CLP$1,000, in half hour I had revived. Whenever you feel like having great Italian food, do show up at La Signoria.

1  Thank Luchoruiz
There are newer reviews for La Signoria

Reviewed December 4, 2012

This ia a small Italian restaurant across the street from La Bicciclette Verdi. It is very friendly with a small menu of delicious freshly prepared dishes and wonderful desserts. No alcohol so perfect for lunch after sightseeing.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Love this place!! Went here with my boyfriend for lunch. Very affordable price: fresh natural juice, soup and bread, a pasta dish & coffee or desert for only $5,000 CLP (around $10 USD). Nice atmosphere and the food was exquisite. Definitely will go here again!

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Very cozy restaraunt with a friendly staff. The food is well executed. They let you know what the options are for the day uon arrival. I had a nice mixed salad and some gnocchi with pesto for my dish. They didn't have a license to sell wine but told me that they could open a bottle if I wanted to bring it.

Reviewed December 3, 2011

The decision to go to "La Signoria" for lunch was right. It is open 11am- 7pm, Sundays to 5pm. A nice variety of sandwiches and salads nicely presented. And the different cakes and pastries are just mouthwatering...
The little patio in the back shields the traffic noise.
An oasis indeed in this huge city!

2  Thank asiantravellerZug