“It looks so Swish on the surface but the reception staff ruined it!”
Review of W Santiago

W Santiago
Ranked #36 of 202 Hotels in Santiago
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Check in is 3 pm but room not ready at 5!!!
Breakfast did not arrive and upon pursuit was half an hour late and missing eggs!!!
Charged $100 for a massage that we did not have or even book and still fighting over it!!!
When you have paid a lot of money to stay at a luxury hotel and get treated this way, it really makes you wish you had stayed at home.

Room Tip: You could easily find somewhere better than here
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank juliannekillara
WSantiago, Guest Relations Manager at W Santiago, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Hello juliannekillara,

Along with my greetings I would like to thank you for taking your time to write your comments about W Santiago.

We are truly sorry about all the things you mentioned. Everything starting from the Check In to the situation with the massage. It surely does not reflect the type of service we are tused o delivering. I have personally talked with the Director of Rooms in order to take corrective actions concerning the situations you pointed out.

We thank you for your feedback which will surely help us improve. We hope you can give us another opportunity in a near future.

Warmest Wishes

Write a ReviewReviews (1,752)

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I enjoyed my two stays at this hotel. The staff were great as were the rooms I stayed in. The pool was ok for laps as long as no one else was in the pool i.e. it is a narrow 25m pool. It is heated however on my stay the thermostat wasn't working - resulting in temperatures of 34C - I guess that's better than 14C

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Hello Colin P,

Greetings form W Santiago!

Thank you for sharing your experience of our hotel in TripAdvisor.

We are glad that you liked our facilities and that you enjoyed our pool. We would also like to thank you for recognizing the service of our staff.

We hope to see you soon for another W Santiago experience.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

very nice hotel in Santiago. Location is perfect, a lot of fun options inside and around. Service may improve (attention to the cleaning inside rooms, etc). The restaurant Osaka is very good (suggest reservation)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tommy_Salomoni
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My 2nd trip back to this groovy and happening hotel and it only gets better. Since my last review in August, there were improvements to my previous grievances. The front desk is friendlier, the breakfast staff is more attentive and friendlier, concierge/'whatever' room service is great as ever and the uber-cool lounge is busy as always. And to add to the overall vibe, Sting, Limp Bizkit, Cindy Crawford were at the hotel! It was surreal seeing Sting in person and hanging out in the lounge for days like any regular person, though I was too chicken to approach the man for a pic/autograph. Cindy was surrounded by entourage and looking as good as I can remember. Osaka restaurant ever so fully booked and busy, was top-notch quality food and my only go-to place for asian home flavours. Exceptional kudos to those who made my stay warmer/hospitable, to Svetlana / Naomi (breakfast), Magdalena / Andres (concierge), Carla (lounge), Analiya / Mariyana (front desk), Yeni (Osaka). My only gripe was the inconsistent house keeping eg. no replenishments of toiletries /water, bathrobe on the floor was hung up again (!), laundry bags/forms were not replenished, aircon didnt work well but was fixed later, wifi signal was weak, etc. Overall, a very nice 2-weeks stay.

Room Tip: The 'wonderful' category rooms have different bathroom layouts eg. with/out bathtub, open sh...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
WSantiago, Guest Relations Manager at W Santiago, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Hello Pixel8

Greetings form W Santiago!

We thank you greatly for sharing your experience of W Santiago.

We are thrilled to know you had a wonderful time in our hotel and that the experience only gets better.

We thank you for recognizing our employees and the services we provide in our property.

We invite you to return for more W Santiago WOW time.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stayed at W Santiago in November 2013 - precisely three years after my first stay and cannot even compare the two visits. Three years ago I would have rated this hotel 5 stars luxury but now I am deciding between 3 or 4 stars. The hotel itself has kept it glamor and is amazing. Rooms are spacious (even though the lighting is quite minimal/dark). But the service has deteriorated a lot. We had problems checking in and out - could not get hold of the concierge etc. Tried to get the matters fixed face-to-face but without any luck. The staff was unable to cope with (negative) feedback. I am sad to write this review as this had been my number one favorite hotel around the world but now I am not so sure. Will probably give it a third chance in some years and hope that they have been able to train the people working for them in the meanwhile.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Ninde
WSantiago, Public Relations Manager at W Santiago, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Hello Ms. Ninde

I would like to start by thanking you for taking your time to write your feedback concerning W Santiago.

On behalf of all the hotel I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you mentioned on your review. I have shared your comments with the rest of the W Santiago team to work on those specific points. Also, my apologies if our team was not able to solve your situation when your informed us about the inconveniences. We will definitely work on improving our service.

We thank you for considering giving us another chance. Please Ms. Ninde, if you ever come back to W Santiago, do not hesitate to contact me, I have left a inbox message with my name and email address. I would love to take care of your reservation and experience personally.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

W Santiago is one of my favourite hotels and the perfect accomodation in Santiago. It is modern, comfy and urban. The rooms are spacious with individual solutions, good working conditions, WiFi (at a cost - should have been incuded as in most other hotels), very comfortable beds and delicate bathrooms. The breakfast buffet has everything you wish for, a huge but crowded gym and the best roof terrace in the world - with a very attractive pool. I always experience very good service from all the staff and I do recommend to visit the Osaka restaurant on 4th floor - fantastic Asian fusion. I will certianly be back!

Room Tip: They are all nice!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Great location and view from the rooftop, however, keep in mind that if you are traveling for business this is not the best option: very dark rooms, not very comfortable work spaces, too many people in common areas, etc.

The food is very good and the pool are a lot of fun. So its a great recommendation if you are there on vacation.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
WSantiago, Public Relations Manager at W Santiago, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Hello Amaya M ,

Greetings from W Santiago!

Thank you for taking your time to write your comments of our hotel.
We are very happy to know that you enjoyed the services we offer as mentioned on your review, the pool area as well as the restaurants.

We hope to see you soon again for another W Santiago experience.